The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    the third trailer wasn't as good as the second. But the movie still looks awesome. Bane really looks like he's going to be one bad-ass villain, a true challenge for Batman.

2. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"You've given them everything!"

"No I haven't...not yet."

That exchange alone defines Batman to me. The single-minded drive to do good at any, and every, cost. Very excited. :techman:

And is it just me, or does Batman seem awfully small compared to the hulking Bane? They did an excellent job making Hardy seem indestructible.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That exchange leads me to believe that Batman is going to die.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Maybe. But that was clearly included in the trailer because it's so vague it can be interpreted to mean anything.

It could be more honesty about who he is. Whatever it means, whatever he is willing to give, does not mean it will actually happen.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Oh, sure. I'm not one to jump to conclusions. Trailers can often be intentionally misleading. For all we know that was an exchange about Bruce's new child friends Timmy and Jane.

"You've given them everything!"

"No, I haven't...not yet. They still need a Wii!"

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I had the same feeling, Caine is already in it, using three of the other main actors in it is a bit overkill IMO

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I don't know what's overkill about it, especially if he thinks they're the best actors for the roles.

8. Sagart

Sagart Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is this the final trailer? Perhaps Nolan thinks, with such an established fan base from the 2nd movie, he doesn't need to blow our socks off with a trailer, play it down and save all the good stuff for the movie itself. I trust the finished product will be great but this is a disappointing trailer.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

^I'm finding the mixed responses to this trailer fascinating. This is the first thing I've seen of the movie that has actually gotten me excited. Everything before this has left me feeling very "meh."

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here, but then I never found ANY of the trailers for Nolan's Batman movies to be terribly exciting. Visually his take on the character and his world just does nothing for me.

It's really only his incredibly strong direction and storytelling that makes the movies work as well as they do. At least for me.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I've not found Nolan's Batman to be thrilling. Engaging yes but exciting and thrilling, not necessarily.
    For instance I own TDK but don't rewatch it like I do Iron Man, Thor or to go elsewhere Rambo 4 or Expendables. I'm not sure I rewatched TDK at all in 2011 now that I think about it.

12. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love this third trailer. How it opened with a foreboding calm before slowly building into a storm. The trailer also increases my curiosity about Joseph Gordon Levitt's cop character and the role he plays in the story.

13. Xavier_Storma

Xavier_Storma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Holy... That was awesome.

Poor AVENGERS, they will be completely forgotten once this one hits theaters...

Now the question is, which film will be the event movie of the year?
    - Nolan's Batman finale
    - or Scott's Alien prequel
    Cannot wait.

14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

By the time July hits, Avengers will probably be 4th or 5th down on the box office.

So the hype will have died down by then.

15. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

The trailer looks good, I just can't figure what the heck the movie is about.

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Maybe, maybe not. While the trailer is impressive, and I'm definitely going to see the film. Nolan's Batman films have never hit me in a way that Marvel's superhero films have. Nor does this trailer give me the same feelings that The Avengers trailers do.

17. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Great trailer but they should've cut the end scene with Batman saying, "This isn't a car" as it's too cutesy for everything that's come before it.

18. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Me too - the focus on him in the trailer is surprising...

19. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

What has me stoked about this film? The fact the previous two were GOOD. Even if I didn't see any trailers I'd still be eager to see this because I so enjoyed the previous films.

The trailer serves its purpose: to offer an intriguing glimpse of what's coming without really giving anything away. Works for me, but as I said I've already been interested since the last movie.

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Increasing I have thought that trailers give too much away. Almost that they are an actual project. With the films tailored to what can be in the trailers. Closest comparison I can think of is a short film or music video. But that is not the point. Its supposed to be an ad for the actual work.

This does what a trailer is meant to do. The problem with the other approach is it often backfires. A few isolated great moments that spoil the film. Or misleading because a few great moments doesn't mean an overall strong narrative