Transformers Prime (HUB) S2 2-18-12

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

2. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah me too. I have never been a big fan of kids animation shows, but with this and Tron this year, I have to reassess my position.

Clearly the greatest Hasbro franchise currently airing a show :evil:

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
  4. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

As a lifetime fan of Transformers - I don't like Prime. It bores me silly.

Bring back Transformers: Animated!

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^ I have always liked you The_Baron and that avatar...but as a fan of Transformers I have to disagree. :nyah:

6. The_Baron

I just found Prime....boring!

animated was great fun! The amount of little homages to G1 was ridiculous.

Plus! just when you thought he couldn't get any cooler, Jazz is a ninja!

7. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Prime was just fine, but lacking in depth. I don't care for G1 references as a prerequisite for my enjoyment of a more modern entry, and what we get in Prime was fun. However, as I said it lacks depth - I think a lot of it can be blamed on the kids ALWAYS getting into trouble, and the small cast of bots.

Now, GI Joe Renegades, THAT was something I enjoyed and would've liked to see continue. It came to a nice natural ending, but I wanted to see where they would have gone from there as the Joe team became official.

Mark <--- Brony!

8. The_Baron

It's not the homages that make animated good, they're just a nice bonus, the story and characters are just excellent, with a reasonably large cast (when you include supporting characters) and good back-stories that emerge over time.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://tv.ign.com/articles/120/1200568p1.html

That was from Oct 16 2011 about S2...but I am just finding it.

I am really hoping we see Jetfire in S2. :bolian:

10. BlackFire3

BlackFire3 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i actually liked the "prime" series and while i thought the "animated series" was corny at a lot of places i enjoyed it too.

slightly off topic, but i wonder when the prime series toys are coming around. if they are out, their're not selling them where i live yet.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

If God Magnus sees this thread he would know. :) Looking it up at http://www.seibertron.com might help. They have listings and sightings for the toys. :bolian:

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am not sure if I will be on tomorrow...but...

NEW EPISODES: 2/18 @ 8:30pm ET

I hope to see it online soon after. :techman:

[edit] I am also hoping we see Jetfire in S2. :bolian:

13. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just watched the 'Darkness Rising' DVD. It was pretty solid. I can see myself checking out the rest of the series.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Just got finished watching "Orion Pax Pt 1".

Interesting seeing Starscream return only to run into Orion Pax/Optimus Prime. :) Didn't like the Autobots getting snippy with one another and the kids...but I guess it is to be expected given everything that is going on. Poor Jack...Arcee messing up his game...he will never get a date with Sierra. :rommie:

15. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Plus it shows how important Optimus is keeping them in order.

They really have fun playing around with Jack's "relationship"with Arcee starting with their first meeting when Jack"felt up"Arcee(in her bike form but still)to Sierra mistaking her for the other woman. :lol:

It's no wonder the shippers out there keep trying to pair them up no matter how strange that is.

16. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

The biggest problem with this show is the dialog is horrible. The writers are great at plotting, but can't create convincing conversations. All the characters do is narrate at each other, describing what has happened, what is happening or what's about to happen – and often in relation to events happening off-screen. None of it sounds natural, and lends a feeling that events are being summarized rather than dramatized. I feel like I'm watching an abridged audio book with pictures.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I like it. :)

Got finished watching "Orion Pax" Pt 3...totally epic...better than the movies this show. Arcee is one wicked gal. :D

Next up; "Operation Bumblebee Pt 1"

:bolian:

18. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got the first 3 eps on my dvr plan to watch it today. totally forgot about it was on till I checked my DVR this morning. HA lol

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

"Operation Bumblebee Pt 1" was hilarious...lots of great moments. Starscream "working" with MECH doesn't surprise me.

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I own the book "Transformers Legends" and in it is a short story that involves Starscream working with terrorists.

Here's a review of it

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtkCkv59K7g[/YT]

not my review

There's also a cool story where all the Optimus Prime's and Primal meet and share a drink.

The ending is funny when all the Megatrons meet