Janeway's Hair

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Adm_Hawthorne, May 6, 2010.

?

What hair style for Janeay did you like?

1. Season 1

3.0%
  2. Season 2

4.0%
  3. Season 3

9.0%
  4. Season 4

4.0%
  5. Season 5

33.0%
  6. Season 6

6.0%
  7. Season 7

20.0%
  8. "Caretaker" before the Wig

6.0%
  9. The Borg Look

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I like them all

7.0%
  11. Other: Let me tell you about it

6.0%
  12. I didn't really care

2.0%
  1. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

Okay, people, it's time to talk about something serious... Kathryn's hair.

Which style did you like best?

A style from Seasons 1 through 7?

[​IMG]

The hair style before the wig in the pilot?
    [​IMG]

The Borg do?
    [​IMG]

The French Twist?
    [​IMG]

Or was there something else you liked?

:techman:

2. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh my a poll that I didn`t do?!

I vote season 1, because that hair made Janeway famous! Although I liked all her styles...

3. Adm_Hawthorne

I thought I'd branch out. :bolian: Besides, we can't let you have all the fun!

I like season 5. The color was good. The cut was becoming, and it didn't feel like there were too many extensions it. For some reason, the other 'dos to me felt like there were too 'volume-ized'.

4. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually I`m watching season 5 at the moment, and I was thinking her hair had way to much Volume and color, it has actually resulted in me turning the color option on the dvd down to soft. Which means you can`t see the outside ship shots clearly. Which means the cool ship fights have to be paused and the color re-adjusted so I can enjoy the cool special effects......

And that is all I have to say about that.....:alienblush:[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  5. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I never liked the giant bun on her head... it always made her look older then she was, not to mention more stuffy-looking.

IMO, there's only two hair styles.... the Bun and her Hair Down.... everything else is just tweaks of the two..... then again, I'm a guy with no real fashion sense in the first place, so what do I know?

Voted Season 5.... the death of the Bun.

6. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

The bun annoyed me. A lot.

Rather than rant, I'll just let Praxius speak for me:

Anyway, I voted for the power pony, although I liked all the dos other than the bun. Well, OK, other than the bun and the :borg:.

7. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I like the Season Five look, the French twist and the long hair with sides pulled back that was her casual look in Seasons 1 & 2.

BTW, Adm_Hawthorne: You left the French twist out of your poll. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not but perhaps akiraprise or I could use our "special mod powers" to edit it for you. I didn't want to make an attempt without your say so though.

8. Galekarens

Galekarens Commander Red Shirt

Actually, I kind of liked the "natural" look before they stuck the wig on her (and they had to reshoot scenes already shot), altho voted for season 5. Supposedly the bun was decided on to add height, when they weren't sure KM wouldn't look too short against the guys. Well, thankfully that thinking went out after a couple seasons; the wig didn't look very natural. (Altho I did get a kick on how KJ could put her hair back up so quickly after it would fall.)

9. Epsilon-9

Epsilon-9 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I take it this was season 5 [​IMG]and its foxy its like like the hair style for Agent Scully and that turns me on.:drool:Yes she is JILF :drool:

10. Luther Sloan

Luther Sloan Captain Captain

Season 5 was my favorite Season of Voyager. It is also now my favorite year for Janeway's hairdo, too.

11. Purdy Bear

Purdy Bear Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

From a personal point of view, its season one, where she had her hair long. Infact many of my online friends in a Long hair forum, are still trying to work out how they did her hair in those first few seasons. (NB the bun on top is called a Gibson)

From a military point of view, a lot of the hair cuts just would not be put up with. She would have had to wear her hair above, and not touching the collar. Season 1 and the first few others got it near to being right, neat, tidy, off the collar up dos, however later on the hair was allowed to grow on and beyond the collar, this would be totally unacceptable. It is one of the only disappointments I have with the series.

PS Was it a wig or extensions attached to her own hair?

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  12. Adm_Hawthorne

I actually didn't. ;) She had so many freakin' hairdo's that I decided to only include the Borg one in the poll because I was curious. :lol: Otherwise, I just assumed everything else is 'other' with an explanation.

But, if you want to put the twist in, I won't stop ya! :devil:

Wig

You know, the unique thing about Star Trek, in general, is that it may be based on the concepts of the current military of the US, but it's not exactly the military.

I mean Jadzia Dax never had her hair in a up do either and neither did Deanna Troi. Number One on the first Enterprise had her down. Come to think about it, Worf's hair was long and was only in a ponytail there in the later seasons of TNG and into DS9.

I wouldn't base my expectations of approved Starfleet wear on the current military.

13. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Season Five

14. AuntKate

AuntKate Commodore Commodore

I liked the short hair in Year of Hell, and I liked the pony tail.

15. Adm_Hawthorne

I always thought the short 'do in "Living Witness" was super sexy. :drool:

16. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Definitely season 5, though I also like the ponytail. I always hated the bun on her head. In addition to looking terrible on its own, it really made Janeway look older than she was.

Someone should do a thread like this for Kira. She had a style per season as well IIRC, plus that thing from the pilot.

17. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

lol A poll like that would be impossible.... Kira had a different hair style almost every episode, especially in seasons 5 and 6.... sure it was all short for the most part, but there always seemed to be something different done to it every episode.... fluffy, curly, flat, up, down, wavy, up and back, down and front... she probably was the most realistic of all the characters, in that like real life, her hair wasn't identical for months or years on end :lol:

18. Frazzled

Frazzled Commander Red Shirt

I like all Janeway's hairdos except the most militant versions of the bun. I voted for Season Seven, Admiral Janeway is in that season too and she looks magnificent! :techman:

19. Adm_Hawthorne

She was quite fetching, wasn't she?

20. Cornholio

Cornholio Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked them all. Janeway always gives me that special feeling.