Terminator-216 "SMWWSMS" - Discuss/Grade <Spoilers>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Feb 27, 2009.

?

Grade "Some Must Watch, While Some Must Sleep"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

7.4%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

35.2%
  3. "Thank you for explaining" (Average)

20.4%
  4. "Hasta la vista, Baby." (Below Average)

22.2%
  5. "You are terminated." (Poor)

14.8%
  1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Man, I like this show and all, but the past four episodes have all been just terrible. Sarah is nuts over three dots, goes to a UFO convention, meets a trannie? Sarah is dying from a gunshot, takes a nurse hostage who just happens to be abused by the sheriff in pursuit, and hallucinates Kyle? Sarah chats up the widow of the dude she killed? Sarah hallucinates being in a sleep clinic and/or being held hostage by the dude she killed? My god. Am I crazy or should this primarily be an action show? With an occasional Terminator to fight, god forbid? Episode 16 and they still haven't meet Miss Garbage yet?

2. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

They still have the cache of diamonds and other money that was "lent" to Mr. Akagi of Dakara Systems (three-dots-logo guy).

nx, I read the latest update last night. Great job!

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

In Samson & Delilah it was said that the Connor's have money surpluses with their weapons caches as well as off shore bank accounts.

4. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

No kidding. Making Sarah a neurotic schizo isn't exactly a recipe for must-see TV. Why are they ignoring Cameron and Reese. Did Summer Glau and Brian Austin Green piss someone off?

5. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

Sucked. I want so badly to like this show but confusing Sarah hallucinations episode after episode are not the way to do it. I'M PRETTY MUCH ONLY INTERESTED IN CAMERON AT THIS POINT, WRITERS.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

They're trying to make it more rounded with focuses on other characters. I recall reading that there were some behind the scenes problems with Headey and the show so they may have done the increased Sarah focus for her.

I really see the person that dies at the end of the season being either Cameron or Derek.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

that is all

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Hottest Robot Ever

9. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Headey didn't feel she had enough screen time?

10. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This episode was a lot more confusing than 'Frame of Mind'. There are a lot of similarities between the two.

I have to say that I should have known he was still alive, and I did get that feeling after last week's episode. The biggest hint were the bloody clothes or whatever that Sarah found in the guy's mysterious shed that his wife had the key to.

I agree with other posters in this thread that this arc went on far too long, especially since there was no payoff to speak of.

11. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

I gave this episode an "Excellent", but soley for the fact that Summer Glau walked across the screen in bra and panties.

Aside from that oh too brief moment of wonderfulness I didnt like this episode, it was dull, it dragged and it went over ground I dont care about in the slightest.

I have come to the conclusion that I dont like Sarah as a character. I find her boring. "Crazy" Sarah, obsessed Sarah, etc.. I have zero interest in that and do not like that the last few episodes have given up so much time to that.

I like Cameron. I want more Cameron. She is the only character I find interesting, and really the only reason I keep tuning in.

If it makes me shallow then fine, but I want more Cameron, more of her kicking ass, more Terminators, more explosions and more action. I do not want, and wont stick around to watch, episode after episode of psychological examination of various aspects of Sarah.

Rant over.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  12. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

I gave it an average. I agree with the majority of posters that they dragged on the "Crazy Hallucinating Sarah" too long. If it came down to Headly crying that her character hasnt gotten enough screen time and this is the results then Im gonna be pissed. I have always thought that she was the most boring character on the show. The show would be doing MUCH better if the focused on John and Cameron and had alot more Cameron in bra and panties.
    Another thing that I believe they could do better on is the dragging "Garbage Lady" plot. If this is the last season of the show they better get on with her story cause we dont know much more about her and her agenda than we did when we first saw her...
    I'd hate for it to end up like SG:A where they didnt properly get to finish up story lines.

13. LutherSloan

The recent interview with Josh Friedman, the show's creator, had him saying that all storylines will be wrapped up this season, including Weaver's mission, the three dots, and the Jesse/Riley thing. More was mentioned, but those were the major things.

14. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

so you think the show will be canned after this season or the movie release? sounds like thier planning on it

15. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Cameron is by far my favorite character in the series. I wish they'd focus on her more. My favorite Cameron scene was in season one, when she persuaded some scumbag's sister to take her to the scumbag, who was hiding from the mob or something. Cameron goes there, gets what she needs, and then simply walks away as the mob arrives and kills the scumbag and his sister. Why does she let them die? Because protecting them wasn't part of her mission. :cool:

16. aelius

aelius Commander Red Shirt

I took that as Sarah's concern about Cameron's relationship with John.

17. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, that's a great point. Sarah's hallucinations were all third-person, so I don't see the fact that Sarah wasn't in that scene (or the one at the snack machine) being inconsistent. Hallucinations aren't usually consistent. ;)

18. LutherSloan

The producers have said that they don't know what's going to happen. I do get the feeling that they are going to end this season by tying up all the loose ends, in case there isn't another season. Might as well be prepared.

19. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is this what she wears when she makes her pancakes? ;)

20. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

But there is some justification for that - as well as for the pancakes (Cameron makes them even better, in her nightmare) and Cameron being generally buddy-buddy with John. Sarah can imagine all kinds of things in her dreams anyway, and Cameron and John is a major point in her subconscious fears. The closing monologue points in the same direction: Sarah is afraid of losing John to Cameron. This will be a major point in the last 6 episodes, I'm sure.

I was at first confused by this episode as well, thought almost everything was a dream, but that was because I did not consider Winston wasn't really dead. Come to think of it, the broadcast intercepted by JH talked about "a man shot", not dead. When you review the episode like that, everything becomes clear. The sleep clinic being a dream - the burning bed was a first major clue to that.

I'm wondering if the factory was Weaver's, or not. Winstom was calling an accomplice, and they thought John (well, Sarah's son) had blown it up. I suspect Weaver attacked a 'competitor' in the "making Skynet" business.

There seems to be wide disagreement about this episode in various online fora. Either people really like it (the creepy atmosphere and all - it did have that X-files vibe a bit), or they only appreciated the view right above this post.