AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 20, 2012.

?

How do you grade The Avengers?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2012.
  1. A+

46.4%
  2. A

31.8%
  3. A-

9.3%
  4. B+

5.3%
  5. B

3.4%
  6. B-

1.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.2%
  9. C-

0.3%
  10. D+

0.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.3%
  1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Honestly, the last thing I was doing was listening to the music. I can deal with it not being John-Williamsesque.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The Thanos reveal at the end of Avengers may lead into Guardians of the Galaxy. I can see an appearance Thor or Loki or even Sif and the Warriors Three in a GotG movie. Especially if they pick up on Thanos' in terest in the Tesseract. I'm sure Hemsworth signed a multi-multi-film deal ala Samuel L. Jackson, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Superman is blue and red, has a cape and an S. It seems they got all the important stuff right there too.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

As much as I absolutely love this movie I do have to register my disappointment at one thing. I can only really remember the main theme from the score. After the fantastic job that Alan Silvestri did with Captain America, this one just doesn't measure up.

5. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hope you guys will forgive me for not wanting to wade through 40 pages of messages, but hows the 3D in this one?

I'm not a fan of the process, but if it really adds a lot to the film, I may take the chance and pay the extra $4.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  6. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

The 3D is excellent for post-converted. I found it actually a little too good. Way too overstimulating for me. There's enough to see, adding an extra dimension is almost too much of a fantastic thing. At least for me. I'm pretty hyper though. :D

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

More likely its a reveal that he's the big bad for Avengers II.

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is priceless. The Department of Defense refused to cooperate with the Avengers because S.H.I.E.L.D. works for Homeland Security!

Waaa waaa waaa! :rommie: Bureaucratic infighting over fictional organizations. Our tax dollars at work.

9. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

More like not working... we probably saved money. ;) Anyway, as I read it the DoD didn't like the way SHIELD took orders from an international organization, which would be different from DHS.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Anyone else think Thor's reset-button got hit as far as this movie's events are concerned? Consider that everyone else's character got a bit more developed but with Thor his coming back is pretty much hand-waved with an "Ohhh. Odin spent a lot of money to get you here." (or something.) And then at the end the Tesseract is used to bring Thor and Loki back to Asgard with only lip service played to Jane Foster.

It seems like it was like "Uhhh... We need Thor to come back for the movie, but we also need him back stuck in Asgard at the end in order for the next movie to deal with him getting back to Jane/Jane getting to him."

I mean Captain America emerges as a leader and adapts more to life in the 21st century, Tony Stark grows up a bit more (and risks his life to save NYC), Banner gains yet more control of The Hulk and shows himself more of a hero and even Black Widow gets some development. All of this will translate into their next movies. But Thor? Nope. Reset button. He came to Earth for a few days, helped save the world, then he went back home more-or-less like nothing happened.

11. Admiral James Kirk

Summed it up perfectly. Thor's reset button treatment was the only thing that bothered me about The Avengers.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This movie was fucking awesome. Holy shit. I do wish that Thor had a bigger part, especially since his frickin' brother is the main villain, but other than that I think every character was used the perfect amount of time. I admit I didn't remotely give a shit about Black Widow in "Iron Man 2," but she became one of my favorite characters in this movie.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Honestly, I hope that Jane addresses this in the next Thor movie, and I hope he gets a big slap in the face for not visiting her.

14. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Then he can drop her silly ass and hook up with Sif.

15. Admiral James Kirk

I do hope Jane addresses this with Thor. But slapping him? I think she'd be a little more grateful to him than that. He was a little busy saving the planet and everybody on it, including her... ;)

16. Trekker4747

Oh I gave plenty of shit about Black Widow in Iron Man 2 (mostly for superficial reasons) and in this movie those superficial reasons came back 10 fold but were also compounded by the great use of her here.

I don't see why so many are down on ScarJo and her in this movie I thought she did a good job with everything she was given. She was great in the "interrogation" scene.

17. Admiral James Kirk

I had no problem with her in either Avengers or Iron Man 2.

18. Trekker4747

Same here, (aside from superficial reasons) I really liked her in Iron Man 2. In this movie I thought her best scenes were the interrogation scene, her scene with Loki, scene with Hawkeye and her scene in "recruiting" Banner. I guess, really, all of her key scenes seemed very well done and played by her.

19. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

As long she doesn't hit him with her car again. ;)

20. Admiral James Kirk