Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, apparently you can say Man-Thing on ABC without getting bleeped.

I liked J. August Richards enough in Angel but I can't help but think that Deathlok could be better served with a different actor. He just doesn't has a strong enough look or presence for the part IMO.

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Well, that was an interesting development on the TAHITI front.

And they now officially have me seriously suspicious of Simmons.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Because paying actors costs money. They're saving him for when he's needed instead of giving him gratuitous "Yep, folks, I'm still here" appearances in episodes that are more focused on the regulars -- or on prominent guests like Cobie Smulders.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The way the Ward thing is playing out, it looks like he still has a shot at getting back in with the team if he doesn't get killed off.

I think I thought his name was Josh Weldon at one point.

5. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Question for everyone who watched the 30-second promo for next week's episode:

was that her flipping down the hall?

6. The Old Mixer

Looked like it to me.

7. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nope. You've not seen the publicity stills yet?

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I was actually quite surprised that Coulson was the one behind TAHITI I was expecting a new character introduction there. Good moment.

9. The Old Mixer

If you have something to spill...

Made you look. :p

10. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Coulson being behind Coulson's recovery was a shocker (though the video looked like a computer simulation, like Johnny Depp in the Transcence commercials).

but when was that happening? He was busy on the field for the past few years...when did they decide to desk-jockey him with a science job to oversee? That seemed weird. (yeah, not the saving-him-from-the-dead or mindwiping stuff is NOT weird ;) )

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No, it just looked like a jerky low-frame-rate video like a Skype call, say.

Well, according to the MCU Timeline, a year passed between Thor and The Avengers. Presumably Coulson's work on the TAHITI project would've come during that year.

12. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm just confused about when he had time to head up an ultra top secret project (at an ultra top secret underground location, including what had to have taken weeks if not months or even years of time to experiment with, and then resigned from it) to bring back the Avengers when the Avengers didn't even exist but for a few hours before he died.

13. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

This was an OK episode.

Fitz took it hardest when it was revealed Ward was a traitor.

Skye couldn't let Ward die when Deathlok zapped him with the gadget. Maybe she still cares about him.

So the whole purpose of Project Tahiti was to resurrect Avengers if they were to fall in battle.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

At least some of the ABC shows will let you watch new episodes if you have one of a handful of cable providers, even with a free membership. I have one of the free memberships and all I needed to do to watch yesterday's OUAT was pick my cable provider. I think I've done the same thing for the last couple Castles too.
    As for the episode, I enjoyed it. I likeed the Maria Hill appearance, and I'm glad that Skye was able to warn the others about Ward already. I was afraid they were going to try to find a way to drag that out for longer.
    I have a feeling if they run into Talbot again, it's not going to be a pleasant experience.

15. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No Skye''s an analyst who went through some on the job training when her world went crazy. Nazi's can kill at a drop of a hat. Good people argue about whether there should even be a death penalty for murderers convicted by a legal court.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

S.H.I.E.L.D. agents shoot people at the drop of a hat with no recriminations too.

So does James Bond. License to kill.

17. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And SHIELD was intertwined with Hydra. The corporate culture was skewed. In any case Skye was a capture civil libertarian who trusted Coulson and an undercover Ward. Not someone who went through the SHIELD/Hydra assessment, recruitment and training program.

18. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He's shot way too many Shield Agents in the head.

On the other hand, I suppose Black Widow killed her share, and she's a good guy.

Bucky has killed a ton of innocent people, and it looks like he may become a good guy. Heh, I'd love to see him meet Stark. "Sorry for assassinating your parents."

Of course Stark himself was a merchant of death.

So I don't know. Simple math says you don't need Ward, May, and Triplett all on the same team. The way Skye was talking about traitors in the diner, it would be a very difficult job to reintegrate him into the team.

Also, nice to see the show mention that today's Hydra are not Nazi's.

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wow. I bet that scratched Lola's paint.

What was it that Hill said to Coulson about Lola at the motel?

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

(From memory) "I can't believe he shot Lola"