Warehouse 13 Season 4 (discussion, spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm 100% pro-choice, and even I was disturbed by this episodes magical pregnancy and magical spontaneous partial-birth (her water broke!) abortion.

2. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about that one either. But then I realized: that implies the artifact is powerful enough to create life. Do you think it is?

If not, then she would have given birth to a magical sack of feathers or something and that would be the end of it. Even wish fulfilment can only go so far. In that case the subject of abortion may not apply... except for the characters' intent....

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

It would make an interesting side discussion with all sides of the abortion debate chiming in. But, ya know, not here.

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Noooooo... not here....

5. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Watching this episode I suddenly had the urge to go buy a fuel efficient car. I mean, it would have BING and everything.

6. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

OMG, was that not obnoxious?

7. Professor Zoom

Yeah. It was. I've seen it happen in a couple of other basic cable shows. In this day and age of DVR, they got to get the advertising bucks somehow, I guess.

8. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i really hope they aren't going to try and make Pete and Mika a couple. they were so much better as they are currently. they're like brother and sister.

9. Professor Zoom

If it works for Game of Thrones, why not here?

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i dunno, i've never watched that or read the books.

11. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

That was terrible. So obvious and forced.

[​IMG]

Hates it! Hates it!

As for the episode itself...meh. The stuff with Claudia and Mrs. Frederic was interesting, but where is it going?

The hockey thing was very vanilla, even with the whole "I love you" thing.

Not their best, IMHO.

12. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Professor Zoom

You would be laughing now if you did.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The episode was OK, not one their best but I've seen worse. I liked the stuff with Claudia & Mrs. Frederic, and Artie & Jinks, but the hockey/pregnancy story was kinda meh. I am curious what lead Mrs. F to show Claudia all of the stuff from this one though.... I'm wondering if perhaps it's going to turn out she's dying or something.

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Yeah, I'm thinking it's something like that. Or she's finally starting to age, so she knows it's time to show Claudia the ropes.

The stuff with Pete was awful, though. Even Hubby, who never complains about any show we watch, said, "OK, he can stop that now."

16. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did like the "penis guard" bit.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I thought Myka's pregnancy was hysterical.

:D

Er... too obscure? :rommie:

Well, anyway, I did wonder what was in there. A real baby? Was it Pete and Myka's baby? What would have happened if she had given birth before the artifact was neutralized. Would the baby have disappeared? What if it had taken them ten years to find and neutralize the artifact? Would the kid have disappeared? Weird, but maybe it will make some people think about the core concept of abortion. Pregnant Myka cracked me up, though.

It was very interesting to see Mrs Frederick showing Claudia the ropes. Mrs Frederick must be well over a hundred years old. And she obviously has Claudia in mind as a future Regent-- she never showed any of this stuff to Pete or Myka.

And now Steve knows about the artifacts being stolen and Artie knows about the connection between Steve and Claudia. These people love to keep secrets from each other, but they suck at it. :rommie:

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

It's kind of a TV cliche that they keep REALLY important things secret from each other. Things that would prevent annoying misunderstandings (and, of course, entire episode plots) from happening.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought she was training her to be the new Guardian of the Warehouse, which is different from a Regent.

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Exactly. Claudia is going to become the "new" Mrs Fredrick, so to speak. A Regent isn't connected to the Warehouse the way the Guardian is.