X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Did James McAvoy say something about casting that he wasn't supposed to?

I would love to see Cummings Nightcrawler return.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, more Cumming is always good.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

4. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, as debunked as "We're just saying it's false, not saying how or who told us."

As opposed to a direct quote saying he's in it. Which, obviously, he could be mistaken, but still, a direct quote from an actor participating in the movie is a bit more substantial than a website saying "Not true. That's all you're getting."

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I certainly hope it's true. I would love to see Alan Cumming to return as Nightcrawler.

Also, in case I haven't said it enough already, Kelsey Grammer.

6. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I kinda doubt Kelsey Grammer is coming back. :(

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Debunked as in Alan Cumming himself saying he's not in it, and wouldn't be available anyway.

8. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now that's a MUCH better source!

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm starting to think Kelsey Grammar is not returning either. Hank is slain in the future anyway, as is Kurt, but of course that doesn't mean they wouldn't still could appear in cameo roles as unlikely as that is as well.

10. Robert Maxwell

:confused:

Why do people keep bringing up who is shown to be dead or alive in the original DOFP story's future? It means absolutely nothing in terms of how the story is adapted to screen.

Here is the basic framework of this story: an important political figure is assassinated, which creates a dystopian, anti-mutant future. A survivor from that future travels to the past in order to avert it. That's it. Those are the broad strokes of the story. Everything else is up in the air from an adaptation standpoint. But if you lost the bits I mentioned above, it would no longer be DOFP in any recognizable way, so they at least have to keep that. Who is alive and who is dead in the future, according to the original story? Totally irrelevant.

It honestly makes me sad when comic book fans seem to be so unimaginative about these things.

11. Admiral_Young

I've also made the point several times in the thread that Singer is in most likely adapting this to fit with the established X-Men Cinematic Universe and it won't be a straight up adaptation...but it's still important to point out who may or maybe alive. Of course he very well could be using the characters differently in the film than they were used in the two part comic story, or even be using new characters for all we know. I've made this point before.

12. Robert Maxwell

Good.

No, it's not. How does that even follow from the first part of what you said?

:wtf: So it's useful to know who is and isn't alive in the original story, even though you admit it has no bearing on the adaptation? How does that make sense?

13. Admiral_Young

I never said that it would have no bearing with what Singer was doing, I said that he could very well be adapting the story to fit with what has already been established.

As for making sense it's early and I've been up all night :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I don't think Singer is planning an exact verbatim adaptation of the original comic by any means (how could he possibly fit it in with the cinematic X-verse).

But given how little we know about the movie at this stage, I think it's interesting and fun to compare how the movie may or may not differ from the comic. One way we can do that is to compare how, if at all, the roles of characters from the comicverse may vary from that in the film version. I think for the most part people are just musing out loud about what direction Singer may take. I don't think anyone is saying that the film version has to conform with that of the comics, in terms of who's in it or anything else.

15. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Singer will do what he does best: Pick out the wheat out from the chaff (there is plenty of both to be found in the comicsverse, let's be honest) and turn it into cinematic gold, just like he did X2.*

* Of course, that isn't necessarily the case if you're a DC comics icon... ;)

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

It's starting to look like the "Days Of Future Past" comic cover

Note that Collosus actor Daniel Cudmore has been added to the cast

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

The cast will soon be wandering around my neck of the woods. Much of it is being filmed in and around Montreal. Wonder if I'll bump into anyone famous downtown in the next few months?

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Out of curiosity, anyone heard if Romijn will be in this one? I'd like to see how they'll reconcile the sympathetic character from FC with the hate filled nutter we saw in X1-3.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Romijn already made a cameo in FC, so I don't see why she wouldn't agree to another in DOFP.