AMC's The Killing renewed for season 4

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Going on the other thread about The Killing being cancelled, I know a lot of people aren't fans of how the show turned out. I enjoyed it till the end though, and this renewal (albeit in an abreviated season) just makes me so happy.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

This show has more lives than Babylon 5!

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't stand the horrible writing, pasing and pretty much everything. However I don't know why it was canceled after season 3. Netflix was paying them, their ratings were decent.

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The Killing: the show that wouldn't die.

6. bigdaddy

The Killing Season 5, trying to figure out who keeps killing the show. It ends before we get an answer to who the one killing it is.

7. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Eat your hearts out haters. :lol:

It has consistently been a great show and I am really excited about the Netflix deal. They'll really be able to stretch out with no commercials and more freedom with language and content. So looking forward to this.

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

:bolian:

On one hand though, Arrested Development didn't really take any liberties with language when season 4 debuted on Netflix only, so I'm curious if the content will change all that much for The Killing. Even on AMC it was pretty violent and had plenty of language.

I am looking forward to longer episodes though. People are worried that six episodes is not that much, but that all depends on how long they actually are.

9. bigdaddy

I hate the show, but even I think the show shouldn't have been canceled after the third season. Netflix was paying for the show, probably more than AMC. Seemed weird to me.

I have never wished a show's death unless it's taking up a time slot for a bubble show I like, or was 7th Heaven. :lol:

10. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Hey man 7th Heaven was a great guilty pleasure for me. Yes it's horribly directed, horribly acted, and more preachy than Captain Planet, but I couldn't stop watching it. Hell, I still watch the occasional repeat here and there.

11. bigdaddy

I watched 7th Heaven too because I thought David Gallagher was cute. :lol:

Still one of the worst shows ever made.