Kill somebody

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by F. King Daniel, Nov 30, 2012.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's nothing indicating for sure she was, even that Memory Alpha page just says she was a senior officer with Starfleet Command. I suppose the title "Fleet Admiral" kind of implies she was, isn't Fleet Admiral Akaar's title? But then, she only has the pips of a Vice Admiral, and head of Starfleet should be a full Admiral.

This has me wondering, what about Leyton? One would think he'd be the head of Starfleet is he was trying to stage a coup, otherwise any officers who outrank him might have some serious objections to him taking control of the government. But then he too was only a Vice Admiral.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think the fact that Shanthi was taking Picard's proposal to the Federation Council, not to someone else in the chain of command, indicates she was top dog.

3. The Wormhole

Good point, but then why did she wear Vice Admiral pips? Of course, the Vice Admiral pips are seen more often than the others. Even Janeway was a Vice Admiral in Nemesis, which would mean she got three promotions in a two year period.

4. BillJ

Wardrobe malfunction? Or Shanthi woke up and decide she wanted to throw everyone a curveball and wear the wrong pips? Or she was a changeling infiltrator that screwed up? :lol:

5. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Data's back too. Star Trek is on a resurrection roll.

6. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, apparently the wrong pips were a costuming mistake. According to the shooting script, she was indeed the head of Starfleet.

7. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I'm the opposite. Jadzia was the annoying popular party girl. Ezri was more real.

If they had to off someone, I'm with the poster who said Worf. Personally, I can't stand the character. I do like some Klingons, but not that one. He's about as much fun as an enema.

8. The Wormhole

Interesting. I'm disappointed they didn't make a bigger deal out if it. The head of Starfleet on board the Enterprise should have been something quite significant, in stead she was basically presented as any other Admiral.

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I vote the authors blow up the Enterprise-E, I mean they took out DS9 and nothing says nothings the same anymore like the main ship going bye bye.

10. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

A show with time travel, and nobody wants to kill Hitler? And I had faith in you people.

After Daniels abruptly throws the NX-01 into WW2 earning the hatred of both the viewers and the Enterprise crew, I think it's only fair if Archer told him to put his Temporal Accords where the sun don't shine, made an alliance with Mirror John Cavil and proceeded to eliminate Vosk, Hitler and then save Edith Keeler from that evil space cowboy and his gremlin friend she met a few years earlier. I don't think the guy was the right for her anyway.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Picard. It's about time.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Morn talks a lot so...he doesn't fit.

13. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Supposedly. The characters might have been sarcastic.

14. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    Blow up the Titan and all those stupid bloody aliens with it, Riker and Tuvok the only survivors.
    Ezri Dax to die because Dax gets pissed of with her and bursts out of her chest.

15. BillJ

This should be fun... :devil:

16. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Has it been specifically stated if there's another Trill on the Aventine.............just in case?

17. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, we saw too many occasions where characters were genuinely desperate for an excuse to get out of a conversation with Morn because he talks so much.

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Tuvok should be the first to die...

19. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

:vulcan:

Is there a such thing as being speciesist?

20. Paper Moon

Paper Moon Commander Red Shirt

I like the idea of Shanthi being the C-in-C of Starfleet (which, according to Memory Beta is a separate position from "Commander, Starfleet," and "Chief of Staff for the Federation Starfleet," also an idea which I like), and, at least, in some of the Myriad Universes stories I'm rereading, that is how she is treated.

As for characters to be killed, I've said this before: Vale. Not really for story purposes, but just because I don't like her. :borg: :p