Who would prevail in an armed conflict?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by QuarkforNagus, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The first Death Star was direct, but the second Death Star had some aiming capability. It was able to pick of starships without being directly pointed at the target.

But it's a moot point anyway. Thanks to Voyager, cubes are perhaps more maneuverable than SW capital ships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgVnwo-Szk

2. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

The Borg cube would eventually release a Borg Sphere that would find the Death Star's weak spot and KABOOM! Battle over.

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Only ships that stood in front of it. I don't think it can rotate that fast. I have a feeling, with its mass, rotating quickly would cause everyone to fly out the windows.

I am considering changing my vote to Deathstar if the Emperor or Darth Vader is aboard and the Borg count as weak minded. They could mind trick them to sleep.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I would think that the collective force of the Borg consciousness would not be 'weak'. I highly doubt any kind of telepathic trick (Jedi or otherwise) would ever work on them.

5. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Borg wins, before the Death Star gets a chance to fire, they beam over drones, assimilate crew, learn the details of the Death Star weapon, adapt their shields, making the Death Star weapon useless. Either that or, you know, the thermal exhaust port. BOOM!

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

The Borg wouldn't use the exhaust port to destroy the Death Star. They'll either use it to assimilate them or they'll ignore them. Borg seldomly destroy ships just to destroy them.

7. AverageWriter

AverageWriter Lieutenant Red Shirt

And if the Emperor is on the Death Star...

You've got quite a fanfic basis there.

Borg Emperor and Borg Vader...

8. Cyke101

That's why I said *some* aiming capability, not total. I also mentioned the Cube's superior maneuverability vs. your standard SW capship. It's the Death Star, not the Death Blossom!

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

1: Can the force stop assimilation?
    2: Can the Borg use the force?

10. Mr. Laser Beam

I doubt it. It takes high doses of radiation to destroy Borg nanoprobes, and the Force is...not exactly that.

11. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

That assumes that the Death Star didn`t get lucky and just strike the Borg cube first as the Borg were saying `We are the Borg; you will be assimilated; Resistance is futile (I`m betting that the Death Star superlaser has an adjustable range and line of fire in all arcs and doesn`t only just shoot straight.)

THIS.

Speaking of your name, Dan, I`d like to see the next Star Trek film skip a hundred years and just have Kirk & Co. handle the Borg right then and there in the 23rd century. Anybody with me on this?

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Kes was mentally able to destroy a nano probe. Can the force do the same? Plus there is force regeneration. Could they just destroy the effected cells and regenerate what's lost?

13. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Beam over and disable the weapon first? Approach from the opposite side? I'm surprised by some of these responses. Seems some people watched a very different version of Star Trek than the one I've seen. One where the Borg have something resembling intelligence or common sense.

How did this version of First Contact play out? I'm guessing it was a short movie.

14. Cyke101

Interesting thing about the Borg hive mind -- has it ever been established that it's *purely* technological? Could some element come from telepathic species that they've assimilated and incorporated into the collective and passed on to the drones? It'd be neat, but ultimately it's just a brain fart on my part -- I don't think it would matter either way if the Borg fought the Empire. And I would think telepathy would be a biological distinctiveness worthy of the Borg.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Unlikely.