Trublood Season 6 discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Q2UnME, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one who thinks of Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous whenever Pam is on screen?

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

..another one bites the dust.. Bye Nora...

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I knew she wouldn't last long. Poor Eric was so desperate to save her. Praying to Godric. I was hoping he'd appear....

And Alcide is in trouble now.

4. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All they have to do is keep killing off one useless character per episode and in 2-3 seasons there might be a reasonable cast left.

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well Alcide inexplicably turned back into the nice guy we all used to know. I guess he was being influenced by the pack mentality. It would also appear there is no time limit on being able to walk in the sun after drinking Warlow's blood.

6. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I was glad to see Alcide get his act together. He needs to keep away from the pack.

Eric was pretty sharp, tracking down the Fairy kid and then getting to Warlow. I wonder how he plans to get to Pam and the others in time.

7. Yoda

Why is Alcide even on this show? Seriously... Why? Like... when the writers are "planning" these seasons who the hell pipes in with "man, you know who we really need to keep around, this Alcide guy! This werewolves addicted to that old gay vampire's blood plot has run its course but this guy is just dynamite!" I mean it got to the point where they surrounded him by an entire cast of disposable guest characters just as shitty as him. I'm half expecting a fucking odd couple spinoff with him and Sam at this point.

It's so bizarre to me. I mean it's not quite as bad as the Iraq revenge ghosts and slaveghost babyknapping... but holy shit. I should probably just drop this show, but the summer viewing is pretty thin as it is already.

8. Savage Dragon

Have you even looked at the guy? If nothing else he's eye-candy for the ladies. I'm sure he's got a devoted fan base.

9. Yoda

I thought he was a bit too beefy for his own good. Big and buff? That's like a relic from the 80s man. This guy can't pull off skinny jeans! :lol:

But you probably have a good point. Still, would it kill them to write his stuff in an interesting way? ;)

10. Savage Dragon

Yeah, his story line is pretty weak this year.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If Manganiello ends up winning the Batman role, Alcide probably won't be on the show for much longer.

12. Savage Dragon

It would certainly be a good trade-off.

13. RJDiogenes

He's the best looking guy on the show. I'm surprised he never got to have sex with Sookie. They really don't know how to tie him into the main plot, though.

14. Savage Dragon

Wow. I can't believe Eric ripped that doctor's junk off. Even my wife was cringing at that one.

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a very uneven episode, did not really care for it. Jumping between Terry's funeral (and flashbacks) and the vampire breakout and daylight fun. Also it getting kind of silly to be just keeping Warlow sitting around in the fairy plain. Did anyone like this episode?

16. Savage Dragon

I actually liked that they took the time to remember Terry. It sort of felt like their way of acknowledging what a soldier goes through.

I'm kind of surprised that Jason was the only one who remembered Sarah and none of the vampires did. You'd think she'd be at the top of their list.

17. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, they were high from the fairy blood.

That said, I also found the episode very uneven. I almost gave up on the show last season and I think I'll call it a day after this one. It has pretty much run its course, nearly all characters have done horrible things by now and the storylines have grown somewhat repetitive. Maybe something epic will happen in the finale but if not, I'm out.

18. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

They weren't high from faerie blood, they were high from Lilith's blood, just like last season (though clearly more subdued).

Personally, I've found this season a lot of fun and very interesting. To each their own, I guess.

19. Yoda

You should call it a day. I only hope that when next season rolls around I won't cave because there is so little on TV. I could... go outside or something? :lol:
    The characters really are a bunch of monsters. Pretty much without a shred of the relatability of the plethora of TV anti-heroes around today. They even had to create that preposterous new boyfriend for the redhead to have a 'good' vampire, since the rest should all be serving consecutive life sentences at best.

The Terry scenes ranged from 'completely tedious' all the way up to 'just ok'. But what really didn't work was the cuts in between the two storylines. It felt to me like they shouldn't have been in the same episode with each other, or at least that they should have focused on each storyline for longer periods of time. It was almost like they were trying to do some kind of.... something? But god knows if I can figure out what.

But hey, at least Terry was a great guy! Oh wait... he's a war criminal right? Nvm

Also why is the Patient Zero delivery of True Blood in Hawaii? Seems to make zero logistical sense, but that probably was the least of this episode's problems.

20. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I hear they have this thing called nature nowadays. ;)

I only got lured back into the show this season because Bill turned into a Vampire monster at the end of last season. It sounded like an interesting development, especially after he turned out to be some sort of vampire god in this season's first episode. But I feel they haven't really used the potential of that storyline, either.