Castle: "Nanny McDead" 3/16 - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Mar 16, 2009.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Above average

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  3. Average

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Castle and Beckett work together to solve the murder of a nanny found dead spinning in the dryer of an upscale New York apartment building's laundry room.

2. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All firefly fans need to watch this show!!!

I dl'ed episode 1 and never laughed so hard in my life. looking forward to episode 2!

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I watch for stana katic. There's not a single shot where she isn't drop dead gorgeous. Even if there was a camera shot from the back of head she'd still be hot.

4. Aragorn

Supposedly, this episode is much better than the pilot.

5. Tomato

^

I really enjoyed the pilot :alienblush:

6. Aragorn

Well I have to give the show some credit. At the end when Castle watches the final confrontation... he has nothing to do with the resolution.

On 24, the minute someone believed Jack, I knew the guy was a goner.

7. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Above Average.

I thought this was pretty good. It's promising that this relied less on Fillion being a charming rogue to sell it. Don't get me wrong, he's still doing the heavy lifting but it's good to see the show has a few other tricks up its sleeve.

This is never going to be deep, engrossing TV but it's funny and it's light. The two mysteries have been pretty good too. I'll stick with it.

8. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I watched the pilot last week, didn't care for it, but decided to tune in for a couple more episodes...and then forgot that it was even on last night.

Ah, well...

9. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

abc.com has the current episode online for free.

It was enjoyable. I think I like the daughter - she's not a smart ass, she's not overly precocious; she just seems like a normal kid.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  10. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

I'm definitely enjoying this show--please, please, please don't let it be canceled...I'm terrified because I feel like any new show I like, the minute I get invested in it it gets canned.

Anyway, the show reminds me of Remington Steele or Moonlighting (when it was good)--just a good old fashioned romantic mystery show. Not gritty or filled with hipster irony, just a really fun, watchable hour of tv.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, so far, so good. I'm really enjoying the interplay between Castle and Beckett, and all of the side characters are pretty decent. The mysteries have been pretty good, though I have to admit I had this one figured out before the characters, though the episode still kept me guessing for the majority of it. I also noticed that the ratings stayed in the same range, and actually went up a tick. Hopefully that isn't all because of the Dancing With the Stars overrun.

Looking forward to next week.

12. Tomato

Loved it!!! I wish they could bring the funny more. But at the same time I understand it is procedural.

13. Aragorn

Would they have to change the premise up after a while if the show is a hit? An author doesn't need to be tagging around cops for five years and 100 cases for research.

14. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Sure he could... He's in with the mayor. They said it in the show...

"How long is he going to be following me?"

Captain: "As long as he wants."

:techman:

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Even after he's sent off the manuscript for his new book, he'll probably want to stick around and follow Beckett's cases for inspiration for future books in the series.

16. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

And there will be the great interactions when the she's read the book based on her... :techman:

17. Tomato

One could only wish that would become a problem for the writers. :bolian:

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

really? i find her kinda revolting to look at personally

19. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still enjoying it and hope it gets a full season.

I also like the daughter and am enjoying the mother as well.

The interaction of Castle and the cop is old fashion fun, classy screwball comedy type stuff...if they can keep it up, got potential.

20. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't say anough about this show. It's terrific, which means my cynical side says it will get canned, haha.

I love the flirting between Castle and Stana Kanic's cop character. I hope the show goes deeper into her character to show that she can be emotionally vulnerable too. I think we'd all like to see a softer side, lol.

I have to admit, I thought tonight's episode was your typical crime plot, but it had a good twist.

I also think the number of side characters (the 2 other male detectives, the captain and the medical examiner/criminologist) are a good mix.

But the best is how the show incorporates Castle's daughter and mother in a small way to help him solve each crime.