Would you rather?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by IzzyAtWarp9, Jul 30, 2013.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

If I'm on a planet and a photon torpedo hits me directly, I'm a goner. If I'm on a ship that's going to crash, I think I have slightly better odds of getting out alive, depending in the circumstances. I'll take the ship.

If you were trapped alone in a drifting shuttlepod, waiting to be rescued, would you rather pin your hopes of rescue on Riker, Chakotay or Trip?

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Trip. I think he tries the hardest when it comes to saving someone who isn't senior staff. Though if I were senior staff, I'd pick Riker.

Would you rather, as a Q, "trial" Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer, or Kirk in an task of your choosing?

3. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

To the best of my knowledge, Archer's the only one in the list not "tested" by a Q (if you count Trelane, with Kirk). So--let's try out the new.

Would you rather work with Sisko on his solar-sail ship, or Tom Paris on the Delta Flyer?

4. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

With Paris. Zooming around in the Delta Flyer sounds fun.

After being released by the Borg you gain control of a cube's distribution node. Would you rather free all the aliens on the cube or make them your hive?

5. auntiehill

Free them. Being part of a collective sounds awful.

If you had to live permanently on the base/vehicle of one show, would you rather live out your years on the TNG Enterprise, the DS9 station, or the Abramsverse Enterprise?

6. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

I would choose DS9, but it was just too damned risky and tense there. The Cardassians, The Klingon attack, the Dominion threatening to come through it at any moment...

I don't know enough about the Abram's universe yet to make a solid opinion.

The Enterprise, because it was made for comfort, and relatively quiet, but just enough adventure to be cool.

If you could see a Trek character get slobbering, obnoxious, clothes-throwing-off drunk at a party, would you rather see it be-

Captain Janeway
    Dr. Crusher
    T'Pol
    Worf
    Lt.Uhura
    Spock

7. TheGoodStuff

TheGoodStuff Captain Captain

I'll say T'pol, I cant help but feel she would be hilarious once her TRUE feelings were laid out.

"Yo Trip, you are fuh-iiiine baybeh....Jonny, stop looking at my ass on the bridge when I scan for lifesigns....wooo!" *collapses*

At university, you have to sit through a weekly, 3-hour lecture for the entire semester but you get to pick what it is....

1. Data: Fascinating Nebulae - Their composition.
    2. Janeway: Ethics & Morality
    3. Troi: Empathizing with others.
    4. T'pol: Drug Addiction
    5. Keiko: Botany
    6. Chakoty: Native Belief Systems.

Which do you choose?

8. blueshirt

blueshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Data and the nebulae. I'd listen to lectures on nebulae anyway.

For a 12-hour day of filming, would you rather wear 24th-century Klingon, Ferengi, Cardassian, or Jem'Hadar makeup? Assume you have a small part with a few lines but the script requires you to be on set most of the day.

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

A Klingon, just to be a Klingon. Though, acting-wise, I'd make a crappy Klingon.

Would you rather be a main character for an episode of any series where you die at the end or have a non-speaking role for 5 random episodes?

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just being me, I'd like the 5 episodes better just so I can be around the show more longer. And who knows, I could turn into Morn or Ayala or something. If I was a professional actor padding a resume the answer might be different.

Would you rather write a Trek episode script or direct someone else's story?

11. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'd find more enjoyment writing.

Would you rather spend the rest of your life looking like a Klingon, a Ferengi, a Cardassian, a Hirogen, or a Jem'Hadar?

12. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

A Cardassian, the neck ridges are cool.

Would you rather be in the "Parallels" alternate universe where the Borg assimilated Earth or the "Yesterday's Enterprise" alternate universe where the UFP and Klingons are at war?

13. blueshirt

blueshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll take "Parallels" and the Borg. I can't respect a universe where the Klingons are defeating the Federation. I expect I wouldn't last long in either universe, anyway.

Would you rather see an episode where your favorite starship explores the Pleiades, the Crab Nebula, or the Vela Pulsar (with plenty of visual effects, of course)?

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

The Crab Nebula in HD sounds fascinating.

Would you rather be stuck in the Badlands, the Expanse, or Borg space for an hour?

15. auntiehill

Probably the Expanse, especially since it ceased to be so dangerous at the end.

If you had to be the full-time personal servant for one of the Captains, would you rather in be TOS Kirk, Picard or Janeway?

16. Saito S

Saito S Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Picard. It's safe to assume that all three would treat me well, so I'll go with the one whom I find the most interesting as a person (and who has the coolest ships of the three :D)

Which black ops agency would you rather work for: Section 31, the Tal Shiar, or the Obsidian Order? (I guess there's also "Klingon Intelligence", but we never heard much about them, except for the time three of their operatives were exposed and thrown in the brig by Odo...)

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Section 31 as a human. I feel the others would brainwash me. If I was the same species as my choice, then the Tal Shiar. I think they know more than the other two.

Would you rather be sent to the Star Wars galaxy with Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, or Archer with their ship and crew?

18. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

That's a good one. It depends on what the objective would be...to experience adventure, or to get out alive?
    I'll boil it down to Kirk, Sisko and Picard for this one...

Kirk would fit right into a place like that. He's got someone who can do a mind meld. He's a risk taker so he'll pull any stop to get his crew out of there.

Picard and his team tend to work together more than the other crews. I don't know how they would deal with concepts like the force. But this crew is so smart they can solve almost anything.

Sisko is a lot like Kirk, and he has a shape shifter on his team. Plus he has the Defiant.

Kirk by a slim margin...he's most likely to get his crew out of there the fastest.

If you had to remove certain things from Trek canon and film library so that those events never happened, would you rather take out...

The 3rd and 4th seasons of The Next Generation
    The Dominion and the entire Dominion War arc from DS9
    The 2nd and 3rd seasons of TOS leaving only the first season

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  19. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2nd and 3rd seasons of TOS. I like TNG and DS9 better.

Would you rather explain to Picard how you got the Enterprise destroyed in a few hours, or explain to Starfleet how you got Kirk killed?

20. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Explaining to Picard. Geordi and Troi did it!

Would you rather, in the Star Wars universe, deal with the Borg, the Dominion, or Species 8472?