Starbase Studios. A TOS fan film studio for everyone.

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by x32, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

2. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Will the lessons be exclusively available to teachers, or will interested parents be able to download them as well?

3. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

They will be freely available to anybody on our website.

4. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

Would be great if there were a good few more crew quarters built so you could do a starship and crew experience week, the people have to basically live and work like their on a starship, they choose the adventure and who is captain and other roles, everything is recorded, the ultimate role play and a great experience

5. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

If anyone wants them to have more sets, I encourage you to donate money, materials, time, and energy to them to enable this goal.

6. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For the person in this photo I want you to take time and talk with me please.

7. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi Kenny, we have chatted before, a couple of months ago. You did have my email and my phone number.

8. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's a cool idea Surak. It would be a lot of fun. Wouldn't be room to do it in our studio though. It will be tight just to squeeze in sickbay, engineering, conference room and transporter room. Maybe a captain's quarters but that would be it.

9. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No you did not give your phone number or email.
    I sure would be nice for me to get the info so
    This way every body can see it to. But it would be nice
    For everyone to see the set how big it is really big TV set
    From 1965 to 1967.

10. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Superb article. Harks back to the days when journalists were journalists and not just any Joe Blow blogger. Now I want to go visit Oklahoma (and that's not something I ever thought I'd see myself write.)

11. Romdoll

Romdoll Lieutenant Red Shirt

Beautiful!!!

12. starshipfan

starshipfan Ensign Red Shirt

I also love what you've done for TOS era productions. Do you know of any plans for something similar for TMP era productions? I've started a new thread for replies. Thanks.

13. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

It would be cool but I'm afraid that because of the space it takes for sets we will not likely be able to do other eras.

14. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

In our first full year of operation Starbase Studios was lucky to get quite a bit of media attention. From magazine articles to podcast to local news broadcast, see all of last years interviews here.

[​IMG]

15. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

STARBASE STUDIOS
    Open House, Saturday March 14th 2015, 10am to 4pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prJEPUWwnGw

Visit Starbase Studios' Open House, in Oklahoma City, for your chance to step onto a full 360 degree, Constitution Class Starship Bridge and get a picture sitting in the Captain's Chair.

• Visit the newly constructed Sick Bay and Transporter Room sets.
    • Meet members of the 1701st Fleet International Fan Association.
    • See Displays from the Star Trek Modelers Group.
    • Meet Cast and Crew from some of your favorite Star Trek fan films and more!

Click here for more information and directions.

[​IMG]
    Click image for larger version.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  16. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

X32, that is one fine project and purpose you have happening.
    Something else you might be able to do, for those fanfilm makers who wish to work with miniatures for their starship exterior scenes, but do not have enough space of their own to shoot such visuals, is to perhaps set aside a part of your (constantly expanding) studio with nice sized blue and green screen facilities. I would counsel that the fan film makers wishing to use such a facility would have to provide their own models and cameras, and obviously handle post production on their own editing tools and/or software.

Sometime soon, I am going to get my computers fixed so that I can get back to 3D model building and animation. Given the nature of your project, and if I can accomplish my computer restoration goals in the near future, I would love to discuss the possibility of being an offsite CG starship effects provider (non-profit, of course) for your studio. Think of it as a donation of services. Again, this hinges on your own position on the matter, and how soon I can get my computers running back up to specs...or just geting new computers. Perhaps we can discuss this in PM. :)

Whatever your position on the matter, I think this is an awe inspiring undertaking you have set out on. Keep it up!

17. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Oh man this awesome! Please tell me you'll do this again because I would love to see the classic bridge for real.

18. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

martok2112 - We do have some green screen although not terribly large. Many of the shows will likely need cgi in the future. Please pm me or send me a message via our webiste. http://www.starbasestudios.net/cloaking.html

Lensman - We likely won't have another open house til next year. However we host private tours all the time. If you're in the area contact me to set one up.

19. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Erratic Oklahoma weather has played havok on the starship Enterprise...or the starship Exeter, Yorktown, Valiant and Ajax. Their soundstages were flooded and now they need to rebuild over the next few months...

20. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

Oh no. That's terrible news.