What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 yesterday.

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I've been trying to get the Dastardly Achievement in Red Dead Redemption, and there's never a bloody train running anywhere on the map...

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Been playing Infamous again the last few days. I need another game like it to come out. It's so much fun!

4. CAPTAINMAX

CAPTAINMAX Lieutenant Red Shirt

I`m playing on persona 4 on the ps2 awsome game.

5. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're in luck! They actually released InFamous 2 last year :p

6. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

Picked up SSX today.

Racing games generally aren't my thing unless they're really over the top or include turtle shells and mushrooms, and SSX certainly qualifies as over the top.

I've only logged about an hour tonight, and so far it's quite tricky. It's going to take a while to get use to the physics and reclaim the glory from my PS2 days.

Not sure how I feel about the multiplayer, or if I even understand it yet.

7. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SInce I haven't finished Skyrim and ME3 is a week away I thought I needed to start SWTOR today. The only other MMO I've played is STO and I've found TOR far more enjoyable so far. Having talky people really does make a difference and I listen/read what they say whereas in STO it took me a minute before I skipped all dialogue.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, and it sucks.

9. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Just finished a second playthrough of Mass Effect 2 in preparation for ME3 (played one as male Shepard, one as female). Now I'm working on Duke Nukem Forever but I'm about to abandon that one as being too difficult. Not that I don't want a challenge, but I consider myself a very experienced gamer and when a game, even on easy difficulty, is so tough I'm being killed every 2 minutes (most monsters are of the 1 or 2-hit kill variety and the weapons are weak) and having to wait for the game to reload each time, it just stops being enjoyable.

I may or may not buy ME3 next week (might wait for the DLC-included edition to come out later like they did for ME2 since my PS3 is not hooked up to the Internet), but I have several games in the queue: Assassin's Creed I, Grand Theft Auto IV (and its Episodes spin-offs) and Command and Conquer 3 Red Alert.

I'm looking forward to ME3 but the games I'm really interested in have no North American release date yet: Doctor Who The Eternity Clock and the reimagined Tomb Raider.

Alex

10. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space. Created by Digital Eel, sold by Shrapnel Games. Great little gem that takes Strange Adventures in Infinite Space and just adds more to it and pimps out the graphics. Great little game playing an independent spacer looking to poke around, make a buck and see interesting things. And shoot some of them.

Highly recommended as a little game to give you a five-ten minute game fix.

11. Magellan

Magellan Commander Red Shirt

That sucks. Must be a PC issue. I remember them syncing fine on the Xbox. I really enjoyed that game. Glad to see it getting some more interest lately

Currently playing:
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance- PSP - Trying to beat it on hard. Kind of a nice dumb evolution of the beat em up

Technically playing but probably wont finish due to boredom:

LA Noire -xbox 360 - This game really lost steam after I stopped solving murders. Also did the conversation trees become more non sensical?

Half Life - PC - Yeah the original. I guess some things get better with sequels.....

12. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I pulled out my copies of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Star Trek: Shattered Universe for the Xbox.

13. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Right now I'm in one of my moods for Civilization III. Last week I played a game as the English and, thanks to early wars, had an abundance of luxuries to sell. I also found out where Captain Picard is from:

[​IMG]

Eventually the Vikings (lavender) and Indians (purple) declared war on another, and it turned into a global conflict -- with the notable exception of the English, who continued selling luxuries. I even took advantage of a razed city to obtain my own source of ivory. The French stayed out for a while. They turned out to be my late-game rivals (I'd expected India to prevail), but their only allies were the Spanish so I won diplo thanks to my frequent trading. The Germans were irritated about my having reduced them to a single city-state, though.

14. stonester1

Is Civ 3 the best version of the game?

15. Magellan

Magellan Commander Red Shirt

Debatable. Do you mean the newest?

Really I feel like Civ always takes two steps forward and one backward. Some times I still like to bust out Civ II cuz it just has a light hearted "fun" aspect to it I cant explain. I am digging Civ 5 but sometimes I misss the stack o' doom.

16. stonester1

No, I know it isn't the newest. There's been at least two iterations after. I'm looking to pick up one. Just one. And am looking for the "best". Opinions, please.

Based on what reviews I've read so far, Civ3 seems to have the most love directed at it.

I do know that further iterations of some games result in diminishing returns. One of my all time favs, for example, is Heroes of Might and Magic. The first game was great. The second is a classic. But after that, only 3 is worth following at all.

Jagged Alliance, great. The new version? Teh suk.

17. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

The community at Civilization Fanatics seems to prefer Civilization IV over Civ3 and Civ5. I for one would LIKE to like it, but despite all the interesting elements I just can't get into it. I haven't tried Civ5 five yet, but its relative simplicity (compared to Civ4) is appealing.

18. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

MASS EFFECT 3!!!!!

19. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That'll be my next game to play. Just counting down the days.

20. stonester1

Me, too. I partially filled the gap with a first time run through of another Bioware rpg, Jade Empire. Fun eastern flavored fantasy adventure, with some steampunk elements as well, with a Chinese flavor.

Favorite fighting styles? That Tiger Claw thing, Mirabelle (that blunderbuss I took off that mouthy Conquistadore played by John Cleese. Nothing like having some martial arts expert running at you and you introduce him to 4th degree GUN), and Jade Golem (you transform into a giant magical robot and squash dudes).