College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 31, 2012.

1. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tennessee was actually looking good against Florida, until we got to the second half. What the heck happened there?

And my wife is extremely relieved that her Auburn Tigers (barely) managed to get a win in OT over UL-Monroe. Of course, I think that's just because ULM's kicker was having a crap day. If they hadn't won Saturday, Auburn could very well be 0-4 or worse in the coming weeks. Some people are wondering how the 2010 National Champs could be so lousy this year, I tell them that Georgia Tech went from National Champs in 1990 to 1-10 in 1994.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not only did USC drop quite a bit, the biggest mover up was Stanford, going from 21 to 9. I'll say that was a really big upset.

3. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Gave up the big plays, got shellshocked, and basically surrendered. Also Florida has more depth than my Vols do. I didn't know this until they played each other Saturday night, but it became obvious as they continued to rotate their lineup and those that were supposed to be our playmakers just plain tired out.

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Well, as of this writing, DirecTV has not made a deal with the Pac 12 Network, so no USC/Cal game tomorrow.

I hate this crap!

:scream:

5. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's always streams...

And now I really hate the fact that my Xbox RROD'd, because their ESPN app would've let me watch everything on ESPN legally. Now I have to rely on crappy streams for games that aren't in my area :scream:

6. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

What the hell is up with the Pac 12 and what they're demanding for TV deals? They have 2 good teams and more mediocre teams than you can shake a stick at.

7. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

ESPN3.com isn't working for you? If you're a subscriber, you should get all the same things that the watchESPN app gets you.

8. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That WVU-Maryland game was painful to watch. I'm glad Tavon Austin showed up to play, otherwise the Terps would have achieved a nice upset. I'm now extremely nervous about how things will go when the Mountaineers play Big 12 teams.

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really hope Clemson can hold off Florida, just so the dream ESPN matchup of USC/FSU in the title game will be a longshot this early in the season.

10. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Diss my "Noles all you want but don't call us "Florida"....FSU all the damn time!

11. Starbreaker

I meant to say Florida State, obviously.

12. MikeH92467

:)

13. Starbreaker

Okay, FSU is the real deal. I'll admit it.

14. Dorian Thompson

They don't have to worry much about the University of Oklahoma as tonight showed. Cripes, OU's offense is spectacularly mediocre. Chillax. West Virginia will be just fine, and you have OU in Morgantown.

15. MikeH92467

:techman:

16. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, crap. What do I have to do to get a consistent performance from GT? Maybe some of that voodoo from Major League? Or maybe just the Cerano actor out there to chase them around with a bat! :rolleyes: :lol:

17. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

He's too busy doing AllState commercials! :guffaw:

18. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you think I need to relax, you should have seen the barrage of apoplectic posts on my facebook feed this weekend. :lol: I think the doomsaying stems from the fact that West Virginia has spent the last decade as the big fish in a little pond. OU's performance aside, the Big 12 is a much more competitive conference than the Big East.

19. Dorian Thompson

Oklahoma State is just about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in SPECTACULAR fashion on their own home field. :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Oklahoma State has Texas on 4th and 6 deep in its own territory, holding on to a 2 point lead instead of a touchdown lead because OK State's star running back can't punch it into the endzone for the only time of the night.....and after three spectacular stops Oklahoma State's defense cannot hold and allows Texas's QB to escape tackle after tackle and launch a pass for a 25 yard gain. Texas scores 20 seconds later.

:klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :censored: Oklahoma State's defense SUCKS donkey balls. You had the number 10 team in the nation on its knees and you cannot hold them on 4th and 6. The punchline? The replay clearly shows that the Texas runner had the ball pop loose before it crossed the plane of the goal line, but the refs didn't overturn it. :censored: The FOX news announcers agree that it should have been a fumble going back to Oklahoma State.

Too bad Oklahoma State's defense couldn't hold them deep on 4th and 6 to make it a moot point. :( This SUCKS!!!!!!!!! :scream::scream::scream: The Texas running back wasn't celebrating the touchdown. He knew he fumbled. His body language gave it away.

Geez Louise--if Oklahoma State had an average defense, or barely average, they'd have won. They had to start their backup QB JW Walsh becuase their starter dislocated his knee cap 2 weeks ago and couldn't practice. Walsh performed brilliantly. Teams would kill to have a backup QB as good as Walsh. And it all goes for nothing becuase the defense cannot tackle for shit. :censored: 36 points and 580+ yards of total offense for OK State and they still lose on their home field.

Sigh. :(

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  20. Starbreaker

Week 6 Upset Picks:

#10 Florida over #4 LSU. LSU has really struggled against bad football teams. Florida might win this one by a sizable margin.

Texas Tech over #17 Oklahoma. Texas Tech has been quietly taking care of business against lesser opponents, but they're about to run the gauntlet starting with this game. They could be fired up.