USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vektor, Mar 21, 2006.

1. CaptainRoop

CaptainRoop Lieutenant Red Shirt

You do know Kaiser that is going to really happen don't you. Barring any major problems or difficulties, we have a physical model slated to happen when Vektor is done with his part of Grandeur in its entirety.

Did you take the model poll?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did not.... :wtf:

is it too late to vote? :(

3. CaptainRoop

No not at all please go to http://www.starshipgrandeur.org/html/grandpoll.html and take the poll and others there if you like. Unless you e-mailed me personally and told me you took the poll we have no way of knowing who did take it. It was set up only to find out how many would be interested in having a model of Grandeur when all was finished. :cool:

4. Kaiser

I took each poll cus i want all the cool swag going to be made in the future!! :) :techman:

5. CaptainRoop

OK great I appreciate that just have to hang in there, it may be awhile. Vektor has a little ways to go yet and some of the other stuff falls under other categories of the Grandeur Project.

I sent you a private message by the way.

6. Kaiser

reply sent :)

7. lonewriter

lonewriter Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

since you like the Grandeur, why not join us, we need all the recruits we can get, right Captain?

8. Kaiser

because i have dont time to waste on a Email by email RP story thing unless its not a Story thing then i might :)

9. CaptainRoop

Nope we do not do any RP or simming at all, don't much care for it that way anyway.

We use to be local with all of us in the same area, but we ended up as a cyber chapter. So we have people from all over. While you do not have to have any special skills to be apart of the ship / crew member, it is nice if you do. Many that have the top skill of 3D Graphic artist and designers are not actual member's but on the Grandeur Project Team.

Just let us know more if you are interested, and if you have any special skills and or talents let us know what they might be. You can send me a private message if you like instead of going back and fourth in the thread here.

10. lonewriter

like the captain said, it is not a rpg, if it were I wouldn't belong either. Check out our website and see for yourself :techman:
    http://www.starshipgrandeur.org/

11. GilmourD

GilmourD Commander Red Shirt

Vektor, I absolutely love your work. A couple of your pieces are in my rotation for desktop background. :drool:

But... Damn... ONLY 2gigs left? LOL My first hard drive was 32 MEGS total. LOL I remember paying $400 for a 320 meg. And I'm not really an old fart, either. LOL I'm only 31.

Then again, I have no idea what the swap files are like for your sort of work... That could quickly fill up with temporary stuff.

I dunno if you're the tech savvy sort, but if not, hit me up and I'll find you some good deals on larger hard drives. :techman:

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Well, when you think of 2gig in relation to the multiple terabyte drives you can buy these days, yeah, he's outta space.

13. Kaiser

BestBuy has them for 130 bucks for a 3TB external :)

14. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

I still have a Seagate ST-412 lying around, 28 years old, 10 Megabytes MFM controlled of course and it still works perfectly..

15. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks guys but I'm not lacking for hard drive space. I've got hundreds of gigs on a secondary rig I use for backup and storage. I just need to wade in and move most of what's sitting on the workstation hard drive over to the secondary. It really needs to be gone through and somewhat organized, though, which is why I haven't tackled it yet. Just haven't had the time to sit down and slog through it.

16. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Small update.

[​IMG]

17. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

You consistently leave me in awe with your attention to detail.

18. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I tend to agree with Ensign Ro. I really enjoy studying your ships. There are lots of little pieces on them that look like they do something interesting. The plating along the spine, for example, looks like it might hinge up. And the entire impulse engine assembly looks like it's designed to be pulled out of the dorsal ... a modular system for easy repairs and refits. I don't know if that's how those pieces are intended to work, but it's fun to look and wonder.

By the way, is that starboard thruster sketched on?

19. lonewriter

looking great.

20. CaptainRoop

Great job indeed!!