TDKR...what if Batman dies???

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Warped9, May 23, 2012.

?

What if Batman dies?

1. Fine, I'm okay with it.

33 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. No, I don't think I'd like this.

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. Unsure, might depend how it's done.

17 vote(s)
    29.8%
  1. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^Or just have a few second re-cap at the start of the film.

"A young Bruce Wayne witnessed a common criminal murder his parents. Vowing to protect Gotham City from injustice he became The Batman".

Or a Seinfeld-esque:

"Bruce Wayne went to the opera with his parents, yada-yada-yada he dresses up like a bat and fights the criminally insane."

2. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

It could work if it's done right I suppose. The dude definitely deserves to be killed. the peep has no qualms about killing his mentor and then his best friend, so f em! Let him sleep with the fishies.

3. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think kids have even less of a need for an origin than adults. None of the various Batman cartoons have started "at the beginning." They all start with an established Batman doing his thing. It's not until the teen and adult years where the obsessive need to have everything explained kicks in.

4. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still think all future origins should be handled the same way Spider-man 2 recapped the events of the first film. Have a brief montage of the key moments of the origin as the opening credits roll- Parents shot, Bats, putting on the bat costume - then dive straight into the actual plot of the film.

5. trekkiebaggio

I'm becoming more fond of my yada-yada-yada idea :lol:

But yeah Spider-Man 2 did it well, I also like the route Watchmen and Wolverine went with the mini-movies in the credits.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

To those who actually read the comics, does Bruce ever get over his angsty "omg my parents were murdered" nonsense? Not that it's something to be taken lightly, obviously, but I'm just getting tired of seeing flashbacks and references to it in ever incarnation of Batman that I see.

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well in Batman and Robin (the comic series not the crappy film) he seems to be heading that way at least as of the post reboot first issue (I lost track after issue 2).

8. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm also getting the impression that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be taking over the Batman once Bruce either dies/becomes paralyzed. Perhaps, as a Gotham cop he figures out Bruce is Batman but keeps the secret to himself and Gordon and decides to don the cowl once Bruce is injured.

The thing that interests me, though, is if this happens will Levitt be a replacement Batman or a psycho Batman like Jean Paul Valley? I guess that'd be reason for the Bruce Wayne Batman to "Rise" to defeat the imposter Batman.

All I know is, I can't wait to see this frigging movie!

9. trekkiebaggio

Or Bane kills imposter Batman only for real Batman to rise and defeat him.

10. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm.... never thought of that! Maybe the Batman we see backing away from Bane is Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as is his cowl that Bane throws on the ground. Only for Christian Bale to rise up and defeat Bane. I kinda like that!

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

But we've already seen an imposter Batman killed. Joker killed one for all to see.

Bruce already told fake "I'm not wearing hockey pads" Batman what the difference is, essentially saving him.

How would this be any different if JGL is running around in a cape and cowl? On the surface since we are speculating it sounds cheap and has retread written all over it.

Surely the "Great Nolan" wouldn't be so plain?!

12. trekkiebaggio

I'm assuming that JGL would know Bruce Wayne's secret and Bruce endorses him taking over the Bat-duties for a time. I'm also assuming that in the film JGL would be shown to have a similar drive and motivation to Bruce Wayne so that's he's worthy of wearing the cowl.

13. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I bet that Bruce will be paralyzed from the waste down.

Now what I can hope for is the following:

Lucius Fox will bring Bruce down to the Bat-RND department and tell him that he may have something to help Bruce. Bruce will smile, the screen will go black and this logo will appear on the screen.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That's how Steve Roger's returned to being Captain America back in the 70s. The Red Skull killed poor Roscoe.