The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Word.

That company can't seem to handle any franchise with a measure of competence.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

We've seen teasers of Iron Man and Hulk, and they also showed a Chitauri soldier the other day. All that would really be left would be Maria Hill, or a Bruce Banner.

3. cooleddie74

I'd love to see a Bruce Banner...but what would really be awesome is is they did the Bruce Banner from the last HULK movie, not THE AVENGERS.

Yep. Talking about Edward Norton. :)

I think his distinctive facial features and look could translate amazingly into plastic form. Plus, he's one of my favorite current actors and, IMHO, the best Bruce Banner of the three guys who've played him in recent years.

I'd so scoop up an Edward Norton Bruce Banner if they made one.

4. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found my other Gumby
    [​IMG]

5. cooleddie74

Cool! I had completely forgotten that they ever made a Gumby in a Spacesuit. All the ones I ever had as a kid were just plain, traditional Gumby in all his green naked glory. :p

For those interested, here's how Hasbro's packaging the Brian's Toys-exclusive Jocasta Nu figure...in a deluxe, book-style window box with the Count Dooku bust accessory packaged separately outside of Jocasta's card bubble.

Nice design. The 2011 Celebration V exclusive Bounty Hunters(4-LOM, Zuckuss) were packaged in a very similar fashion to this.

[​IMG]

6. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

How wonderful that I found this thread! :)

I'm rather new at the "serious" collecting game, but I did collect TMNT figures like you wouldn't believe when I was younger (Still have them in my old toy box), but I never put them on display or anything. I was also a big Troll collector. Not sure I kept all of those though.

Nowadays, I'm really into bobbleheads. The bulk of my (small) collection in made up of superheroes, but I also have Ezio Auditore and Sonic the Hedgehog on the shelf as well plus a long wish list of other bobbleheads.

I'll have to look for some of my stuff and take some pics, there's some pretty cool figures in my vast collection.

7. cooleddie74

^
    Welcome to the thread, TrekNut! I hope you have lots of fun in here, and I'd love to see photos of anything you collect and would like to share with the rest of us! :)

Here's hi-res packaged images of the upcoming, Kmart-exclusive Vintage Collection 2-packs. These figures are based on the scene in ROTJ where Chewbacca and two brave Ewok scouts attack and commandeer an Imperial AT-ST Scout Walker. One of the two Walker pilots was actually director Richard Marquand in a fun little cameo, so the release of these pretty film-accurate Imperial pilots means that, for the first time, the world has an action figure of Richard Marquand.

Fans of EYE OF THE NEEDLE...rejoice! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. OdoWanKenobi

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cooleddie74

^

:eek:

That is so badass that even Chuck Norris just knelt in its presence.

10. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

@OdoWanKenobi Holy hell, that's so amazing that my jaw's jaw just dropped.

11. PopBoy

PopBoy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That is freaky!!!!!!!

I want she-ra dolls please. Id collect those.

12. cooleddie74

They even nailed the little wrinkles in Robert Downey's neck and his skin pores.

If that weren't a badass toy and collectible it'd be the stuff of nightmares! :p

13. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Downey Jr. likeness is off, but the Iron Man bits.... wow!

14. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

*sighs* Maybe if I win the lottery...

15. cooleddie74

I should have my MTT Troop Transport delivered very soon. It was more than I would ever normally pay for any vehicle or ship this large unless it's the Millennium Falcon, but they seem to have packed enough electronic and motorized features as well as extra action figures into the whole kit and kaboodle to let me make an exception.

It's not everyday a toy company gives you 21 bonus action figures with a vehicle or ship. Even if sixteen of them are just little more than statues with poseable right arms and heads, it still sweetens the deal quite a bit.

Besides, I've been waiting on an MTT Transport of this size since the movie it's based on first came out thirteen years ago. After a wait of over a decade for a vehicle you've always thought is pretty cool, bailing now would be a little lame.

16. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picked up some figures on the cheap in B&M Bargains (UK). Peasant Padme & Anakin, Kit Fisto and Zam Wessell. All under a fiver each.

17. OdoWanKenobi

I stopped into a TJ Maxx on a whim yesterday and it paid off. I found some of the last wave of Iron Man 4 inch figures that never ever made it to regular retail. Most of them are just kiddy repaints, but there was a nice War Machine with light up chest, an Air Force Hammer Drone, and a very cool looking repaint of the Mark IV in translucent red plastic.

18. cooleddie74

B&M must be a lot like our TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Ross stores over here in the States. They also sell older Vintage Collection waves(particularly the Attack of the Clones one) for $4.99 or thereabouts per figure. My local stores have had quite a few of the Mace Windu and Zam figures from that wave.

Some stores in those chains have also seen shipments of the "Revenge of the Jedi" wave assortment that had all the chase variants of Slave Leia, Boba Fett, the TIE Pilot and others. Haven't seen those myself, but they've been found in different parts of the country.

19. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

My Hunger Games Katniss Barbie doll has been shipped! I can't wait. She wasn't supposed to be out until September. The preview pictures looked good.

20. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Why am I not surprised they made a HG Barbie? :lol: Would she compete against Malibu Stacy?