What do you do when you're really cross?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by K'Ehleyr, Jul 15, 2009.

1. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr Commodore Commodore

I very rarely lose my temper ~ I'm British, it's just not done.

But sometimes people really piss me off and I would love to be able to say what I really mean.

Tonight;

Early dinner with man at pub as he is staying at his place this week because of jury service and handy train station. No problem ~ good arrangement but when we were leaving at barely 9pm I knew he was heading to his local pub and didn't invite me.:klingon:

Came back to phone call from Mum who I realise I do have an issue with ~ I'm 43 for fucks sake why can't I sit her down and say 'well I think I'd feel more kindly towards you if you hadn't have given me away at birth and then lied to me'.

I really admire the people on this board who can speak their mind, but I am scared to lose my temper.

So I'm at home with a bottle of red, one of many M'lites and very loud Moto GP on tv.

How do you deal with anger ~ frustration? What works for you?

2. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I usually punch my leg, swear or throw something.

Makes me feel way better.

3. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just supress it, then when someone pushes me too far, I release all of it out on them and beat the shit out of them to the best of my ability.

4. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I confront it head on. I try not to lash out at the exact time I am at my most upset... I give myself however long I need to gather my thoughts, then I express myself to whomever it concerns. I strongly believe in striking while the iron is hot, if it is a big enough issue. Otherwise the moment is gone, and then resentment sets in. I get it out of my system, then leave it behind.

If this means the occasional non essential ornament gets smashed, so be it! :p :lol:

5. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think I get cross. I certainly can't remember the last time I did.

No, wait, I do. It was immediately after watching Nemesis.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. K'Ehleyr

I don't want to punch my leg ~ it would hurt me and therefore defeat the object. And if I threw something I'd only have to clear it up in the morning :(

But suppressing is bad ~ it does build up and you end up taking it all out on a check out chap...

Damn it ~ I'm going to do press-ups...

7. Geckothan

I've tried taking it out on stress toys, but I end up breaking them quickly :vulcan:

8. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't normally loose my temper. I tend to stay calm, cool and collected about most things. Most things don't even blip on my radar. But when I do finally get fired up I can guarantee there will be screaming and breakage. For example, the night I found out the boyfriend had been cheating, I slung a chair across the room and buried two of the legs up in a wall. (They both punched through to the other side! :eek:) We also lost two lamps and a vase. The next morning I woke up without a voice because I had screamed at him so much.

But to be honest my angry episodes are usually limited to moments involving someone else. If I catch you hurting a child or someone who can't defend themselves, I will kick your ass. I won't stop to ask questions either.

9. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

:guffaw: yeah, me too. I most of the time keep my feelings well hidden but if I feel the urge to throw something I try to go out and exercise for half an hour, swearing all the way. It actually helps believe it or not. I also tried counting to ten when I get pissed off but that just makes me madder cause I start to forget the next number. :lol:

10. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm almost never angry. The last time I was happened in late 2004 when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I had extras so it was a very complicated procedure. I remember being very very angry that I was to spend winter vacation that year with a practically unusable mouth and to make myself feel better I kicked the living hell out of the back of my desk chair. I don't really know why, but I blame it on the drugs I was given for the operation. The marks are still there, though you have to look hard now to see them.

Still, I doubt I'd do that again, even if someone really ticked me off. Like I said, I blame the drugs.

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, it's just not cricket. A nice cup of tea and a sit down is all that's needed.

12. TheWifeOfBrian

TheWifeOfBrian Lieutenant Commander

I take it out on people around me. My friends know it's just a passing storm.

Everyone else is scared shitless of me as in "OMG WHEN IS SHE GOING TO GO OFF AGAIN?!"

13. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I do get angry sometimes. You wouldn't think it possible due to my intrinsically placid nature. :angel:

I find talking about it to help a lot, and it certainly has helped recently.

Once I get over that, music, gaming, watching enjoyable films, and being here online helps me get back to normal. :bolian:

14. K'Ehleyr

I hate the fact that I'm not confrontational. I tend to think how the situation applies to the other person rather than to me. Whilst I'm typing this I realise just how much of of fucking woose I am. Ok, time for the worm to turn...

Does a boyfriend count as a stress toy?

:guffaw:

15. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

I smash my head into a wall ><

16. Geckothan

:eek:

17. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

I get quiet and withdrawn usually...I prefer not to respond to the Provoker of my Irritation and Anger. Once I tried to throw a glass vase against the wall but it didn't break...quiet & withdrawn works better for me.

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I eat.

It's a vice.

19. K'Ehleyr

I totally kid. Apart from the fact he is in his house tonight and not available ~ it's my problem that I can't express my annoyance. AND it's 12 O'clock and he hasn't phoned me - nor has my child and his friend returned. The Anger is building...

20. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

Vengeance is a dish best served cold.