Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool poster. Between that and the slick, sophisticated trailer, I'm really getting the sense that these people know what they're doing.

2. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

Peter's parents have been brought up in the comics a few times:

-One of the earlier annuals finally addressed who they were, and if I remember correctly they were secret agents or something (Perhaps part of SHIELD?)

-In the Ultimate continuity, Peter's father was instrumental in creating the Venom symbiote. If I remember correctly, the Ultimate incarnation of Curt Conners/Lizard was also involved in this; so it looks like there might be what they're aiming for.

-In one of J.M Dematteis's Spectacular Spider-Man storylines, Spider-Man finally confronted the grief about his parent's deaths.

-And then of course, the return of his parents who turned out to be evil robots created by Harry Osborn's Green Goblin.

3. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I remember Red Skull was involved in that annual where they addressed his parents as being Cold War spies.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah. I've said before that I think we could get a combination of the 616 and Ultimate back stories for Peter's parents. The "Untold Story" tag is no doubt a reference to them and other things that the Rami films didn't focus on. I have no problem with it.

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

it's clearly not the movie they made 10 years ago when it's got Lizard in it and Gwen not MJ.

6. Admiral_Young

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Nice. They seem to be going to some lengths to make it clear that this will be different from the Raimiverse and it's interesting how much emphasis seems to be placed on Peter's parents.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The angle of Peter's parents is frankly the only aspect I'm really interested in seeing, Lizard would be second.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I looked through the site earlier today, and the more I see from the movie the better it looks. I can't wait to see more footage.

10. Admiral_Young

I'm seriously psyched and I hear what the detractors are saying or those who think this is just a rehash of the first movie with bits and pieces here and there tossed in. I disagree about that. I think there is going to be more depth and emotional context than the Rami films here. Trust me...I was totally against the notion of this film when it was announced but everything that I keep reading or seeing continues to make me more excited.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

This:
    [​IMG]

Kinda reminds me of this:
    [​IMG]

I've said this before, but I can't help but be reminded of Hulk.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I feel the same way. Also, I was pretty overwhelmed by all of the Raimi movies (yes, even the second one), so I'm really hoping this one turns out to be as good as it's looking so far.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am finding it harder and harder to get excited about superhero movies. I've been disappointed far more often than I've been impressed.

14. Admiral_Young

@Broc that's a variation of a classic Spider-Man pose though...there are going to be similar images just because of the character. Also thanks for posting that from the website I've been wanting to right click save that :)

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

New "Empire" photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed Raimi's ultra colorful, comic booky approach, it'll be nice to finally have some characters and stories that aren't so simplistic and one-dimensional.

17. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I still want to see James Cameron's take on Spiderman.

18. Admiral_Young

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

20. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oi vay, SWAT Lizard. Sounds like a doozy.