My first voyage with Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Qutluch, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

I am skipping ahead a little. I watched several episodes while I was working; so I did not have time to write them up. I will say that I like how Seven's character is progressing. I am happy to see some conflict with her.

Hope and Fear

Awesome episode. I appreciate the foreshadowing in the opening scene with Janeway and Seven playing their game. Seven makes a comment about how she could possibly lose, which Janeway retorts with intuition. In the episode intuition is what saves Voyager. The episode ends in the same room as it begun with Janeway still beating Seven in the holodeck game.

Night
    Another good episode. However, the bleakness of it is interesting. Everyone was anxious and moody because of the lack of action. Janeway was sulking because she feels guilty. It seems like the crew was excited for a fight. For a ship full of peaceful explorers they sure get antsy when it comes to peacefulness. They were foaming at the mouth to have a conflict. Either way though, I enjoyed this episode. It showed that Janeway has weakness too.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed Hope and Fear. You really sympathize with Arturis and it's nice to see that Janeway's decisions carry some consequences. Plus it was nice to see the season end without a cliche cliffhanger of some kind. You can only do it so many times.

Night was a real interesting concept and really set some good atmosphere with the Void. It's nice to see that Janeway actually is feeling guilty over some of the questionable choices she makes, but in locking herself away feeling sorry for herself she's just making another bad call. The Malon are very... believable aliens and we can see some of our own society's flaws in them. The void aliens were very... alien unlike the average aliens with funny heads and clothes. A fun episode all in all.

3. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

Drone
    Hilarious episode! Strange though...
    The doc calls Borg the party poopers of the galaxy. He later peeps in on B'Elanna showering and tells her do not worry it is nothing I have not seen before, " I am a doctor not a peeping Tom!"
    Problem, the Doctor and Seven basically have an offspring. The doc even refers to Seven as his Mom.... A whole new meaning to oopsy-baby. This reminds me of the episode where Paris and Janeway had the worm babies....at least this was more humorous.
    One saves Voyager from the Borg, and kills himself to prevent the crew from further attacks by the Borg. Seven finds her humanity in the loss, and the doctor apologizes for her loss, but I know he is secretly happy that he gets his emitter back!
    Favorite part: seven has a deeper connection to humanity because of her experienced loss.
    Least favorite part: Janeway should have pulled the plug on the Drone when it was maturing. They openly acknowledged that the drone would be more powerful then them, and that they did not know if they could control the drone. This threat along with the fact that they may be giving the Borg superior technology should have been enough to " pull the plug ".

4. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

I loved "Drone". I thought Jeri Ryan was excellent in it. Did you by any chance recognize the actor who played One? He was also the main holographic Nazi dude in "The Killing Game", as well as a Cardassian on DS9. Needless to say, I much preferred him as One. He was adorable, and I wish he'd had a longer story arc. Unfortunately, he suffered from Too-Awesome-to-Live Syndrome. :(

I enjoyed his conversation with the Doc. "I wish to hear the story. NOW." And, "I see you have your mother's sense of humor." :lol:

Although he was no doubt relieved to have his emitter back, I think the Doc would have gladly learned to live without it if it meant keeping One alive.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The super hot Nazi?

6. Ryva Brall

I feel uncomfortable using "hot" and "Nazi" in the same sentence, but yes, he was rather dashing. ;)

7. teacake

Hey now he was just photons. Super hot nazi photons. You could reprogram him so the swastikas were removed and replaced with the MU symbol.

8. Ryva Brall

I'd rather put him in a tux in Bashir's spy program. :D

Hey, apparently he also played a Vulcan on Enterprise!
    [​IMG]
    Although I can't help wondering why he's wearing plaid, NO SPOILERS!

9. teacake

I envy you Ryva.

10. teacake

Oh and btw I had absolutely no idea that my favorite Desert Peach nazi was in other episodes of Star Trek so THANK YOU!!!

11. Ryva Brall

Ah, I understand. I envy Qutluch for getting to watch Voyager for the first time. It's been so long since it originally aired, and I've done so many re-watches, that the newness of it is completely gone. As my nephew would say, sad beans. :(

And you are SO welcome!

12. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

[​IMG]

Is it weird to think Cardies are sexy?

13. Ryva Brall

If thinking Cardies are sexy is weird, I don't want to be normal.

*can't believe she just typed that*

14. teacake

I never thought Cardies were sexy despite thinking damn near everything else is sexy. Oh well, you all can have the Cardies and I'll just snag me a Ferengi lover.

15. Ryva Brall

Hope you're not too attached to your wardrobe, Tea.

16. teacake

No I'm going for Quark who likes well dressed women with attitude. He's no idiot, he knows it's all about anticipating that which is unrevealed. I just wouldn't bother marrying him as I'm sure he turns into a typical Ferengi male idiot as soon as the property deal is sealed.

17. Ryva Brall

You can have Quark if I can have the Doctor. I admit it, I've got photon fever.

Wow, we have completely hijacked poor Qutluch's thread.

18. teacake

You may have the Doctor! Actually I never wanted him, not in that way :lol:

Or did you mean Bashir? You can have him too!! You will never be bored though you may eventually wish you were deaf with those two.

19. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

I can imagine a holographic lover having certain... advantages. But RB can have the EMH. I'll take the holographic Bashir.

20. teacake

I'm confident Quark needs no enhancements.. but you folks have fun with your inflatable photons :D