Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Captain X, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boushh

boushh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Trip & T'Pol: The Good That They Do

I think I'll pop in on the heels of tennisgirl and call attention to those lovely eyelashes... I wonder if T'Pol noticed 'em. ;)

2. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Eeeeeeeeee! tennisgirl and boushh? I'd call that yummy pic a roaring success. [​IMG]

Yes, the eyelashes are part of the :drool: of that picture for me. *sigh*

...digging around in my pictures... Hmmmmm, what else do I have here?...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. suebsg9

suebsg9 Commander Red Shirt

those are great thanks for posting :)

4. boushh

boushh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess so. :)

OK, is it just me or are they both doing this joint pursing of the lips thing? :lol:

What are they doing here? I mean, I know it's season three, but I'm blanking on anything else...

5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi Boussh nice to see you posting again that screencap with Trip & T'Pol is from Impulse when he was discussing starting movie night again.:)

6. HopefulRomantic

Good guess, Reanok, but it's actually from Stratagem, when Trip and T'Pol are talking with Archer after he first comes out of the shuttle simulator.

7. Reanok

I rewatched Breaking the Ice and I really like the story with Trip & T'Pol she really didn't want to get married to Koss. You could see that Trip's conversations with her about the letter and personal choices had a big impact on her.I really like that end scene with T'Pol in her quarters and the piece of Pecan pie.:)

8. HopefulRomantic

Rabitooth, our resident enthusiastic Enterprise viewer, who is watching the show for the first time, mentioned just having seen "Impulse." And coincidentally, I just capped the Trip & T'Pol scene. So!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really liked the claustrophic, descent-into-hell feel of this episode. One of the most memorable scenes for me was when T'Pol and Archer get to the Seleya's infirmary, where one of the Vulcans--the engineer, a former crewmate of T'Pol's--is confined. As she tries and fails to get through to him, as he wigs out right in front of her, she sees what she might become, even as she feels the beginnings of the madness inside her. That moment of realization--the terror showing for a moment, even as she struggles to control it--Archer focusing her by stepping through the logic of what they're doing to help her--was riveting.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  9. Reanok

T'Pol was definitely affected by seeing what happened to the Vulcan crew. Especially the engineer Solin she was afraid her emotional was slipping. Great show it was definitely tense. i watched this a week ago with the audio commentary and was interesting to hear their ideas for the characters in this episode .The comments about T'Pol and that dream at the end was was an interesting insight into what she was thinking about the Seleya .

10. Bak_and_Blue

Bak_and_Blue Captain Captain

These pictures are gorgeous, but they sort of solidify a question that has been wandering around my brain. I've been watching season one the last few nights. T'Pol looks so much harsher and less pretty than in these pics from season three. I know it has something to do with that awful wig but obviously it's the make-up as well. I'm wondering if either Jolene or the make-up artists have ever discussed the difference in the looks.

11. Reanok

I forgot to say thanks Hopeful Romantic for your gorgeous pictures. that's one of my favorite TnT scenes from season 3.:bolian::)

12. HopefulRomantic

One of these days I want to cap all the T/T scenes from the show, the way tothebridge did. TrekCore is pretty skimpy on T/T caps. Yeah, one of these days... :lol:

One could argue that T'Pol's remote, ice-queen beauty of the first two seasons is appropriate, since she is Vulcan, after all, and not especially interested in assimilating with the humans. And every so often, she does manage to look really striking--probably the lighting and camera angles made a difference, as well as makeup.

"Fusion"
    [​IMG]

"Acquisition"
    [​IMG]

For Season 3, T'Pol got a makeover to reflect the change in direction of the show--longer hair, different costumes. startrek.com refers to it as a "slightly more casual look." According to several posts I have read by fans (and if anyone knows an official source, feel free to chime in), Jolene and her makeup artist were behind the reshaping of T'Pol's eyebrows to look more Vulcan.

"The Xindi"
    [​IMG]

In the novel The Expanse by J.M. Dillard, which covers "The Expanse" and "The Xindi," T'Pol's makeover is explained (beautifully, I thought) as a result of her choice to remain with Enterprise. Reasoning that she no longer has the right to wear her VHC uniform since she resigned, she begins wearing civilian clothes instead. She has also let her hair grow out, because she feels like a sort of renegade now.

13. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

what always gets me is the perception among some fans that vulcans must have that short hair blah .. ect..
    when the female vulcans in tos had very long exotic hair styles .
    they also did not wear robes.

tpau wears pants with a long vest and tpring had a mini.

14. Reanok

I never understood why in the newer shows all the Vulcan women had those ugly bowl cut shaped wigs.I liked the fact in Startrek 3 the women priestesses had long hair.I liked T'Pol's makeover in season 3 having longer hair . She looks better in that picture from the Xindi.

15. HopefulRomantic

Some more pretty Season 3 T'Pol. Oh, and that Trip fellow, too. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:cool:

16. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

one of the most striking views of tpol is during breaking the ice.
    when she and trip are in the mess hall together and she is reading the pad.
    also later in her quaters when she comes to see him.

breaking the ice is filled with so much.
    including subtle little things like the vulcans have almost given up exploration just for the sense of exploration.
    there is a sense of arrogance that they have nothing new to learn about certain things and we learn it is costing them because the comet had a rare mineral highly valued by vulcans.

17. suebsg9

suebsg9 Commander Red Shirt

I like breaking the ice and those two in it cause its intresting how Trip kept the letter he read to himself didn't devulge anything even to ARcher and then how Tpol ended up asking Trip for advice. And fact she quoted him in the end.

And thanks for the lovelies HopefulRomantic.

18. HopefulRomantic

My pleasure. :)

Here is T'Pol in the mess hall with Trip from "Breaking the Ice." T'Pol is preoccupied, reading her letter about the wedding ultimatum, so she looks even more distant than usual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes. I think it was a compelling idea, having Vulcans in this era who were having their own issues with arrogance and stagnation and corruption, and who needed to go through their own growing pains. You see leftover remnants of this attitude in some TOS Vulcans--T'Pau still looking down her nose at humans, for instance--but also they had once again embraced the idea of exploration and curiosity being good things. The Kir'Shara, perhaps?

19. Reanok

I think T'Pol liked the fact Trip kept her letter secret and she was able to confide in him and learn to trust him. I liked the fact his conversation about making choices had a big influence on her. The Vulcans stagnation and corruption were really deep in their government and culture. I don't think the VHC liked the fact T'Pol stayed on Enterprise and and that she liked to explore the unknown space and was curious about new discoveries the humans found. T'Pau didn't seem to like T'Pol very much from her attitude during the Vulcan arc about her serving in starfleet or her loyalty to the human crew she served with.

20. Bak_and_Blue

Bak_and_Blue Captain Captain

I think you're right about that, and Mike Sussman (et al) sort of expanded on that idea in the Enterprise section of his book "Glass Empires."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.