38 minutes of the film in Brasil - SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ralph, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

What other kind of charisma would Khan have? ;)

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fascinating. My experience here is that most criticism of these movies is self impressed, pretentious and vapid.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Warning for trolling. Comments to PM.

Warning for trolling in reply, when you ought to have known better and remained silent. Comments to PM.

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I wouldn't be so certain that it's only American fans complaining, but it does seem to be a fact of fandom that—no matter how a thing is done (or not done)—someone will complain about it. That just is, and neither you nor Brazilians as a group should take any of it personally. Besides, the complainers will surely have someone else to find fault with tomorrow.

5. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Sadly, Trek fans in particular like to dwell on the negative about their own favorite shows. Even if you post something positive, someone will immediately post something negative about it. There is no inclination for positive people to support anyone's position on subjects. That's life.

RAMA

6. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's not be too hard on Trek fans, though. Many sports fans are the same way. Just listen to sports radio call-ins. They dwell on the negative, wonder why things can't be better even if the team is winning, or believe they can run the team better than management does. But they're still fans and still watch or go to the games. Go figure.

I'll bet there are even Chicago Blackhawk fans today who are now worried about the team going on a losing streak after the Blackhawks finally played a game without getting a point.

Like you said, that's life.

7. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is why I like TrekBBS very much. :techman:

I´m editor of Trek Brasilis and we are helping Paramount to promote Star Trek Into Darkness in Brasil.
    I´m very happy because Paramount decided to make a stronger marketing than it was made in the first one.
    We will raffle posters, shirts, tickets to attract fans.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I have no issues with other countries getting special privileges to screenings of the movie, I'd like other nations to get more exposure to Trek.

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

10. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really? Huh.

By the way, generally speaking of course, my experience with the extremely fanatical Trekkers (-ors, -ists), is that they, generally speaking, have a remarkably underdeveloped sense of humor.

But that only goes back about 40 years, so it could be off a tick. ;)

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

My apologies. I missed the header about Spock and Harrison. Doh. Sorry about that.

12. Arianna

Arianna Ensign Red Shirt

Killing Pike won't enhance the plot one bit.
    It would be a pointless death just because the writers want some...thing dramatic and sad and to push the hero into action.

So Jim sees his father figure die and wants revenge...sorry justice? Would be a better plot twist to have the old guys save the younger generation who get in too deep? Bet marketing execs and infantile producers aka the kids won't like that!

3somes with Cat women? Well they did steal the poster idea may as well steal the characters too.

13. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

If it's something dramatic and sad that pushed the hero into action, then it wouldn't be pointless.

They might have stolen it from another franchise. Star... Track? Something like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ralph

Something like that but with a sensual-looking.

15. Arianna

Arianna Ensign Red Shirt

It shouldn't have to take the death of any character to motivate Kirk just because he gets one knock-down/demotion, we see him sitting in a bar drunk needing another pep talk at least that is the image shown in the newest trailer. He's not a teenager anymore.

The character Pike is one of my favourites so understandably I don't want him killed:confused:.

It's like the writers saying let's just kill off a secondary character..why? It's more of a bold move to kill one of the main ones but that won't happen.

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Abrams Trek is all about tropes that have to be in movies and it wouldn't surprise me if Abrams and cohorts had a list of tropes and were ticking each one off as they incorporate it into their movies. And a common trope of sequels is to kill off a character from the previous movie that resonates with the audience. I'm sure if they had their way they'd love to kill off one of the principals, problem is Paramount won't allow that, meaning Pike is the only one who can be killed.

17. ralph

About the identity of Harrison, is becoming increasingly clear that he is acting under false identity. In 38 minutes, Admiral Marcus says that Harrison is a Starfleet commander. The security service, somehow, believes that has identified Harrison, what may have been left on purpose by him. Later, in another trailer, Kirk asks Harrison who he is. I think that Kirk discovered something about Harrison that would be in contradiction with it.

18. Anduril

Anduril Nose down. Throttle up. Captain

Harrison is Robert April who found out a way to reverse-age himself.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So it's a remake of the Counter-Clock Incident?

20. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One would think in the 23rd century, there would be facial recognition algorithms that could be run when trying to identify someone.

Pike: "This is the person we saw near the library in London."
    Kirk: "Who is it?"
    Pike: "The best match Picasa ... er... computer gives is Capt Robert April, but 20 years younger than he should now be."
    Kirk: "Huh. Didn't he disappear 20 years ago? Maybe he found some kind of 'fountain of youth.' What was his beef? And where'd his old Enterprise go? Anyway, let's take him out!"

Or even more to the point:

Pike: "This is the person we saw near the library in London. The genetic sniffers identified exhaled DNA as being that of Capt. Robert April, so we don't understand why he'd change his appearance if we had this level of technology to fingerprint people..."