12th Doctor Costume?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Green Lantern, Sep 1, 2013.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I don't care as long as there is a regular hat involved.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

no hats, I think Smith's done that now (I appreciate it isn't a regular hat but still...)

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I actually think the Twelfth Doctor's outfit shouldn't look too different from what Capaldi wore in the reveal show, but with one little subtle item that adds a bit of eccentricity to it (like a particular colored tie or perhaps a bit of piping around the jacket).

4. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see the twelfth Doctor wear something similar to what David Bowie wore in "Fire Walk With Me".
    [​IMG]

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Nope, not enough. I want more. :p

Most Doctors had at least one reoccurring hat and I think that's a tradition that should continue.

6. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Most"? Hmm, that's debatable.

Hartnell had that black cap in the first episode and only a few times wore a panama type hat.

Pertwee briefly donned a black fedora in "Spearhead..." and then nothing.

I don't remember Colin EVER wearing a hat.

McGann, no hat, but his is the 'special case' for most conditions.

Eccleston didn't wear a hat.

Tennant, he wore a a straw hat in one scene in his final story when he visited the Ood's homeworld.

Smith, well, we remember the fez and the stetson mainly because River shot both of them, but he didn't wear them on a regular basis.

Troughton, Tom, Davison and McCoy, were the only ones to wear hats on any kind of regularity.

Sincerely,

Bill

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Hmm, juat had a thought, and whilst it would mean putting Capaldi in a suit, it would be different. How about a Nehru style jacket? Might give him a myasterious air, although it might also make him look a little like a Bond villain...but is that a bad thing?

8. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Troughton didn't really: he wore That Bloody Hat (as it's officially known - yes it is, don't tell me otherwise) in his first three stories but never later; apart from that there's just a woolly bobble hat in Fury from the Deep. Hartnell wore his fur hat or the panama a lot more than that!

9. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

please no suit with question marks!! lol

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Although, it could be neat to have him trying one on in the scene where he's selecting his new outfit.

11. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

And then he would vomit or spontaneously regenerate.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

*Clara helps Twelve with choosing his outfit*

Clara- What about this?

*Question Mark tie*

Twelve- No F@!& way. Okay?

13. C.E. Evans

I actually liked the question marks on the collar that the Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Doctors had, it was kind of a subtle trademark that connected those incarnations of the Doctor, but I could see how it went too far on the Seventh Doctor's pullover and as his umbrella handle.

I wouldn't mind seeing the question mark symbol return for the Twelfth Doctor, but perhaps only on a ring or as cufflinks, something not too obvious.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Sorry did somone just use the words Sixth and subtlein the same sentence? :lol:

(I didn't mind the ?s, though I don't think they're really neccesary.)

15. C.E. Evans

Yes, because it was addressing a small detail that connected him visually with two earlier Doctors.
    :p

16. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Frankly, I think it would be nice to get away from the Doctor having a real trademark look. What if the 12th Doctor just kinda wore stuff that didn't really draw attention to itself.

Although, I do think that the 12th Doctor should have a strong aversion to ties. "Ties are pointless." (In fact, I'm having this vision in my head of the Doctor ripping off the bow tie in disgust. Then, he comes to realize that the rest of his wardrobe is superfluous as well. By the time he's done, he's stripped down completely naked and Clara is struggling to think of a polite way to remind him that "People like clothes on other people... Just, generally that's kind of a thing...")

He also donned a top hat a few times: "The Big Bang," "Let's Kill Hitler," "The Snowmen." It may not have been a regular thing but it looked really good on him.

17. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When 12 tries on his outfit, they should do it a bit like T Baker and Sylvester's try ons and have multiple outfits before finally deciding on an outfit. or maybe it would be fun if Capaldi picks an awful outfit for the first episode, then at the end of it after his head clears up from his regeneration realises it's so bad and puts on a more normal, regular outfit to wear through out the rest of his tenure. I'm thinking that for the first episode he should wear a white or pale cream suit with red question marks going down it (like Sylvester's jumper but just the Q marks), an white shirt, and matching tie. But after that he dons a normal outfit the rest of his tenure. Would be a bit of fun.

But what doesn't really make sense to me is that the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th doctors all had question marks at some point, but what puzzles me is that he wears Q marks in a straight line of regenerations, then after 7, he never has a question mark anywhere near him again. Maybe it could have been a mid life crisis, but overall it doesn't make sense. Yeah, I know in real life why they topped wearing them (because they dated so quickly), but continuity wise, it makes no sense. Maybe some question mark cuff links could be cool.

18. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You also forget that DURING the Seventh Doctor's lifespan he abandoned the question marks. There's none to be found in The Enemy Within.

19. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I have suggested elsewhere a similar idea. But I'd say have him adopt various pieces of his final outfit as he goes through the first season (or at least the first few episodes). Picking up a tie here, some shoes there, a jacket on this outing and a scarf on that one until finally having a bit moment at the climax of the season finale where he puts on a hat or a pin or whatever and says "yes, that will do."

It only works if his outfit is suitably patchwork though.

20. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I didn't just didn't mention it. But does anyone find it's weird that at the end of T Bakers era, he suddenly randomly adopts question marks, wears them through out his 5th and 6th life, than wears them for a god chunk of his 7th incarnation before randomly scrapping them, and ever since he has never so much are looked at a question mark?
    Would be funny, but no, I'd like to have the definitive outfit by the end of the first episode or beginning of the second episode. But for Capaldis first episode, I'd like to have him running round either in Smiths remains of an outfit or run around in this god awful outfit he will scrap at the end of the episode. It would be a nice mock to past incarnations immediately thinking about clothes as soon as he regenerates.