TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure I must have posted in this thread at some point over the past. Anyway, I've just been reading through the most recent introductions, and I'd just like to say that there have been so many new members lately that have been contributing to the TNG forum and the board in general and I've enjoyed meeting you all. :)

2. mxmxmx

mxmxmx Guest

[FONT=Arial]Jamie bamber [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Captain Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama in Battlestar Galactica [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Ralph Brown[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Ric Olie in Star Wars episode 1 the phantom menace [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Appearing on soccer am which is on Sky Sports 1 and Sky 1 at 9.00 am until 12.00 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Live chats and taking part in the road to rome challenge [/FONT]

3. SomniumRabidum

SomniumRabidum Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've been a huge TNG fan since the beginning. I was young at the time, but my dad watched religiously so I became a fan by default. I still watch several episodes regularly, it's easily one of my favorite shows of all time.

I got tired of DS9 pretty early, but I've recently been giving it another shot, starting with season 4.

I couldn't stand Janeway or Chakotay, but I loved the idea behind Voyager and I thoroughly enjoyed several episodes.

So anyways, I'm SomniumRabidum and I hope to be here for a long time. This is my first Star Trek forum, and judging by what I've read over the past few weeks I know FAR LESS about the Star Trek universe than most of you. I hope to learn more by frequenting this forum and I look forward to contributing where I can.

Oh, and just in case I have any fellow enthusiasts around here, I'm a diehard Steelers fan and a MMA fanatic.

4. Roberto

Roberto Lieutenant Red Shirt

TNG is my favorite Trek series.

5. Frazzled

Frazzled Commander Red Shirt

Hello. I've just joined this forum. TNG was the first Star Trek I got into and I also love Voyager.

TNG got better and better I think, I love the final series with episodes such as phantasms best - I think the writing was fantastic, real suspense, and by then the characters had had a chance to develop. Voyager on the other hand had huge potential, to be honest it's probably my favourite, but I feel a bit let down by the way the most of the characters seemed to stagnate a bit and later episodes aren't as good - it didn't help that I'm not fond of Seven. I wasn't as keen on DS9 as the whole 'stuck on a space station' thing didn't interest me as much, but I think it was well written and got better as it went on. I loved Sisko and was a huge fan of the Kira/Odo relationship.

My favourite TNG Characters - hmmmmm. Definitely Picard, he's great. Not so sure about either of the women, the Doc was a bit soppy I thought and I really didn't like the Counsellor at all. Data is fab, a mixture of humourous with serious debate about what makes a person a person, iyswim, loved him to bits. Worf was good and I liked him even better when he got to DS9. Geordi was well developed you could watch him growing up in a way - I loved seeing him a captain in an episode of Voyager.

I'm not really all that keen on the stuff set after the series, I read Before Dishonour because of the Janeway thing but I prefer leaving the crew of the Enterprise from the tv series together in my head. Similarly the first three films were ok but as for killing Data in Nemesis ... don't get me started! he'd only just begun to embrace his humanity. Pah :scream:

Now all I need is more hours in a week and I'll have time to try Enterprise and TOS ;)

6. TS-1838-SWATH

TS-1838-SWATH Commander Red Shirt

Welcome: SpaceProg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  7. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome: mxmxmx

8. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome: SomniumRabidum

9. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome: Roberto

10. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome: Frazzled

11. DaveG

DaveG Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TNG my favorite series. I'm watching it right now on the SciFi channel.

12. TS-1838-SWATH

Hello DaveG

13. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Well, my general info is in my signature in the hyperlink titled About Me. My top three favorite Trek Series are TNG, VOY, and DS9. I've been more active in the fanfiction (also linked to a VOY fic where a dimension jumping Armus is the bad guy), DS9 and VOY forums more than here.

I've been a bit remiss in posting here, because it was TNG that got me interested in Star Trek in the first place. Since I watched a rerun of the Last Outpost on CBS at the age of 13 in the summer of 1996 I've been a Trek fan ever since.

I also enjoy New Frontier as well, though some of its latest iterations have been a bit interesting to say the least.

I might write a TNG Robin Lefler-related fic in the future as well, one that doesn't take the New Frontier series into account and that takes place post-Dominion War.

14. ambessalion

ambessalion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Best Trek hands down....

15. kustirider2

kustirider2 Commander Red Shirt

Hi :) My name is Steph and im 15 (Young Trekkie! lol)

I am a kinda new Trekkie (Since September 2008) and i'm already obsessed over it (I has spock ears :D ) I only started watching it one Saturday when nothing was on T.V and I decided to watch ST:TNG because I knew Patrick Stewart was in it (One of my fave actors :) ).. I am now a massive Data fan, lol. The Next Gen is still my favourite but Voyager comes up as a close second :D and My favourite characters are; Data, Spock and The Doctor.

Just wanted to say hi :) and that I love your caption contests!

Oh, and I also make Avatars (Jpeg, BMP, PNG, GIF, whatever) If you have a request :D

16. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome Dingo

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  17. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome ambessalion

18. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome kustirider2

19. Vulcan Princess

Vulcan Princess Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm new to these threads, but not new to Star Trek. My parents and my sister are huge fans and watched TNG when I was growing up. I would watch a bit here and there, but I wasn't a big watcher.

That changed a few years ago when I wanted to learn more about my roots. My parents met through their mutual love of Star Trek, so I figured I should watch it and see what brought my parents together. (My parents had everything on tape.) I've seen everything except for a few episodes of the original series, and I'm hooked. I even write fanfiction now.

I'm in law school, and I'm working on a law review article discussing how Star Trek has influenced the legal system and how legal issues are treated in Star Trek. (I can count watching episodes and hanging around message boards as academic research!)

20. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome VulcanPrincess