Your own personal continuity

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Lon Suder, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Forbidden Planet is part of mine.

[​IMG]

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I have no problem with the United Federation of Planets being known at first by the colloquialism of "the United Planets," and then late as "the Federation."

:)

3. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

The Tzenkethi mentioned in DS9 are the same race as the Kzinti in TAS (a variant spelling). 'Xindi' is also another variant spelling. Meaning the references to a 'Kzinti' war 100 years before TOS are quite able to fit into canon

4. I am not Spock

The 'phase pistols' in ENT are nothing to do with the lasers seen 100 years later in The Cage, and the phasers 'not developed before 2200' according to Worf

5. I am not Spock

Nero and Spock travelled to an alternate universe (one of the endless number of parallel universes seen in 'Parallels' (TNG) ) from the get go, long before the Kelvin incident. Thus explaining away any changes to canon or continuity in the Abrams films. Different universe, clean slate. They can do what they like

6. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

There was no NCC-1701-A (nor B, C etc): at the end of Star Trek IV, Kirk and company get the Excelsior rechristened USS Enterprise NCC-2000

7. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

I'd also like to CGI away all TOS-era spaceships in TNG: excelsiors, mirandas, grissoms, etc

8. Merlanthe

Merlanthe Commander Red Shirt

Bashir and Ezri's relationship did not last. She broke up with him after she relaised that he was still in more love with Jadzia than with her. She moved on quite easily and flourished. Bashir soon realised that since most of his friends had left the station there wasnt much to keep him there and took some time off. He visisted Garak on Cardassia, got involved with helping out on the medical side of things whilst the Cardassians were recovering after the dominion war as well as getting involved with certain cardassian and ended up staying there for several years.

He eventually returned to earth and took up a teaching post at the same place O'Brien had a teaching post so their broship could continue. He ran into that woman who was in his class at the academy and valevictorian, they had a romance and marriage that ended in an amicable divorce he often looks after the kids when she is off on assignment exploring deep space. He and Garak remain very good pen friends.

Eventually he got bored of teaching and accepted an assignment on a deep space exploration vessel which Seven of Nine and her husband Barcley were also assigned to.

Having heard that female Ferengi were now allowed to wear clothes and earn profit Pel returned to DS9 to resume working at Quarks bar. Eventually he tried to fire her for sexual harasment only to end up accidentally agreeing to marry her but since he was in love with her anyway it didnt really matter.

9. Merlanthe

Merlanthe Commander Red Shirt

That Seven of Nien and Chokotay never happened. It was Janeway who hooked up with him. Also in the ST:VOY finale it was Janeway who had died after starting a relationship with Chakotay before they could reach home and it was Seven who travelled back in time to alter things and bring everyone home safely. I just think it would have made more sense that way round.

10. carlsaveus

carlsaveus Cadet Newbie

Just a thought,... after arriving here at the Trek BBS, just recently interested in all things trek and the chronology of events, and reading the posts it hit me: ... guys,... "Lenny Nurdbol" is an anagram for Lyndon Brunel, the person who wrote an exalting foreword in Dixon´s Chronology. In my opinion "James Dixon" is an alias, Lyndon Brunel is the real person.

Just solving a mystery,
    cheers.
    :cool:

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A newbie bumping a year-old thread to talk about how clever James Dixon is? Not at all suspicious...

12. Leto_II

Leto_II Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Also, Star Trek IV, which included a Caitian Starfleet admiral among the ranks at Kirk's trial:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

VOY: Endgame, and Enterprise never happened as they were all removed from the timeline by the Federation timecops.

Vulcans are no racists.

Nemesis never happened, it was a nightmare of Picard's after having had too much of Chateau Picard 2335.

The whole "holographic person" rights shit never happened, as it makes absolutely no sense. Holograms are just a display technology, nothing else. A.I. rights, yes.

The TOS era always had the TMP design.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  14. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

This is such a fun thread!

Here’s a few of my own random thoughts to throw into the mix, which are mostly DS9 oriented.

The Trek universe as we know it exists but it is in a different universe than our own. It's not "our" future.

In that universe:

• Ferengi were discovered and temporarily detained in Roswell.
    • Vic Fontaine was a very popular act in Vegas in the 1960s.
    • The Eugenics Wars happened in the 90s - AND we had the know-how & technology to put Khan & his crew into deep space.
    • Chronowerx was a real company and Henry Starling was the Gates/Jobs (or a separate big player) of that universe.
    • The London Kings is a real baseball team, which Buck Bokai will join next year.
    • The Millennium Gate is currently standing in Indiana.
    • Sanctuary Districts will be going up in cities everywhere in the near future.

Enterprise is a non-canon series very loosely based on Star Trek created as a pet project by some of the Voyager people who didn’t know how to move on from their unemployment, but it’s not to be taken seriously.

No shipping, and in particular slash shipping is ever to be taken seriously and we should accept the relationships we saw on screen at face value. (yes, I’m no fun) That means that Bashir and O’Brien are just good friends, Garak was in a blossoming relationship with Ziyal before her death (she was smitten with him, he found her quite lovely and his desire to not disappoint her is what kept him going in prison).

The blue markings in the spoon and on some of the neck ridges of female Cardassians is their version of makeup and not actually part of their biology.

Not EVERYTHING Garak says is a lie - otherwise we’d know nothing of the character and there wouldn’t be anything we’d like about him. He very often tells the truth (he just wasn’t always forthright about it initially). He was exiled. He was a spy for the Obsidian Order. He has some bad blood with Dukat. Tain is his father. He’s a very good tailor.

Bashir was genetically enhanced from the beginning of the series and much of what we saw in the early seasons was part of that ruse and actually supports the notion.

I accept pretty much all the movies and series through the end of Voyager. The only episode I really ignore as ever happening was TNG’s The Host. Like someone said before, all Trill have always had spots. They’re very sensitive about their planet’s symbionts and their relationship with them but it’s something that if you know a joined Trill you’re aware of it.

Visible Boom Mics are canon. :D

Romulan ships were parked outside DS9 all the time during their involvement in the war (not shown on screen but mentioned in dialogue). Sovereign class ships like the E-E were also involved of course, we just never saw them on screen.

Sisko is a full-human who’s mother was possessed by a Prophet, but she was not a Prophet herself. The Prophets arranged his birth, but Sisko has no Prophet DNA.

Jake had a lot more adventures as a member of the Federation News Service during the war than we ever got to see on screen. He wasn’t just hanging out on the station the whole time.

Being parked literally right outside of Bajoran Heaven, DS9 serves as almost a holy city that attracts many of Bajor’s more enthusuastic followers of the Prophets. Planet-side, it’s likely not all Bajorans have the same religious zeal as the ones we see frequenting the shrine on the Promenade every day.

The Prophets somehow screwed over the Bajorans at some point in the distant past and continue to take care of them as a penance they’re exacted upon themselves.

The Tosk are a “training version” of the Jem’Hadar given to the Hunters (who’s job is to hunt the Tosk as a means of fine-tuning the Jem’Hadar’s fighting skills for the Dominion.)

Having the DS9 crew playing hopscotch or playing baseball or singing at Vic’s was no more “disrespectful” to that crew than having other crews dressing up as Robin Hood or gangsters or singing Gilbert & Sullivan or talking about their boobs or playing Captain Proton or taking mud baths. Personally, I think the DS9 crew made it though looking pretty good in comparison.

My fanon version of Voyager looks much more like Seasons 1-3 than the later seasons, except the ship and its crew were even more screwed from week to week in my version. Limited torpedoes & shuttles, virtually no holodeck time, the ship would take a pounding and it would STAY that way for quite some time, if not forever. By the end of the series the ship and it’s crew would be almost unrecognizable from the first season. Serious battle damage, alternate nacelles, weapons and other parts of the ship upgraded, missing or replaced. No Delta Flyer, but I could see them picking up an alien shuttle or two that they traded for here & there. At least one of the main crew would actually die in a battle - and stay dead.

The Defiant’s ablative armor was an unauthorized upgrade which Sisko arranged through Quark. Being on the edge of Federation space and probably seeing other non-Federation ships with such armor docked at the station, he felt it was a much needed upgrade considering the Dominion’s weaponry and just did it - rather than going through the red tape. He helped design the Defiant and they were upgrading the station’s defenses anyway so I’m sure he didn’t lose much sleep over it.

When Spock-Prime crossed over into the Abramsverse, he not only went back in time but crossed into an alternate universe, and doing so altered his perceptions just enough for him to accept those universe’s differences to be true, such as Khan’s appearance.

15. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Mine:

• Robert April and Christopher Pike commanded the Enterprise before James Kirk
    • Kirk chose Willard Decker as his successor following the five-year mission based on a strong recommendation by Harry Morrow, Decker's commanding officer on the USS Boston
    • The Enterprise was in drydock for more than two years before TMP (2270-73): her refit occupied only part of that time because the Starfleet Corps of Engineers fell behind schedule, so the ship wasn't ready as early as planned
    • Enterprise wasn't supposed to launch for at least three or four weeks when the V'Ger incident occurred: Decker had chosen a senior staff, but Kirk elected to assign his old bridge crew to the ship in advance of his return, knowing that there wasn't time to break in the vessel's new systems properly
    • Kirk commanded the Enterprise on a second five-year mission following TMP before returning to the admiralty in 2278, a move necessitated by a huge shake-up at Starfleet Headquarters following several botched intelligence operations in both Klingon and Romulan space: Kirk agreed to serve as Commandant of Starfleet Academy on the condition that he be allowed to command the Enterprise during special missions, using the vessel as his personal flagship: when not on active duty, the ship was to be assigned to the Academy under Spock's command to help train new cadets and junior officers
    • It was during the aforementioned shakeup that Admiral Nogura stepped down as the Starfleet Commander and Chief, making way for the likes of Morrow and Cartwright to assume the roles they held in later films
    • Spock, Scotty and McCoy remained part of the Enterprise crew between TMP and TWOK: Chekov transferred to Reliant (as seen): Sulu was first officer aboard USS Exeter: Uhura split time between the Academy and Starfleet Intelligence
    • Kirk's bridge crew (minus Chekov) was reunited in 2285 for the training cruise seen at the outset of TWOK
    • Immediately following TWOK, Kirk retained command of the Enterprise while the vessel was away from Earth, as ordered by Starfleet Command due to the backlash from Genesis
    • Kirk, Terrell and Esteban were classmates at the Academy, although Terrell and Kirk never actually met until TWOK (confirmed by Terrell in dialogue): McCoy and Terrell were old friends, having served together several years earlier

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Khan Noonien Singh was always white-skinned. Made in a lab (in India?), his skin colour would be irrelevant, anyway - either a whim of his designer or a fluke result of which genes were mixed. Having ruled and lived in India or the middle east for years, he was heavily tanned at his time of exile, a tan he lost on Ceti Alpha V in one life (but that we saw in "Space Seed") and in the secret Section 31 lab beneath London in another. Marla McGuyvers was utterly clueless.

In banning genetic engineering after Khan's exile in 1996, Earth (and later the Federation) deliberately suppressed related technology, immunity to disease (including Clarke's disease, which condemned Henry Archer to a slow death), anti-radiation tech and other abilities Khan and (some?) other Augments had. Various mental ailments went uncured due to this blanket ban (As would have happened to Bashir had his parents not taken extra-legal measures)

Denobulans aren't members of the Federation because they're all genetically engineered ("Borderland"), hence Phlox surviving the intense radiation treatment which defeated Borg nanoprobes in "Regeneration"

17. T'Girl

Orion women also use makeup (green) to even out slight irregularities in their skin pigment. This is why Kirk had green makeup on his uniform in "Whom Gods."

In the future these are roaming cameras and scanners, they're so common that no one notices them anymore. One of them is damaged in "The Ultimate Computer" and crashes to the deck, this is why Wesley is yelling at Kirk while bending over the armrest of his command chair and facing the deck.

In mine ...

Kirk turned over command of the Enterprise to Decker at a outlying starbase, Kirk then traveled to Earth. After a brief standard resupply Decker took the Enterprise out on what was anticipated to be a five year mission.

Upon arriving on Earth Kirk take a weeks leave and then reports to Starfleet Command on the operations staff. Soon after he is promoted to Rear Admiral.

2.5 years before TMP, Kirk is assigned as Chief of Operations. Note; Chief of Operations in Starfleet is not the top position that it is in the US Navy.

1.5 years before TMP, Starfleet begins redesigning the Enterprise. Scotty returns to Earth as one of the engineers assigned.

8 months before TMP, the Enterprise returns to Earth and the "refit" begins.

Decker at this point has been in command of the Enterprise for about four years, while there have been occasional skirmishes in that time, Decker never commanded the ship in full combat and is still considered by some to be "untried."

18. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

Orion Foundation? Maybe she's born with it.™

I was just watching Wolf in the Fold last night and you could see boom mics and shadows of mics and cameras on the walls in a couple of the scenes. Made me grin.

19. WisTrekFan

WisTrekFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I also look upon the Abramsverse as a parallel universe. The Star Trek universe we have seen over the years has not been altered.

20. T'Girl

The universe that Spock and Nero came from was also a parallel/alternate one.

Romulas is live and well and continue to make mischief for our heroes.