Which of these guest-characters should Janeway have been with?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Captain Kathryn, May 21, 2013.

?

Which non-main character would you like to see Janeway stay with?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2013.
  1. Kashyk

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Mark Johnson

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Q

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Michael Sullivan

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Jaffen

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I'm just curious as to which non-main characters (this excludes Chakotay, Tom, Seven, or anyone else on the opening credits) you think Janeway should have continued to be romantically involved with for more than an episode or two? If you HAD to choose.

Just wondering which guest star people think she fits best with.

1. Kashyk
    2. Mark Johnson
    3. Q (ok, she was never involved with him, but he did proposition her to mate and did occasionally appear in her tub)
    4. Michael Sullivan
    5. Jaffen

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Absolutely Michael Sullivan. He's just what the captain ordered!

I'm about to go into the movies to see Star Trek, lookinf fwd to seeing what people pick in this thread!

Wait.. can I pick NuKirk??

3. Captain Kathryn

Hahahaha. He's cute.

Have fun at the movie!!!! I enjoyed it, saw it a couple days ago.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Her chemistry with the Gestapo agent was the most natural! :p

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But if she would have taken Jaffen's deal, Seska wouldn't have gotten uppity and the Kazon would have left Voyager alone for the first two years. All they wanted was a couple replicators, maybe a torpedo or two and some blow jobs.

OH!

Jaffen, not Jabin.

I thought that sounded odd.

6. Captain Kathryn

I picked Kashyk even though I'm aware he turned out (at least what they display on the show) to be untrustworthy. However he makes sure that Voyager is allowed safe passage and ultimately seemed to care for her.

Nevertheless, the two of them had good banter and chemistry...plus she finally got her first hot, non-holographic kiss since she'd been in the Delta Quadrant. That kiss had passion!

Jaffen was sweet too, but I don't think their chemistry was as real as the one with Kashyk.

I agree with Teacake that Michael Sullivan was quite literally Janeway's dreamboy...but I just can't get over the fact that he's a hologram...originally designed by Tom Paris nonetheless. Although I have no qualms with the Seven/Doctor pairing for some reason. I just can't see Janeway ultimately sharing a life with the Fair Haven Irishman hologram. That's not to say I think Janeway didn't thoroughly enjoy his company while they were together.... :lol: We know she did!

I'm going to skip over my assessment of Mark for the time being. I haven't read the Jeri Taylor book yet (though I've downloaded it and will read it soon) that I believe goes more into her pre-VOY relationships.

I think her and Q had awesome chemistry and I like their relationship. His antics were just too much for her though and he resides on an entirely different plane of existence which would be problematic. But their banter is still priceless I think.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  7. Captain Kathryn

:lol:

8. teacake

I wasn't answering for "ultimately sharing a life" but rather for having some satisfying sex and picnics and still being able walk out the door and say "computer, end program".

It would have been quite radical for them to just have him there in the background as Janeway's holo-lover!

Tuvok: Mr Neelix, do you know where the Captain is?

Neelix: Oh well ummm you see ummm she's...

Tuvok: I take it she is spending her off duty time in the holodeck.

9. Guy Gardener

I think the word "and" inbetween "sex" and "picnic" is unnecessary.

10. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

Between Fair Haven and Threshold, I think it's quite obvious that Janeway is subconsciously attracted to Tom Paris. ;)

11. Guy Gardener

Subconscious?

There was a press release from the TPTB during preproduction promising an epic love story between Paris and Janeway.

12. teacake

That would have been revolting.

I only like them as a couple when they are salamanders.

13. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

All of them. It's Starfleet Order #753: "Captains must sleep with all and every guest star of the show".

14. Guy Gardener

The statement was probably put forward, they called Tom Paris their "leading Man", before casting was complete, which left them with more of a manchild for Tom Paris than they had been expecting, as well as an actress unwilling to submit her character to sensational sexualism, or sexual sensationalism.

If Boujold hadn't already quit, maybe this would have been a dealbreaker for Berman and Taylor?

An actor acting like she's a producer?

Kate's head should have rolled.

15. teacake

I'm sure Bujold and Paris would have been HOT. Everyone would have loved it.

16. Guy Gardener

Or she ran because they threatened to have that child paw her nooks and crannies.

I look at 20-somethings sometimes and just feel compelled to ask if they'd feel more secure if I held their hand while they crossed the street.

17. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could see Harry Kim and Bujold together with all the maternal issues he has. He'd want to get back into mother's womb! ;)

18. teacake

If he tries to crawl back up into Janeway's womb I will kick his face in.

19. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Wrong on soooo many levels ;)

20. Captain Kathryn

Well by the end of Spirit Folk, it kind of was that way?!?! Everyone knew what the captain and the hologram were up to romantically by that time...Chakotay, the Doctor, B'Elanna. Of course they couldn't just keep him on the show as her holo-lover though. :lol:

But yeah I always assumed in my mind that Kathryn visited the holodeck many times after Spirit Folk to spend time with Michael Sullivan....because they didn't really end their relationship in Spirit Folk. At least not officially. They just never had him in another episode. But she never said "we're done" or "I'm not coming back here". Not at all... ;)