Any trek episodes that really cheer you up?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RB_Kandy, Sep 30, 2012.

1. RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy Commander Red Shirt

I'm sure we all have those days when we're worried about things, or just really depressed. When you feel that way, are there any trek episodes that you like to watch to brighten your mood, take your mind off your troubles.

2. SchwEnt

SchwEnt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not an eps, but TSFS can cheer me up.
    At first, it seems unlikely. The movie is quite a downer.

It starts with mourning for Spock, then medical problems for McCoy, then forced retirement for the Enterprise, then the Genesis Planet becomes a disaster, David Marcus is killed, the Grissom is destroyed with its crew, the Enterprise crew sacrifices their careers and possibly their lives, then the Enterprise is destroyed... it's bad news on top of more bad news all thru the movie.

And yet the crew never gives up despite any obstacles, all for their friendship and for Spock. That's tight. Against all adversity, to see love and friendship like that cheers me up.

3. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Although this may seem rather obvious, TOS: A Piece Of The Action is guaranteed to bring a smile to my face - and I'm not particularly a huge fan of comedic Trek as a whole. That wonderful fanfare accompanying The Enterprise at the end always gives me a tremendous "happy" buzz too!

4. Grey

Grey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I liked that episode a lot too. In fact, most of the episodes that involve them going down to some alternate part of earth history are episodes I really enjoy.

5. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Although not an episode, per se, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home will cheer me up every time. It is full of laughs, as well as action and drama.

Episodes which cheer me up: TOS: The Trouble with Tribbles; DS9: Trials and Tribble-ations and Little Green Men.

6. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

Darmok is not funny so it doesn't directly cheer one up but this mythological atmosphere and so on somehow easy my mind.

7. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

Troubles with Tribbles I find cheers me up.

8. Retrograde Orbit

Retrograde Orbit Lieutenant Red Shirt

9. commanderkai

commanderkai Lieutenant Red Shirt

DS9: Trials and Tribble-ations will always bring a smile to my face. It's so much fun.

10. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Trials and Tribble-ations, pretty much every DS9 Ferengi episode. VOY: Message in a Bottle, Body and Soul, ENT: Unexpected. Then there's just those bits of humour throughout.

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The end of Data's Day, nothing like a nice wedding to brighten up your day.

:)

12. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

ST III is a comfort for me too. In addition to the elements you mentioned, it also reminds me of the era it was made and released, and I have a fondness for that time of my life.

I would also say the teaser trailer for ST VI is a good little bit of Trek-ness. The only time the films ever specifically referenced the classic series on screen. That trailer is just great, and the sign-off at the end of VI is heartwarming to me as well.

13. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"You Are Cordially Invited.." Bashir and O'Brien taking part in the Klingon "bachelor party" and then their revenge at the end of the episode.

14. Genesis

Genesis Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Just about any episode of TNG tends to brighten my mood. How could such a brightly optimistic view of the future not raise your mood a bit? The Naked Now is guaranteed to make me laugh out-loud no matter how many times I watch it, though, despite its illogical parts.

And Trouble With Tribbles from TOS. It's one of the few TOS episodes I love as much as any TNG show.

15. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The City on the Edge of Forever.

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RERAc0ipha0[/yt]

17. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Rascals. I know it often makes worst episode lists, but I don't give a crap man. Little Ro is adorable, and Picard's squeaky voice is great. It's silly and ridiculous and corny and it makes me feel good.

18. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Rascal's too!

19. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Yes, yes, this is total genius! One of the all time greatest teasers.:techman:

20. Beta-Z

Beta-Z Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"Datas day" and "A fistfull of Datas"... soo sweet, lovely and funny!

[​IMG]

:luvlove: