The Voyager Christmas Special

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by teacake, Dec 24, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    [LEFT]

It's Kris Kringle time on Voyager and everyone draws names from a Santa hat Paris has replicated for the occasion. After a week of madcap activity in which plots and plans are almost undone by bumbling merrymakers the crew (the ones that count at least) gather in Voyager's mess for an exchange of gifts. Leola root gingerbread men with pointy ears are passed around. The EMH generously provides a recording of himself singing Winter Wonderland until there's a mysterious tachyon burst which puts an end to it. There may be some real Saurian brandy in the punch.

Let the gift giving begin! Whose name did everyone get?

7: I prepared your gift after reviewing your personnel file. It seems your species highly values water judging by your over indulgence of this resource when you first came aboard. Hopefully you'll find this quantity useful in learning the skill of moderation.

7 thrusts a 300ml bottle of water into Neelix's hands.

Neelix: Oh umm.. I guess you must be quite pressed for time, I know stellar phenomenon keep you very busy..

7: If you are referring to the lack of paper around the gift, wrapping is irrelevant.

Janeway kneels and down and hands Naomi, who has been so excited by this evening she's almost bouncing, with a beautifully wrapped present. Naomi tears off the paper and holds out a real old fashioned book.

Janeway: My father gave me this book when I was just a little older than you Naomi. I couldn't think of a finer gift to pass on to a young woman with your promise. I hope you will you treasure this as I have.

Naomi, reading: Mycenaean Greece, Pre-Cursor to an Ancient World.

Janeway: The detail of the pottery is fascinating, we would spend hours pouring over the illustrations. To know our past Naomi is to truly know where we are going.

Naomi: To.. the Alpha Quadrant?

Neelix interrupts Naomi beaming and huffing as he clutches a lumpily wrapped gift.

Neelix: Ah Captain.. I have something for you and Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! A fine Solstice!

Janeway takes the gift from Neelix and unpeels several layers of paper. Inside it is a bulbous root.

Janeway
    : Not leola I hope?

Neelix: Oh no no Captain, something better. The Fafa root from Parthex, all the caffeine of a pot of coffee in every teaspoon! And already freeze dried so it will last indefinitely! This way you could add it to any beverage you like and have all the benefits of coffee!

Janeway fixes Neelix with the Death Glare.

Janway
    : Are you telling me we are running out of coffee?

Neelix: Oh well no, not as such, there is a bit of a supply dip but engineering has been working double shifts to correct that deflector dish issue so there's been a bit more of a demand..

Janeway grasps Neelix's elbow and steers him towards the corner of the room.

Janeway: And that's precisely where this Fafa thing comes in Mr. Neelix..

Tuvok stands stiffly as Harry Kim passes him a small parcel.

Kim: Merry Christmas Tuvok!

Tuvok
    : Yes, I have heard that is the case.

Kim: Well aren't you going to open your gift?

Tuvok untapes the paper and pulls out a pair of green wool socks.

Tuvok
    : These are not regulation uniform.

Kim: It's for your days off. You know, for relaxing in.

Paris, overhearing: Aren't those the socks your mom made you bring with you Harry? The itchy ones you won't wear?

Harry stutters and mumbles.

Paris slaps Kim and Tuvok on the back simultaneously.

Paris: Never mind, I'm sure Vulcan feet are tough!

Kim: I still think you rigged it so you and B'Elanna got each other. What did you give each other anyway?

Paris
    : A gentleman never tells Harry and speaking of which I think the Doctor is coming your way.

The Doctor presses a small device into Harry's hand.

Harry: Don't tell me, this is the hologram of you singing isn't it?

The Doctor
    : Of course not Ensign, I have personalized this gift for you. It's not something everyone would appreciate. It's a hologram of myself playing all the clarinet pieces you've been working on. I'm hoping my naturally superior technique will be of use to you.

Harry: That's very thoughtful..

Paris: And it makes a great coaster too!

Tuvok approaches the Doctor who is swiveling his head from side to side looking to see who might be looking for him.

Tuvok
    : I have spent some time thinking of your gift Doctor. It presented me with quite a challenge. I asked myself what would not be so easily acquired via replication or programming and I believe this is an apt choice.

Tuvok presents the Doctor with a Vulcan oil lamp.

Tuvok: Meditation may not be possible for a hologram, but I am willing to aid you should you choose to pursue such an endeavor.

The Doctor, squinting at the lamp: Oh, well it's quite rustic isn't it?

7 is suspiciously smelling a cup of egg nog when Naomi approaches with a plate covered by a napkin.

7: Naomi Wildman. Seasons Greetings is I believe an appropriate salutation.

Naomi: Yes. And well.. Neelix helped me with this but it was my own idea. It's a cake, a shortcake they call it. With strawberries. I know you like them.

7 takes the plate and underneath the napkin is revealed a lovely small cake with cream, covered in strawberries with a fork next to it. She dutifully takes a bite and pauses mid chew.

7: This cake is.. pleasing.

Naomi beams at her.

Merry Holidays Voyager forum!! I'm hanging a huge hunk of mistletoe over you all!!

Please post your Xmas VOY ideas :D

Oh and Lynx sorry Kes isn't in the Christmas Special, I hear she's very busy in a workshop making nifty things :)

[/LEFT]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Haha, you know your gift for Tuvok.... I could totally picture him in an elf outfit.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm picturing a crocodile Dundee "Not, that's a knife" for as far as what Tuvok has to use to cut his tough Vulcan toe nails now.

4. teacake

And here is T.D. Possum's Christmas in the Delta Quadrant ad!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0MSBCGYWfI[/yt]

5. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Chakotay smiles as Icheb hands him a festively-wrapped present. "Thank you, Icheb."

"You're welcome, Commander. I have been observing you for several months, and I believe you will find this useful and beneficial."

Chakotay unwraps the gift to find... a box of Kleenex. "Um... it's... it's..." he stutters, not at all sure what to say.

Icheb explains, "I have occasionally passed your cabin when you were meditating. 'A-coo-chi-moy-a' is a very unusual way of sneezing. Is it common to all humans, or only those from your planet?"

6. teacake

OMG I had forgotten completely about Chakotay :eek:

But he's all taken care of now. As to Icheb, he needs a nice reindeer sweater :D

7. teacake

And this is ADORABLE.. and unashamedly J/7. I already posted my gift to the J/C'ers in the stickied fanfics and vids thread.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R489opr22Nk[/yt]

8. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

:lol: This is awesome. Merry Christmas everyone!

9. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I can live with that. I'm sure she is contributing to the gathering in some way.

[​IMG]

What bothers me more is to find out what Neelix gave to Samantha Wildman. ;)

By the way, Merry Christmas to all of you!

[​IMG]
    Our heroes are gathered before the Christmas party starts, except for Naomi and Samantha Wildman who were busy with the preparations. They all are in a good mood despite the fact that B'Elanna seems to have a bad hair day

10. Guy Gardener

Chakotay looks at his present from Icheb... A single tear rolls down his cheek.

"You heartless tree killing bastard! YOU KILLED A TREE! Why I 'oughta..."

Chakotay leaps over the mess table, launching his massive hands towards the boys tiny neck, wringing it in like the year new.

11. teacake

Harry Kim's Post Christmas Over Indulgence Nightmare

Seven
    : Obviously you've suggested a visit to the holodeck in the hopes of creating a romantic mood. Are you in love with me, Ensign?

Harry: I'll never join you!

Seven: Then you wish to copulate?

Harry: No! I mean, I, I don't know what I mean.

Seven: Harry, you do not yet realize your importance. With our combined strength we can..

Harry: Look, this is a little sudden. I was just trying to.. Part of the team, you know? Maybe we should just quit for now.

Seven: Don't be alarmed. I won't hurt you.

Harry: You've told me enough! It was you who killed me!

Seven: No. I am your father.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    I can think of nothing better calculated to traumatize poor Harry even more. :p

13. Guy Gardener

Again? Choking once is inexcusable, and after rethinking and reviewing that night, that intense depth of familiar in the mess a billion times...

He's not that hot.

And I have a very long argumental supposition which climaxes in that she smells like a lot of poo.

I saw something recently where the boyfriend said that he wanted his girlfriend to be more "yielding" and she had no idea what the fuck that meant. She started acting "sleepy" which he didn't like either.

:)

14. teacake

She does NOT smell like poo.

15. Guy Gardener

Have you seen/read dune?

Does Seven go to the toilet?

Seven is wearing and has always worn a stillsuit.

When she jumps up and down, sure her boobies go up and down, but her catheters (plural) also go sloosh, sloosh, sloosh.

Good with the bad.

16. teacake

Because.. the Borg removed her body's waste extraction functions and her Borg armor did it for her? And the Doctor couldn't fix her so her so he devised a still suit/cat suit to process her waste in some medically nifty way?

Do you really think he wouldn't also have powerful smell molecule defeating technology integrated into this system? Because it would make little sense for the Doctor to be so invested in having 7 take socializing lessons if she smelled like poo. All the small talk in the world won't overcome that.

As a plus to your depressingly logical theory the cat suit detractors will have to finally shut up about it.

17. Guy Gardener

The Doctor had no sense of smell in the beginning.

It's not until near the end when the Doctor freejacks Seven that he is disgusted by the rank pong wafting up off Kim.

18. teacake

OH MY GOD.

No sense of smell and too arrogant to take it into account.

You CAN'T be right, she CANNOT smell like poo. I cannot be debunked like this, what about JANEWAY?!?! How is she going to have it on with 7 if this horrible speculation has any literal whiff of the truth to it!!

19. Guy Gardener

Best, Christmas, Present, ever.

20. teacake

I need to lie down.