The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes it looks incredible, it's gorgeous!!!

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seeing new footage after all these years is so damn exciting. I can't get enough.

I made some caps:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. teacake

And now we know exactly what water the Enterprise is in :D

4. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

So some of you take this as reinforcing the Mitchell theory? I thought the opposite. Hmm.

5. teacake

OOOOO CAPS!!!

How about one of Uhura in leather with the detonated background.

6. teacake

Me too.

7. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

That Enterprise-like ship crashing at the end is interesting; it's got slimmer and more traditionally-spaced nacelles compared to the Abramsprise. As first I thought it was the Enterprise, redesigned, but looking at it I think it's part of a different sequence from the rise out of the water shot.

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That looks like the Transamerica Pyramid in the aerial shot of San Francisco. Cool. We saw it in the last film, too, and chronologically it's been seen in skyline shots of the city dating back to the Director's Edition of TMP.

Good consistency.

9. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, the whole "I have returned" trying to start a war and the jumping around like a genetically engineered superman might makes me think Khan more than Mitchell.

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Everyone jumps like that in JJ's Trek world. ;)

11. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm gonna say it right now...I don't think that is the Enterprise crashing at the end. Possibly Cumberbatch's ship? And how would he be Mitchell with Cumberbatch using his natural accent? In this new timeline Mitchell has become British?

If he is indeed a TOS character I'd say look for someone who is British, part of Starfleet and would be "returning" from something. A few other things I noticed...

- Some form of new uniform variant with grey primary and department colors in the little "slits" near the collar.

- Like I said, I don't think that is the Enterprise crashing at the end unless the engines changed from the first.

- It does look to be the Enterprise rising out of the water though. Lots of ships taking a bath in this one.

- Alice Eve's character's (Carol?) scream sounds eerily like the one from the beginning of ST09 when the unfortunate crewmember is blown out into space.

- Cumberbatch is fighting Klingons with what looks to be a gigantic gun or at least something really huge that he's swinging around. Suggests some sort of super strength.

12. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, this looks awesome.

I'm definitely leaning towards the Dehner-Mitchell-theory... Because I think that Cumberbatch's character needs to have some connection with Kirk to make a confrontation meaningful. Of course, they could have changed things around that Kirk and Mitchell both fell in love with Carol Marcus and Mitchell now returns to take his revenge on Kirk for "losing". The Dehner character was very weak in WNMHGB, after all, so I wouldn't mind a change here. *g*

"And so, shall we begin?" - Yesssssssss!!! :drool:

13. GMDreia

GMDreia Commander Red Shirt

Eh, I'm still feeling Garth. Moreso now :) The facial expressions and voice, for one. Garth could easily be recast by a Brit.

Khan never hinted at being an omnicidal maniac. Dictator and conqueror, yes, but killing everyone off would mean nobody's left to serve him.

If it's Mitchell, where are his shiny eyes??

14. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

15. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Well, fair point about the accent being different than Gary Lockwood's, but remember: Khan was played by a Mexican actor with a Latino accent who portrayed a Sikh dictator from India. If Cumberbatch were Khan then his accent wouldn't match up with Ricardo Montalban's either.

16. teacake

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

this is incredible.

17. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Shamelessly so! (In a good way, I guess.) We'll need to see context before we can really decide. :)

18. teacake

Well umm.. lets hope something different happens this time. At the end.

But it does lean us Khan-wards.

19. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whaaat?

"Is there anything you would not do for your family?"

*que TWOK-esque through the glass Vulcan salute hand touch*

And why only in the JP version? :confused:

20. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's amazing how an extra four seconds adds so much. :lol: