"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The hiatus is over. New episode tonight!

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Bones did that -- only mentioned that they had sex via Angela... as for the X-Files, All Things, anyone? That made it pretty clear, without having an actual sex scene... that they did it :devil:. Scully coming into the bathroom and putting her shirt back on... that's a pretty big clue right there :techman:, along with seeing Mulder naked in bed...

Sex scenes don't have to be seen to be known. There's already a lot of that on tv these days. It's nice to have shows that don't go for the obvious sex scene.

On the other hand, a good make out scene in Bones or the X-Files would make up for some lost time, to a point.

@ Admiral_Young: Great news! Looking forward to watching it :).

3. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On to tonight's show...great opening and neat homage to DWtS.

But,,did they just go there???? Barbara Landau???? props to those who got it!!!

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's twice in the past few weeks they've done an episode that seemed to be designed to promote another ABC show. I find that sleazy and mercenary. However, despite that, it turned out to be a pretty solid episode with a classic ultra-convoluted Castle mystery. Moira Kirland still delivers.

And it was so cool to see Alexis playing Quincy and deducing a homicide from a coroner's report, even mentioning good ol' petechial hemorrhaging as evidence of suffocation. (I've been hearing that phrase on procedurals for years, and never knew how "petechial" was spelled until I looked it up just now so I could write it down. And it's hard to look something up when you don't know how it's spelled. My first guess was "patichial.")

Oh, I missed that! Hmm, I wonder if it was in reference to her impersonating someone else (as Landau's and Bain's characters did weekly on Mission: Impossible).

5. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I have to admit, I didn't see tonight's perp coming. I was actually expecting that the real Odette would show up at some point, having survived the train wreck but being horribly disfigured.

I know it can't last forever, but I'm really enjoying Alexis as Lanie's intern. She's actually had some good stuff to do the past few episodes, whereas the first two-thirds of the season, it seemed like the writers didn't quite know what to do with her.

Next week looks like a must see episode, as Castle finally finds out he's been lied to all year long.

6. Admiral_Young

Yeah...I'm really excited for next week!! Good episode tonight. Yeah next week should be interesting.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Next week's episode promo had me actually yell out in excitement! I'm such a fanboy and nerd :lol:

Point of no return and this week will be very long!

As to the current episode:

Liked it.. the case seemed interesting enough but usually my mind wandered off somewhere, missed some clues and when i finally paid attention again i was confused because i apparently missed some key explanations.. oh well, no harm done because i rarely watch Castle for the cases.

I just absolutely loved the personal stuff in this episode.. Martha and Alexis finally have a bit to do and not only saying 2 lines, hugely enjoyed the bro's out with their theory testing (i so like them.. i'd watch a show with them as the leads anytime!) and also the small moments between Castle and Beckett such as him bringing her coffee again and she watches up, flashes a big smile and says I love you with her eyes.. it seemed like an old married couple where both of them know each other inside out and do stuff for each other without having to ask for it.

Yeah.. i love the show but i'll be probably drooling on the floor come next week when almost 4 years are starting to pay off and there's still a few episodes left in the season! :D

8. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

The scene in the morgue, when Alexis crossed near front of Lanie and thru the harsh lighting. My god, that girl is white! I think her image is still burned into my screen!! :lol:

I love her little ginger face, and I know redheads don't tan well, but - wow. :)

9. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

In ancient times having a fair skin was considered a sign of nobility and Molly Quinn is nothing but noble.

And on a side note: Recently she "revealed" that she's 18 now giving me finally the feeling i'm not a pervert anymore.. much ;)

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Good episode. I really like seeing Alexis doing the intern thing. I hope they keep her there a little longer.

I was also greatly amused by what Martha promised the critic (can't remember her name) Rick would do for her. They stretched it out just long enough to make you feel uncomfortable for him until it was revealed he just had to read her novel.

11. Christopher

"Just?" Oh, you poor innocent layperson. ;) From a writer's standpoint, that's one of the worst things it could've been. It's overwhelmingly likely to be a piece of crap, since most people who think they can write don't have a clue. It'll be taking up precious time he needs to devote to his own work. It'll set a dangerous precedent that other people will start sending him their books to read (more than they probably do already) and putting even more of a burden on him. It'll expose him to the risk of frivolous and expensive litigation if the critic sees something in a future Castle book that vaguely reminds her of what she wrote. And what is he going to tell the critic? If he gives it anything like an honest review, she may be furious and punish Martha for it. And if he lies and tells her it's good, she might press him to help her get it published, and then what would he do?

All told, it's a pretty awful position for Martha to have placed him in.

12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Fair enough. I was just looking at it from the perspective that he might have to go on a date with her. What you're describing does sound worse.

13. Admiral_Young

Yeah I laughed at that...think that was kind of the gag they were going for. Plus Rick's reaction kind of suggested that.

14. Forbin

That reminds me, Christopher, I have this fanfic I wrote....

;)

15. Admiral_Young

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You know, that never even occured to me. I always assumed that it would be publishing-related, because, yeah, that's the usual cliche for writers:

"I have great idea for a book. How about you write it and we split the money?"

"Would you read my ms. and tell me what you really think of it? I won't be offended, honest. And I certainly won't accuse you of stealing my ideas later."

"Can you introduce me to your agent? Your editor?"

And you'll note that she wanted him to somehow get the manuscript into his publisher's hands as well. And the ms. looked like it was at least 1,000 pages long. (Seriously, it was a doorstop.)

Trust me, every writer watching was groaning in recognition . . . .

17. Forbin

That reminds me, Greg, I have this fanfic I wrote....

;)

18. Admiral_Young

"47 Seconds" is tonight and looks to be a significant turning point in the Caskett relationship! I'm excited. There is a hockey game though tonight as well, so I'll probably most likely DVR this and watch it later now that I can do this :)

Also one final thing about last week's episode with the whole Martha thing...Rick did give her the idea in the first place indirectly, when he told her if he could help with anything to let him know. Christopher seems to be positing a worst case possibility. As has been brought up earlier in the thread by Christopher I think as well, we've seen Rick do little actual writing in this season. The publication of the latest Niki Heat novel happened in the summer time of course as we know during the time he was giving Kate her space, I don't quite recall, but we've heard very little from Rick about ideas for his current book. He could be taking a short hiatus (although this doesn't seem likely since from my limited experience writers seem to go from one project to the next right away if they can) and has been focusing on cases quite a bit this year. We really don't know what Rick does in his spare time during the year lol.

19. Christopher

Which proved to be an unwise thing to say, as we saw.

No, the writers themselves did that, which was the point of the punch line -- that Castle's offer to help Martha came back to bite him. As Greg said, every writer watching surely groaned in recognition, so it's not just me. All I was doing was explaining it to the non-writers out there who missed the joke.

20. Admiral_Young

Ooops...bad job on me then and fair enough. I have to admit it went over my head and like TheSeeker I was looking at it from the other perspective as well ;) Maybe it was a published writer's joke thing?