What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Currently playing Ni No Kuni and XCOM.

I think these are perfect games to be playing at the same time. Fun kiddy JRPG combat, dark heavy strategy combat.

Ni No Kuni probably has the best world map ever made, and more interesting puzzles than most recent games. The story reminds me of animes like My Neighbor Totoro. It takes way too long for the actual gameplay to start, 45 mins before the first battle, but once it gets started it delivers on promise.

XCOM gets everything right that most grid based strategy RPGs get wrong. Protection battle? You get to control the defenseless civilian instead of having to rely on terrible AI. Reaction shots, suppression fire, highly probability based combat. Injuries that put a soldier out of commission for a few days.

I still want to finish Growlanser IV and Last Story, about 1/2 way through each.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time yesterday. I might start Ni No Kuni next or just wait for Tomb Raider.

3. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finally finished Far Cry 3 today, and I think I may plow through Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt during the next week while waiting for the new Tomb Raider.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ You know, I got the season pass for the Borderlands 2 DLC, but for some reason I have no desire to play it. Ok, I finished Captain's Scarlett's DLC, but that's it.

5. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I got it too. I found Pirate's Booty pretty boring, and the only good thing about Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage was Mr. Torgue himself, who I thought was hilarious. But, all in all, I thought all three DLCs have been boring. The ONLY reason I'm going to play Hammerlock is to get it over with, not because I'm excited to play it. I think Gearbox really screwed us over on these DLCs (it is also my first time purchasing a season pass, so that's a mistake I'll never make again).

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah same here. I got the season pass because I enjoyed most of the DLC for the original Borderlands.

7. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

And I'm another one. The problem is that Captain Scarlett and Hammerlock were actually produced by another studio, something that has just got Gearbox in trouble on another project.

That said, Torgue was a huge improvement, though that was seriously helped by us switching to vault hunter mode so the game constantly levelled to us.

8. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Playing STO and Total War:Shogun 2. Looking forward to March 5 release of the new SimCity.

9. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Playing Mass Effect 2 (part of the ME Trilogy pack) on PS3. I got the pack to play ME1 and to rebuy ME2 and 3 (I love the ME series, but I also trade in games a lot to Gamestop). Since I have no online connection I can't sownload the patch to make PS3's ME2 able to import ME1 games, which sucks (Bioware/EA was so lazy/cheap, they couldn't have updated the actual game on the disc just a little?) but it was worth playing ME1 (even if that game is the weakest of the three gameplaywise, I HATE the Mako). Also, because of how I played 2 and 3, I never got to import 2 into three, so it will be a new experience. Either way, ME2 is still awesome, and ME3 (besides having the worst ending of not just a game but any story I've ever seen, read or played through) was really fun, so I'm enjoying my playthrough.

10. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

I'm currently playing Colonial Marines, and really enjoying it. I don't get the hate, and some of the critisicms seem a bit odd. "Oh, you fight enemies with guns!" Well, that's what the USCM mainly do. "The AI never kills anything!" If they don't, how do I get assists on single player? "Why do the aliens just charge towards you to be shot?" Did you actually see the sentry-gun sequences in Aliens?

Only criticism I really agree with is that the E3 'Gameplay' footage WASN'T actually from the game at all.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Tomb Raider (on PS3) today. I'm now about 3 hours into the game and I'm really enjoying it.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

^Bought that today, but I probably won't be able to start playing it until tomorrow. Looking forward to it, though.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I've been looking forward to it since the first trailer. I actually took a few days off work because of it. :p

14. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

just finished The Walking Dead...I kind of feel trolled

15. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished up the first two Crysis games and I've moved on to the third one.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Nice. I didn't think it was coming out for another fews weeks, but I was at Best Buy the other day and saw an ad for it. I haven't played any of the other Tomb Raider games because I don't like jumping into the middle of a series, so the fact that this is an origin story really interests me.

17. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

While I'm in Scotland visiting friends I'm getting a chance to play XCOM at the friends' who I'm staying at. It's really good. Tempted to get it for myself.

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I've played all the TR games and I've enjoyed all of them. However I'm really loving this new take on the franchise... it's like Uncharted meets TR. ;) I was afraid it was gonna be just another Uncharted clone, but it still feels like a proper TR game. Plus I'm a big fan of Camilla Luddington so the fact that she's playing Lara is just an added bonus. ;)

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Assassins Creed Brotherhood - nice to be back in 1500s Italy...

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^HA!!......talk about a coincidence, just finished Assassin Creed Brotherhood last night, now onto Revelations.

(I like getting the plat on these games but with the inclusion of mutiplayer trophys i am now scuppered for that little extra, have no intrest in that mutiplayer side of most games these days, give me a good single player story anyday)