Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure of the board's policy concerning online downloads/torrents or streaming, and didn't want to possibly break any rules (hence the PMing).

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

chris I love amy jo johnson also like the time force pink ranger very hot . big power ranger fan any news of when the new series is soppsed to start . and do you think they will ever release this series in proper dvd or blu ray collections . I am sure there is a demand for it . The only power ranger series that realy sucked in my opinion were power rangers in space and the last series which I can'nt remmber the name .

also dino thunder was a great run .

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's a chart showing all the airings of Power Rangers Samurai for the month -- Nick's definitely pushing the show hard so you should get plenty of chances to see this episode.
    http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/prstuff/prgrid.html

Fortunately I have a much looser code of ethics than Christopher, so I pirated it in glorious HD and watched it today. You're right about this episode being a huge improvement, but I still wouldn't call it good. Most of the problems from the previous five episodes (poor acting, unending puns, terrible dialogue, copy & paste job from Shinkenger, etc.) were still there, but due to a fantastic Shinkenger script they were minimized. Bulk and Spike were used well for the first time and, just like in MMPR, they're fast becoming my favourite parts of the show. I actually laughed out loud at Bulk's wedding comment near the end of the episode -- for the first time ever I was laughing with Samurai instead of laughing at it. I was mildly impressed.

I'll definitely be watching the next episode due to some Shinkenger spoilers that I won't mention, so I hope it turns out well.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I hope they do. I'd like to catch up on the seasons I've missed.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

A collaboration of fans have started up a collection of money to be donated to the Red Cross

At last count, we've collected $5,804

Yeah Kamen Rider and Sentai may not be real and the Gokaiger's won't save people but we are real and we can make a difference.

6. timothy

samurai8472^ that is cool link are you from that arera of japan? I am an american but was born in tokyo I donated some money no shirts my size big guy . very cool links I feel for them . do you know if there going to save the reactor ?

7. timothy

POWER RANGERS SAMURAI :

so It starts this week end or did it start last weekend and i missed the first episode ?

any how got it slaved to my dvr I wont miss any of it .

8. Samurai8472

[LEFT]^Power Ranger Samurai started 6 weeks ago
    [/LEFT]

I'm from America. The community of Power Ranger fans(for if there were no Sentai there would be no Power Rangers) and Sentai fans have gathered up resources to send the Red Cross.

I think the count is more than 5000 dollars

Also this weekend Sentai and kamen Rider resume airing episodes after not airing last week to cover tsunami coverage.

9. timothy

cool sentai rules what season is kamen rider on ?

10. Samurai8472

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I watched the Saturday noon rebroadcast of "There Go the Brides" on DigificWriter's recommendation. And I tend to agree with Kelthaz -- it was a lot more palatable than prior episodes and had a decent story, but the cast still sucks (especially Brittany Anne Pirtle, whose acting is on a school-play level) and the fight banter is still unpleasant and disturbingly bloodthirsty. Also the problem with adapting Shinkenger so exactly is that Japanese attitudes toward gender roles are a couple of decades behind the American curve -- or maybe it's just the Japanese cultural mores that promote quiet endurance of hardship rather than confrontation, but it bugged me that all the kidnapped brides were just passively weeping rather than getting angry about having their weddings ruined. In fact, I was hoping that was where they were going with Mia's staged abduction -- that after she was relieved of her morpher, she'd be thrown in with the other brides and would rally them to stop crying and stand up for themselves.

At least they're moving beyond splattering food on Bulk, but he and Spike didn't really contribute much here. I did like Spike's line after the first abduction, wondering if there was any leftover cake. Although I've just now realized he probably meant wedding cake rather than just being fixated on Bulk's metaphor, so it wasn't quite as silly a comment as I'd thought.

And I guess this "Dekker" guy with the skull face is the inevitable Mysterious Villain Who Turns Out to Be a Brainwashed/Amnesiac Hero and Eventually Becomes the Sixth Ranger. I wonder if there will be anything about this iteration that hasn't already been done several times before.

12. Samurai8472

They've already cast the Gold Samurai/Shinken Gold. He's suppose to be a Jim Carrey rubber face guy.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Wesley_(Samurai)

So he's basically going to be Genta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXnMzlhXBY

Jonathan Tzachor declares Disney seasons are non-canon

From Twitter:

13. Christopher

Oh, so this isn't the Sixth-Ranger-to-be? Well, at least it's not Tommy/Zen-Aku/Koragg all over again. But I'm not happy about the Jim Carrey comparison.

And Tzachor's throwing out everything post-WF? That's a shame. Some of the Disney seasons were disappointing, but they respected what came before and expanded on it fairly well overall. I can understand declaring RPM out of continuity for practical reasons, since it would be hard to reconcile subsequent seasons with it. But tossing them all out just because Saban didn't make them? That's a little extreme.

I mean, it's not like Power Rangers even has a strong continuity anyway. So what's the difference? It seems kind of petty to even try to take them down from the official site.

14. Samurai8472

I can already tell the Legend War footage from Gokaiger will be butchered or it will be all new Saban Approved footage with only 10 teams.

15. timothy

So out of this new series I know I have missed a few episodes . HOW many have I missed pryor to " there go the brides " and where can I go to get caught up on them ? and I thought bulk left earth in LOST GALAXIES ?

16. Christopher

He did, but he was back on Earth without explanation in the tenth anniversary episode "Forever Red" in Wild Force. Like I said, this is not a franchise that has ever had a very tight or unified continuity.

17. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

^Exactly. When the majority of a series is composed of stock footage of another series, then continuity ought to be considered moot. This is a show people watch for fun spandex-on-foam rubber fights, not intricate storytelling.

18. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

I'm a bit late to this conversation, especially since this concerns the first episode. But did I hear correctly? The bad guys are some kind of demon that sustain themselves with a river that flows from tears of fear and sorrow?

Seems a bit darker then most incarnations, although I haven't actively watched in years to be honest. Certainly a step up from finding the villain in a trash can on the moon.

19. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

No, they will use all of it and Saban himself will tell Tzachor to take his personal opinion about canon and shove it.

Honestly, Tzachor's just one guy, why should anyone care what he considers canon and what not? He's in charge of Samurai because Saban gave him the job, he's not in charge of the entire franchise. He's an employee and employees don't get to make decisions like that. He can ignore previous seasons for Samurai, but nothing's removed from canon because a butthurt employee doesn't like that Disney continued to produce PR without him.
    He doesn't care if a season is Saban or Disney, he considers Wild Force canon and that was a Disney season. The difference? He still worked on it.:rolleyes:

20. Samurai8472

Wildforce was still under Saban after ABC Kid's picked it up.

Ninja Storm was when the change over was complete(New Zealand)