What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

For my Orlesian, I know the end quests will be very different to my other playthroughs.

2. crouteru

crouteru Captain Captain

[LEFT]I've been playing Super Metroid and Metroid Prime so I can try and put the awful Other M out of my mind![/LEFT]

3. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've only bought 3 of them so far; Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and The Pitt.

Broken Steel gets an automatic 'A' just for unlocking the end of the game and raising the level cap. It added some cool enemies too, like the Ghoul Reavers, and the Supermutant Overlords. The missions are ok, but I didn't find them overly challenging.
    Am enjoying Point Lookout so far, although I've only done the first mission (helping Desmond defend the mansion), and have been spending most of my time exploring and killing mutant rednecks, which is fun in and of itself.
    Not started The Pitt yet, will probably wait until I've finished Point Lookout first.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I kind of had to play DAA without an import, seeing as my Warden in DAO died. :lol:

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

My original Warden survived DAO; he did the dark ritual with Morrigan and married Anora. But I also did an Orlesian Warden playthrough of Awakening, of course. It was definitely interesting to see the different reactions one would be met with.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got Flight Control HD from the PSN today, so I spent the last couple of hours playing that with my new Move controller.

7. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Finished the campaign. Tried a bit of matchmaking and got creamed like I do most of the time. Fiddled a bit with Forge World then dove into Firefight. I love all the customization options for it. :techman:

8. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Pitt wasn't that good for me, I have to say, just not my kind of thing, it felt a bit claustrophobic at times and a bit messy.
    I really liked Mothership Zeta, though, even if it wasn't very challenging as far as gameplay goes. It was a nice change of pace and location and just generally geekily cool. :techman:

9. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

MZ will be the next one I pick up. I've held off on buying Operation Anchorage, mostly because it (apparently) doesn't add anything to the world, with it being a simulation.

I completed a bit more of PL last night. Did the Tonic mission for Marguerite, which wan't too difficult cause I already had most of the ingerdients. Then I went to the Coastal Grotto, and took part in Plik's safari. That was pretty easy, really. I just placed frag mines all over the place before pressing the signal button, so the first 7 or 8 ghouls didn't even get anywhere near me. Then I used the Lever Rifle and targeted heads in VATS for the rest. The 5% extra damage against ghouls that I got for reading Plik's diary should come in handy, though.

10. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Klingon Academy. Despite its instability, it's one of the better Star Trek games I have played.

11. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A couple of mine made it. One because she (Noble) was entirely too trusting of Morrigan and the other (Bloodmage) because he'd spent too much time gaining power and suspected Alistair wouldn't take the final blow as they weren't anywhere near friends.

For my Orlesian, I think I've already mucked it up as one of the potential recruits wasn't recruited (Unless he pops up again later)

12. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

Got sucked into GTA IV this weekend. The physics are a lot of fun. So far my only gripe is that the sniper zoom is broken on the PC - remapping doesn't work. I've made it through the first 2 mission with sniping without zoom.

Performance wise, it might be CPU bound. I'm running a triple core @ 3.1ghz and the difference between 1600x900 and 1920x1080 is around 2-3fps. But at 1080 the game really chugs at odd points, usually indoors like leaving the apartment where you wouldn't expect it. As soon as I get outside the frame rate picks back up.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Finished the campaign in Reach on Heroic (solo) yesterday, now it's time for solo Legendary. Maybe some FF matchmaking as well, to mix things up. Oh, and playing around with the new Forge features :cool:

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing The Secret of Monkey Island SE today.

15. CaptainStoner

Well, I was playing GTA IV. I decided to patch the game since the sniper rifle is broken. So I patched it from the Rockstar site, and now the game doesn't launch at all.
    No doubt about it, all this screwing around with Windows Live and Rockstar Social Club has messed up an otherwise good title. A patch that breaks the game. WTF.

16. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Just got started on Overlord, having picked it up in the Steam Christmas sales.

The lack of a map is driving me insane, particularly as I only play the game in short stints. Perhaps I've been spoiled by all the hand-holding objective markers over the years, but I find it so frustrating running around in circles.

It's apparently a good game, so I'll give it a bit more of a chance before giving up.

17. CaptainStoner

GTA IV reinstalled fine and kept my progress. Having done some web searching on the title (PC version) it looks like I'm lucky it runs well in version 1.0 - still it's frustrating that the patch breaks the game(on a fresh XP install, sp3, updated drivers, etc.) - but given what a bad port this game was, I'm going to leave well enough alone.

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

After I beat The Secret of Monkey Island I went back to playing Resident Evil 5 with my PS Move.

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Going to start Army of Two: 40th Day with a friend over LIVE, first one was pitiful but the demo and cheap price convinced us to give the sequel a go.

20. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Age of Empires II. Just finished one loooooooooong Deathmatch.