Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Really? What? Too complicated? I'd argue it's not complicated enough! :)

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I would have gone for the rather interesting coincidence that two projects he is involved with the accursed One More Day and Ultimate Spider-Man (TV series) both have enough pointless filler to choke an elephant.

but that works too.

Wait, are you talking about Spectacular Spider-Man or Superior Spider-Man (aka Doc Ock's delusions of grandeur).

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

In a thread on Marvel NOW!, I took SSM to mean Superior Spider-Man. :)

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Supersadomasochism.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

This week I only bought Avengers and Fearless Defenders from Marvel.

I liked Avengers, even though there wasn't really any super-hero action in it. Bobby and Sam partying with the AIM agents was fun.

I'll join the with the crowd that was ready to drop Fearless Defenders before this issue came out. I think that Dani being ble to transform into a Valkrie means that Hela always intended for Dani to be a part of this endeavor. I think that all of that stuff about Hippolyta returning Dani to Hela was just Hippolyta's way of testing Dani's mettle or rattling her cage.

Next week's previews...

Age of Ultron #8
    Avengers: The Enemy Within #1
    Cable and X-Force #8
    FF #7
    Gambit #12
    Iron Man #10
    Nova #4
    Thunderbolts #9
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #23
    Wolverine & The X-Men #29
    X-Factor #256

Another small week for me. Only Age of Ultron and FF.

6. Hartzilla2007

You know I just realized something Otto Octavious has got to be the biggest idiot on the planet, becuase out of all the people who he could switch bodies with he picks Peter Parker aka God's personal butt monkey. I mean seriously has Otto realized just how screwed he is now?

I mean lets think about this for two seconds Otto used to be a feared super villian who has the ability to score with hot chicks and seemingly enough spare cash for secret lairs and giant death machines and leads his own super villian team and pretty much gets to be top dog when ever Osborn isn't around spreading his crazy. Hell even dying wasn't a big thing to him since he came back from the dead.

He has traded this to be a guy who God personally craps on regularly.

I mean he can't keep a girlfriend to save his life for the most part if he does manage that they either get killed, or he sells his relationship to the freaking devil to save his aunt just so when she kicks the bucket of old age (in what like six months) he doesn't have to feel guilty about it (yes that was the actual reason he gave) becuase the guy running his comic company wants him single. He constantly has to fight people who would light him on fire and post it on the Internet and (depending on his public perception) people would gladly watch, and that's just the ones who don't know who he is. The ones that do will gladly ruin his non super hero life as well such as Harry Osborn's scheme to make robot duplicates of his parents which added on top of other bad stuff in his life at the time drove him practically insane. Not to mention that writers and editors don't mind ruining his life if they think it will sell more which mean a future of possible job loss, JJJ turning on him and making him a wanted fugitive, and other horrible things.

Honestly I'm starting to think Parker is in Marvel heaven laughing his ass off at Otto when he isn't busy banging Gwen Stacy, while Otto is totally screwed and hasn't even realized it yet.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ You sure like talking about something you claim to dislike don't ya? ;) Also the points you make are part of the reason why this is so fun. Otto is a supervillain in a superheroes body and living a superheroes life but still operating with a supervillian mentality. He's not adjusting very well. He's fought Spider-Man so long, but really had no idea about the man underneath the mask or the sacrifices and decisions he's had to make over the years. He's in Spider-Man's body, but he's still that crack pot over the top campy scientist and applying that mentality to being Spider-Man. Thus the Spider-Bots, etc.

His goal was to take over his arch-nemesis and finally destroy him. He could have taken over anyone's body theoretically...but he's Peter's first and longest enemy and this is why it tied in with the 50th Anny last year all the way to Amazing Spider-Man #1. Finally after all these years a plan of Otto's finally worked...at least most of it ;)

Also it's more likely that Peter is in limbo since he's most likely coming back in a few months :)

Out of curiosity are you reading any other Marvel books...obviously you don't like Superior Spider-Man.

Next weeks Marvel pulls:

-Avengers: The Enemy Within #1
    -FF#7
    -Nova #4
    -Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #23
    -Wolverine and the X-Men #29

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Peter in limbo just gave me an idea; Doctor Strange is going to discover Peter's soul in the afterlife and bring it back to his body.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The astral plane is not heaven.

I'm not saying that Strange can't go to heaven, of course he can, and return safely, but it's not his Friday not local either.

But if we want to talk about Otto's aura?

It's possible Dr Strange won't even recognize him as Peter/Spider-Man.

10. Hartzilla2007

I think Norman would debate that point and by debate I mean torture him to death for even thinking he was better than him.

Seriously I'm pretty sure Doc Ock lost nemesis privileges when Norman killed Parker's girlfriend and found out who he was, this was further proven when he set up the whole Clone Saga (which was pretty damned evil). Otto's never really steeped up his game enough to qualify.

Meh, that never sticks in comics.

Like someone's who's life doesn't suck.

Not really I'm finding most of their ideas kind of Meh.

Or Otto switches back after Norman finds out what he's done and beats him half to death with a crowbar. Because lets face it Norman will not be a happy camper when and if he finds out.

11. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Whatever Gobby may think - and however Peter may rank them - Otto's arch-nemesis is still Spider-Man.

12. Hartzilla2007

I doubt it matters much to Osborn what Otto thinks, hell in Ultimate Marvel Otto taking half the credit for creating Spider-Man is why Norman killed him because he didn't want to share credit with Otto, not of mention most adaptations where they're paired together Osborn pretty much has no respect for Otto what so ever and pretty much makes him his lackey.

13. Admiral_Young

Also I said Otto's arch-nemesis not Peter's. I'd agree that would probably be Norman. Anyway I'm done arguing. We'll agree to disagree and move on now :)

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Have Green Goblin and Dr Octopus ever interacted in continuity...?

15. Admiral_Young

I can't think of an instance. They did lots of course in Ultimate Spider-Man as Otto worked for Ultimate Norman. I don't think they've interacted much in 616. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they interact with each other, and remember that Norman doesn't remember that Spider-Man is Peter Parker thanks to the spell, so that's another mark against poor Pete! ;) That is even if Gobby is Norman ;)

16. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

So I got myself a marvel unlimited sub - what a piece of shit the app (on both Android and ios) is - you can't just go from one comic to the next, constantly freezes, slow, downloading comics only works randomly - absolute rubbish.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

You'd think they have but my first thought was some incarnation of the Sinister Six but a look at the Wiki page and the various incarnations seems to say no, they haven't.

It seems Osborn was part of the Sinister Twelve only, no 6 membership for him(Hobby was in those), and Doc Ock wasn't around for that.

Anyone know an example where GG&DOck work together or meet?

18. Admiral_Young

^ As I posted earlier I don't think they have or I can't recall any example...other than in the Ultimate Universe where Otto worked for Norman.

19. Admiral_Young

We're getting a Scarlet Spider/Superior Spider-Man crossover in August. This is something that I've been waiting for since "Dying Wish". Yost has had Kaine kind of acknowledge Spider-Man in his book, albeit very briefly. This should be very interesting.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20617/see_spider-man_scarlet_spider_reunite

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it should be especially interesting since Kane killed Otto.