AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 20, 2012.

?

How do you grade The Avengers?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2012.
  1. A+

46.4%
  2. A

31.8%
  3. A-

9.3%
  4. B+

5.3%
  5. B

3.4%
  6. B-

1.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.2%
  9. C-

0.3%
  10. D+

0.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.3%
  1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I would be very surprised if Whedon wasn't the only director on their shortlist for Avengers 2. :cool:

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yes, I heard that part the first time around. What I didn't catch was that the weapon itself was based on The Destroyer's technology/"main weapon."

Just because it was made after the Destroyer's attack doesn't mean that it was made to operate as one.

As for Fury's Big Week Comic. I picked up #2 and #3 the other day at my LCS for FCBD, and am holding off on reading them until I can get my hands on #1 and #4.

3. Admiral James Kirk

Turtletrekker did mention that the Fury's Big Week comic set up Coulson's Lokiblaster as a stripped down version of the Destroyer's weapon. Marvel published it, so it's as good a canon. ;)

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Saw the movie today and really enjoyed it. Really well done.

Haven't read through this thread so not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but the closest I can come to a nitpick is CA's mask/helmet. It just didn't look right to me. A little to square-ish on top, and the nose should have been covered either more or less. Where they ended the mask right in the middle of the nose just looked strange.

5. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Nah, it's cool. Just check out these images. The mask is always halfway up the nose.

6. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I mentioned it upthread. Actually I thought the whole costume was slightly off in some way although it's his cowl/helmet that stood out most. It does look consistent with the comics, but maybe it needed a little more tweaking.

I much preferred his WW2 costume in his standalone film.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I guess it's just one of those bits that doesn't translate well when seen live.

8. Admiral James Kirk

Matt Salinger's costume in the 1990 Captain America movie was the same way.

[​IMG]

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I think they should just give him a bit more of an Ultimates style. A few more straps and a more sturdy helmet over the top of his cowl.

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Just random tweets about sell out shows during bargain Tuesdays for Avengers.

Having crossed $700m in 13 days and had the 2nd best Monday with $18.8m these tweets just show things aren't slowing down for the film.

Curious how wide spread this will be.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I've heard that The Avengers was tracking to be the biggest film of the year (even above The Dark Knight Rises), but the steady level of business is still impressive. Hopefully it provides Whedon with the opportunity to make more movies. I was rather ambivalent by his efforts here, but he's a talented writer and a decent director that deserves to be working.

12. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A+ my family and I really enjoyed this movie very much.:techman:

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Here is an article from Newsarama that speculates on just how big Avengers box-office totals could get.

Here is an article from Comic Vine arguing as to why Black Widow should get her own movie.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I've already said I'm game for this.

Let's assume that like Hulk, Marvel Studios will be hearing this via various means. What is the best way to ensure that should you place BW and Hulk back into solo movies that they take off?

I'm thinking since it's known that Cap2 will flow out of Avengers that a few good and further character building moments happen. Thus continuing to whet fandom and general audiences appetites for her solo film.

For Hulk, Banner takes Stark up and drops by those top 10 floors of R&D candy.

15. Admiral James Kirk

Black Widow and Hawkeye can be further developed in Captain America 2, which is purported to be about Cap's adventures with S.H.I.E.L.D. That should create more interest for their spinoff films, if any.

16. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Can't find the page now, but there was a story that Cobie Smulders's contract with marvel was for eight films, avengers + seven more.

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

just got back from seeing it myself. while the theater wasn't sold out it was certainly packed. never seen the theater so full on a Tuesday.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just saw it a second time and it was just as amazing the second time around! I expected to be bored at parts, but never! Amazing rewatch value!

19. Admiral James Kirk

The biggest "No shit!" in movie history...

20. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Disney still needs to make even its losses regarding John Carter...