TrekCore talks to CBS Digital: Submit Questions

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by FrontierTrek, Aug 25, 2012.

1. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi all, I'll be talking to CBS Digital next week about their epic remastering project of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Full details are here: http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/250812_askcbsdigital.html

Please submit any questions you have - as technical as you want - and I'll do my best to ask as many as I can :)

2. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I still want an answer to if they're going to fix the big glaring errors, like the giant-sized Klingon birds of prey in season 3's "The Defector" :p :lol:

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'd be curious if they ever considered resizing some of the ships or space stations to make them a bit more accurate. The Ent-D is supposed to be at least twice the size of the Refit, but that never really came across in the show.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

One thing I would like to know is if "stardate revisited" is going to be a regular feature for the remaining seasons. So far that's been the highlight and going more in depth on the series than they ever have and I was wondering are they going to continue it. despite Pillar no longer with us, I would love to go behind the scenes of Best of Both Worlds, undoubtedly one of the franchises most famous episodes.

5. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

I'd like to know why they decided NOT to do improved FX from the ground up like they did with TOS. It could have been done with respect to the original artistic style but still done better and "tweaked" to make it more visually interesting as done here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Kk2GINcW4

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is there any chance that some of the BOBW ships could be recreated in CGI and inserted in the background as an Easter Egg? How about replacing the Pegasus in The Pegasus with Rick Sternbach's concept design?

7. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Will there be any other episodes that will have extended versions like "Measure of a Man"? Or will any future episodes have any deleted scenes as a special feature?

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Gee, this'll be fun...80 variations of questions on why we don't get CGI-fest special editions of all the episodes. Let's ask about having it in 16x9 while we're at it. :)

9. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep folks, the question about CGI has been asked and answered a dozen times before. Why recreate something in CGI when you have the original beautiful model work?! That's not the aim of this project.

10. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If footage is missing when first constructing the episodes and found later, is there going to be an effort to integrate that at a later date, either for the blurays or for when they sell this to netflix, networks or whatever?

11. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I second Frontier's question regarding big glaring errors that occur within the original film shot:

Do we know for sure if the phasers coming out of the photon torpedo tube in Darmok is going to be corrected or not? I just had a funny feeling they'd leave it as is, since there doesn't seem to be much artistic license with this project (not that that's bad!) but it's more like digital janitorial services. And I do appreciate the familiarity. I've always regarded TNG as nothing less than a masterpiece.

Forgive me if this has already been posed/answered. That's the only battle-FX shot I can think of that's so glaringly wrong.

12. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

They corrected the phaser error in Encounter at Farpoint...I'd be willing to bet they fix the Darmok one.

13. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Will they loosen up on the "exactly as originally done" policy so that we can get new flyby shots (with correctly angled stars, unlike that through-the-neck shot which always looks off), new orbit shots, new ships that aren't the same Excelsior/Miranda/Oberth, actor's marks erased, smudged/miscolored make-up corrected, animations made more elaborate on LCARS screens, more active battles than just ships sitting there, and properly scaled ships so the Enterprise is the right size with respect to Warbirds, Vorcha cruisers, and Birds of Prey? Those in charge of this project have the chance not only to correct errors but to make the show look even better than before, not only making it HD, but HD with better FX.