Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Perhaps there'll be several different variations of the box art and packaging, with one or more retail chains getting their own exclusive packaging design(s) that will feature different characters pictured in the artwork?

2. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From the link, I think the Obi-Wan cover is for the complete FIFTH season box, not the series box.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ahhh thanks Sto-Vo-Kory That'd explain that then lol.

4. cooleddie74

Ah. Thanks for that. Question settled, then.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. Admiral_Young

@JD...that's the same link I posted above :)

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming this "Complete Series" isn't going to include the unaired episodes?

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

9. Sto-Vo-Kory

No mention has been made in any of the press releases, so we can assume no unaired eps in either set. I think the only way the studio could possibly recoup the production cost of these "lost episodes" is to make the audience pay for them in separate releases.

Hopefully ALL of the completed and unbroadcast episodes are bundled together in one nice, affordable package but I believe it's more likely that we'll see individual discs on sale with only 2, 3 or 4 episodes per unit -- possibly re-cut together to make story arc mini-movies, like the recent TNG cliffhangers mashed together on a single Blu-ray editions.

10. Admiral_Young

I still think the episodes will air on Disney XD at some point and we will get them released in a separate disc shortly thereafter. Star Wars Celebration Europe starts tomorrow in Berlin. Perhaps we will get some kind of announcement then.

11. Sto-Vo-Kory

^I hope that's the case.

Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong, but I get the sense that the new regime is closing the chapter on the Clone Wars series by releasing the Complete series in one package in October. I think that -- if they intended to air a brief, finite series on Disney XD -- the Complete series set would be delayed until it could include this theoretical run of episodes.

Let me just reiterate: I really hope that I'm misreading this entire thing and discover that my suspicions are completely groundless. Nothing would make me happier, in this case.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Hopefully neither will be from that horrid droid arc. :eek::eek::eek:

13. cooleddie74

This. I was thinking pretty much the same thing when it came to the unaired story arcs that are most likely going to show up on Disney XD. They'll first be released as a separate, supplemental bonus disc and then later fully incorporated into the next box set of the entire series.

14. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

They just can't let this show go gently into that good night without fucking up Order 66 on its way out the door.

That would be such a missed opportunity.

15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think Disney, Lucas, JJ Abrams, or anyone else who has any actually say with Star Wars at this point really gives two craps about the EU stuff.

And lets be honest since Episode III didn't go on an hour tangent about Order 66, thats probably where everything you are worried about being contradicted came from.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, sorry. Since I already knew about the releases I didn't go to your link.

17. cooleddie74

So much of the implementation of Order 66 and the Great Jedi Purge happened offscreen when we weren't looking that there's still plenty of room for individual writers' interpretation of the events surrounding Palpatine's creation of the Empire. According to written reference materials there were roughly 10,000 Jedi Masters, Knights, Padawans and child inductees in the Order during the time period of the Prequels and the Clone Wars and we saw how many killed off in Episode III, counting all the dead bodies strewn around inside the Jedi Temple: a few dozen or so? That leaves thousands of other stories to tell, and the Purge didn't all happen at once. Some Jedi didn't perish until Vader and his new Imperial Stormtroopers hunted them down later on.

I don't think there's really much one can screw up when it comes to Order 66 because we saw relatively little of it and it wasn't a quick, overnight operation to begin with. Let new writers tackle it if they want. Short of some dumb new reveal that Order 66 didn't in fact originate with the Sith and the Kamino cloners there really isn't anything they can do to screw up the continuity of the Purge. Besides, the EU will be discarded at will from this point on if it doesn't fit in with new animated or live-action, filmed productions.

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Why should the Kaminoans have had anything to do with it? They weren't programming orders, they were increasing receptivity to orders in general. That was the point of the clones in AOTC, that they were genetically modified and conditioned to obey any order, not that they came equipped with orders built in.

19. cooleddie74

I've read and heard differing theories as to just how involved the cloners were with the eventual outcome that Sidious had long planned, but they're up for debate. Just differing opinions about how much the Kaminoans knew and preprogrammed into the clone army's genetic code on instructions from Dooku/Tyranus.

20. Admiral_Young