The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome to the fun! :)

2. FlyingLemons

FlyingLemons Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi, I'm FlyingLemons. I used to post here a while back, then sort of drifted away, but decided to rejoin as the movie's coming out, and I came here again and got nostalgic!

3. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

welcome back

5. zacharyquintouk

zacharyquintouk Ensign Red Shirt

Hi, I run Zachary Quinto UK and I noticed I was getting some traffic from this site so I came over to say hi and hopefully provide some pictures and resources to you as soon as I get them. I really only use the stuff which features ZQ but I get sent all general pics, links, videos and resources.

:vulcan:

6. M'Sharak

I think that's a reference to you, cubbie. :D

Welcome to the fun, zquk and other new people. :)

7. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome, zacharyquintouk.

8. Alexandra

Alexandra Ensign Red Shirt

Hi, I'm Alexandra, and I'm a long-time Trekaholic! :p

9. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome Alexandra.
    I see you're from Austin. Were you one of the lucky ones who saw the film during the premiere?

10. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

2nd generation trekkie here (My dad was a huge TOS fan). I still have old cassette vhs tapes with TOS episodes lying around my house.

I guess you could call me a 'casual' trekkie? I watched both TNG and DS9, watched many episodes of Voyager, and a few of ENT.

:)

11. M'Sharak

Welcome to the fun, new people. :)

12. Alexandra

Quote: "I see you're from Austin. Were you one of the lucky ones who saw the film during the premiere? "Oh no! **whines** I thought about going but then decided not to go, as I've seen TWOK a zillion times..... how unlucky can you get? ;'[

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, I'm noticing a definite influx of cadets (which I certainly have been expecting, just didn't know what the timing would be).

Cmon let's crack 1000!!! :D

14. M'Sharak

There are at least a couple of others here in the same boat. I'm pretty sure it wasn't fatal. ;)

There have been several waves, usually tied to the release of a new trailer or significant batches of new details. Sometimes also we'll see an influx of new cadets who all seem to have come to us via the same route -- i.e., the old StarTrek.com forum, the new StarTrekMovie (official) forum, or now, the various Star Trek Twitter pages.

15. Alexandra

Quote: "There are at least a couple of others here in the same boat. I'm pretty sure it wasn't fatal." Maybe it wasn't fatal, but it sure felt like a knife to the heart when I found out I missed the WORLD PREMIER with an appearance by LEONARD FREAKIN NIMOY! That's gotta hurt!

16. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

yeah, I'd have been pretty sad too if it'd happened close to where I was and I missed it.

welcome, everybody! get yer armors on!! ;) :p

17. CaptRayDay2

CaptRayDay2 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello, I haven't been posting as of late. Just started posting again. Since I live in Australia, Star Trek is coming out on Thursday 7th of May.

Dunno whether to see it Thursday Night or wait another 2 days and see it Saturday Morning.

18. [You didn't read the board rules concerning solicitation, did you? Didn't think so. - M']

19. Tikkun

Tikkun Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi, all - I'm too young here to have a picture, but I am a first run trek fan. I was heavily into fandom during the golden years - went to a lot of conventions, met several of the TOS stars.

Then I got married, had kids and a hectic life for a while - I have to admit to Trek snobbery - TOS is the best Trek. Tried TNG but only gave it a year, and dipped my toe in a few other series. I like Voyager and Enterprise most. Kids grew, moved out, now my life is my own and the new movie looks unbelievably good.

20. SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers Captain Captain

Okay, I've scanned the board once or twice in about a year's time frame, and really have no time to look through pages and pages and pages of discussion and don't want to be "that guy" when it comes to an FAQ in the middle of an epic thread that was answered months ago.

So... let me get this straight.

Something happens in Old Nimoy's Spock's time (is this before/after the TNG episode Reunification?) where the entire Star Trek timeline gets altered? Everything, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY? I'm guessing Enterprise is the only thing that doesn't get "altered?"