Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Include me too! I'll PM you shortly. I will say though that I'm at the mercy of whatever my 12 year old son picks as a player skin, since we're sharing the one license. :rolleyes:

I probably won't be on that much, just whenever I can find free time, but it's still fun! :D

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey new faces! Welcome aboard!

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, new faces are always good :) It's nice to see the server growing.

My latest project, the Titan Towers, making progress thanks to the help of many here. The plan is to build it up as high as it will go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  4. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

God i hear that.. I need a server that i can just wreak shit in..
    And our server to keep everything nice. ;)

5. Cutter John

Explored the Mushroom biome this morning and decided my new goal is to lure some Mooshrooms back to civilization and establish a breeding herd.

[​IMG]

Awwwwwwww.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  6. Owain Taggart

Awww, cute :)

Apparently we'll be getting tripwires soon. Tripwires! I can see the possibilities for that.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuvXIzYcTc[/yt]

7. Cutter John

So my little group of mooshrooms and I have made it to the first island. At the rate animals swim, this is going to take forever. I'm currently up to three adults and a baby. Started out with two adults and a baby. :)

Definately. Tons of fun with traps. :) Though it would be more fun if we were running a PvP map. :)

And emerald blocks too!

8. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Technically, the server is PvP, we just have a social stigma against attacking people without permission.

(Except my girlfriend. She just hits me whenever she wants.)

9. Owain Taggart

Xan and I had a lot of fun hitting each other in the arena the other day. Kes even joined us in watching. Sorry, we used up your dispenser in the process.

10. Robert Maxwell

Anyone with ops can /give themselves spawn eggs to put in the dispensers. Skeletons, zombies, and spiders should all be on tap.

11. Cutter John

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  12. Robert Maxwell

Wow, all that stuff looks pretty wicked.

13. Owain Taggart

Ohhh, I like the idea of the lava buckets not destroying the buckets. This should make it much easier deal with.

Not so sure what to think about the max enchantment level being 30 if they're making it easier for people to level up though.

14. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm glad they've finally added XP for mining minerals and ores, because for a game that's predominantly about mining and building, having an XP/enchanting system solely based on combat was silly. It still needs balancing, but I think they're on the right track.

The new jungle temples are good, they remind me of Canopy Carnage, but they still need to make the loot more valuable. A handful of diamonds and iron ingots aren't to be sniffed at, but enchanted tools and armour would be more appropriate and RPG-like.

15. Robert Maxwell

Yeah, I thought that was kind of funny because I just put a mod in place on the server to do the same thing. Guess we won't have to keep it for very long... ;)

16. Owain Taggart

Not to mention, Ben, gold. Gold is pretty much only useful in building powered rails, and any weapons you make from it are pretty much useless. They need to figure out more uses for Gold.

I still would have liked skills more than enchanted items. You know, skills that stay with you over the course of the game rather than relying on weapons that eventually break. They could even have skills that affect whatever weapon or tool you're using. And skills would have made more sense in the long-run and made players more unique in their choices of skills. As random as the enchants are, there aren't that many variations especially if you're at the max level. Everything about them eventually end up the same.

17. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Skills start leading in the direction of making the game more complicated than I'd like. I don't want them to add much more, honestly.

18. TheGodBen

I'm not a fan of the idea of permanent skills tied to XP, I liked the natural levelling system of upgrading from wood to stone to iron to diamond, and when they first introduced XP levels I feared they'd mess things up. I actually think the enchanting system is a nice compliment to the existing game mechanics, but it was so poorly balanced that it rewarded people more for not playing the game (by going AFK at an XP farm) than for playing it.

19. Robert Maxwell

Is it still possible to have an AFK XP farm? I thought you only got XP if you struck the blows yourself--not if a a machine did it for you, or the mob died from falling/drowning.

20. TheGodBen

Yeah, it's possible. My zombie XP farm causes the zombies to fall 22 blocks so they're only 1-3 punches away from death (a few die in the fall for some reason). I let them build up for half an hour or so, and when I come back there's hundreds of zombies waiting to be punched in the knees. I could also use splash potions on them to kill the whole group in one go, but I haven't tested that yet.