strange dream about Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by varek, May 16, 2014.

1. varek

varek Commander Red Shirt

This morning I had a strange dream. I dreamed I was working on a television sequel to Voyager that would end that story arc. There were elevated trains, so it was either Chicago or New York City.
    Apparently it was the 3rd or 4th meeting, and I hadn't said much, just taking things into account. They had a drawing with a new character: he looked like Martin Shortt, but this character had large ears, like a mouse, near his jaw. I asked who he was, and they told me his name, but they didn't have much other info. about him.
    I suggested he be a quiet, but important, character, who worked furiously in Engineering or the Computer Center at midnights--to save the ship and the universe--while others slept peacefully unaware.
    The Executive Producer was really impressed with that idea and kept hugging me. Everyone else there, then, seemed to like the ideas, too. A woman there suggested he--as a night owl--could become friends with "The Doctor," and everyone started building around those ideas.
    At the end of the meeting, a tall man with black hair and a black beard handed me some printed information about the show (which I should have received earlier). Later, I asked one of my coworkers who he was, and he didn't know his name, but he said he was simply called "The Guy."
    After the meeting ended, I was euphorically wandering around, looking for my jacket, when a secretary at the desk between the two (combined) skyscrapers told me I couldn't go in that entrance, because I wasn't authorized. (I didn't tell her that that was where I had already been, for the meeting.) I just thought, "I feel so good, I can buy another jacket, if I want."
    Then my alarm woke me up.
    Strange dream about Voyager, though, eh?

2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Beaming to the Voyager forum...

3. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a baaaad feeling about this.

I'm sure that the tall man with the beard was Mystro (see my Kes story "Strange Dreams" for further details). Obviously he's out to take revenge on the Voyager crew for thwarting his plans to release two traitors from the war against Cardassia. He is capable of manipulating peoples minds, you know.

Beware!

4. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

"The Guy" = Future Guy?

5. Lynx

Or maybe "Family Guy"? ;)

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Duh, it's Guy Gardener.

Last night I had what felt like a 2 hour dream about Kristy McNichol. Part one was a situation comedy with her in it (she is like 12 in this whole dream) and Part two is my battling an epic world boss called Brick in a MMO with a whole bunch of other people on top of a hill with Kristy McNichol at my side.

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Ken Biller was a showrunner during the seventh season, and some photos and videos show him with dark hair and dark beard. Though Brannon Braga fits as well. Don't know if either of those guys are considered tall.

8. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

I'm always happy when I have Star Trek dreams. Though, I'm always in the dream (like I'm a member of Starfleet or I'm just helping Starfleet). I never had a dream where I was helping the studios come up with the next Trek idea. Lol.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

This dream fits so well with your posting history. ;)

The important bits here are that you've been quiet, then you keep getting hugged after you do make a contribution, that you weren't given the info before, that the secretary didn't want to let you enter even though you were at the meeting, and that you were happy to be able to afford another jacket (and that you were kept from looking for it!).

Any chance you subconsciously feel excluded from a group (work or family), and want to be recognized? Fear that your contributions don't move you forward?

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  10. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That describes literally everyone. ;)

11. teacake

Yes but if you dream about it you're bothered by it.

Or something.

12. Melakon

Hmm, tall man with a beard could also be Abraham Lincoln or Fidel Castro.

13. varek

The tall man with the beard was called "the Guy," like the "Go-To Guy," for solving problems, I felt.

And, I probably do feel excluded from a lot of things at work.

But, the strange thing to me was that I saw (and remembered) so many details, with amazing clarity. That makes me wonder if I was seeing someone else's real life experiences, which somehow filtered into my unconscious mind. That is why I related it here, in case any of these things rang a bell with anyone (from Star Trek books or something).

I have only been able to remember 2 or 3 dreams I have ever had. So, I thought this one might be unusual for some reason, other than just being a silly dream.

14. Melakon

Dreams can use anything for source material. One time, after having played GTA IV heavily for a week, I dreamed I was driving a car again. But I've not owned a car since 1996 and don't see well enough to drive anyway.

15. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

Sounds like the S3 episode "Remember"

16. teacake

Wow. That's interesting to me, why do some people remember them a lot and some don't. My dreams are almost exhausting some times, so vivid and almost relentless like enough already I want to sleep!

I think I've always remembered my Trek dreams particularly clearly because I've actually wanted to, I will play them back as I wake up so I remember them.

17. varek

I figured out who "the Guy" in my dream reminded me of: Ed Quinn, 6' 4" tall, from House Of The Dead 2 (2005 movie).

18. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've always wished I could remember my dreams better, because the ones I do remember are usually pretty interesting. Unfortunately, I've never had a Trek-themed dream (that would be awesome). The best one I can remember is the one and only time I ever managed lucid dreaming. As soon as I figured out I was in a dream, I immediately took off into the sky like Superman.

19. Lynx

I have had some dreams with Voyager characters involved but the one I do remember most is one where I, Janeway and Paris did spy on some people who had a meeting where they were discussing how to take control over Earth and help some unknown aliens take over. The point with that dreams was that there were some high 21 century politicians among those who wanted to seize power.

I also had a dream once about being on some strange, desert-like planet with two moons, one of the moons looking as if a peace of it was chopped off. I used that scenario in my Kes story "Strange Dreams". :)