Star Trek: Borg (help)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Jackpumpkinhead, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Jackpumpkinhead

Jackpumpkinhead Cadet Newbie

first time poster
    long time fan

i have finally figured out how to get this thing running on xp
    and now that i have it up and running i am having trouble figuring this game out
    i know that there are several walkthroughs on the internet but i want to beat this gam the old fashion way
    but for the life of me i cant find the manual or any of the documentation that came with this game
    ( must have gotten lost in the move)
    anyhow
    i was wandering if anyone here had the manual or any of the other documentation that goes along with this game that they could scan
    for me
    if not then if someone could just tell me how to use the tricorder that Q gives you in the game

also i am thinking of redoing this game so that it is availible to a wider audience
    this was a great game and a great story and i think that everyone should have the chance to play it
    so i need help ripping the video from the disc
    any help in any of these areas would be greatly appreciated

thanx
    :borg:

2. GeneHunt

GeneHunt Commander Red Shirt

I dont have the manual but i remember that you had to right click to get the tricorder thingy then left click on what you want to scan then right click again to continue the game.

I hope they bring this and star trek klingon out on a who wants to be a millionaire dvd type thingy (dvd extra i think they call it).

3. Haytil

Haytil Captain Captain

I remember the controls were REALLY bad and non-responsive.

Sometimes you clicked, and the tri-corder wouldn't come up. Other times, if you clicked something with it, it wouldn't recognize what you were clicking on (even if you HAD to click on it to pass through the game), like some control panels.

4. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Do a search for "borg video" in this forum - there are siome rips of the videos on YouTube. WOuld be great if the game was easier to control - I remember having issues with clicking the right areas on the screen. Its a great game - i love the fact that its all "live action" footage and that it feels like a long lost Star Trek episode! :)

5. Jackpumpkinhead

Jackpumpkinhead Cadet Newbie

i am using virtual pc and running windows 95 on the virtual pc
    and when i right click nothing happens
    i wonder if there is a setting that i am missing or something

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Yeah that happened a lot in the Jefferies Tube challenge with resetting the phaser.

7. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I think that's a problem associated with wear on the CD, due to the format of the game. I've had problems with my copy where the correct choice doesn't always work, even though I know it's the right choice. I think the computer is no longer reading it as the proper choice because of the natural wear.

8. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The links probably won't work because I took them down. At the time, I wasn't happy with the Viacom/YouTube privacy disclosure, when Google was ordered to hand over who has uploaded copyright infringing videos. I'm planning to re-post them when I get some free time and use the new Annotations tool that YouTube now offers, to make the experience much more like the original game, rather than individual video clips. My personal way to say fuck you to Viacom. [​IMG]