NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by havoc92, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These look stunning. I think headroom might be a problem in some spaces though! ;)

Of course, that's really down to the design of the ship and FJ's placement.

2. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about headroom near the windows. Great renders though!

3. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've long suspected that FJ used the "floor plans only" nature of his plans as a sort of "fudge factor"? He probably figured no one would consider the elevation issues?

The cross section is the only thing we have to hint at what the headroom might be like in some areas, and this is rather limited in its usefulness.

The transporter room with its elevated platform is probably the biggest problem area as far as available headroom in the FJ plans goes, I’ll be interested to see how havoc92 deals with this. :)

4. havoc92

havoc92 Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Intended to post these last night; but, zonked at the computer. So here's the newest.
    Reworked the walls as intended. Added doors back into the mix. Did a few other fixups.
    removed the bridge deck lift and repositioned the lift car and doors. Still need to mod
    the lift walls to match the new corridor wall thickness. Back to building props for the
    moment.

5. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Adding those wall panels has made a world of difference - it now looks like something lifted right out of TOS!

6. havoc92

Yeah, it really beefs it up a bit, makes the doors look like they're back as far as they should be finally as well. Really happy with it ;)

Here's the latest:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Been workin a little today on the beam energy test stand for the High Energy lab. Not
    sure this is the way it's gonna stay; but it's a start.

7. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Incredible work! I have a question...has anyone ever attempted to create a turbolift system that would allow the bridge to face forward instead of being offset?

What I was thinking is that from the outside, we see the turboshaft at the rear of the bridge but would it be possible to have turbo cars slide to the left or right as storage or cars that are in queue for use?

For example, a turbo car would travel all the way to the top and then slide to the side, where the door to the bridge would open up.

I don't know if that would be possible with the current bridge dimensions or how much of a dimensional change would be needed but it would be nice to see a non-offset bridge design.

Hey...if the Galileo can have a larger interior than the exterior, similar logic can be applied to the bridge and it's turbolift system. :)

Either way, you've done some excellent work!

8. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Wow.

Gotta say, this is the first time I've really worked my way through this thread, and it's amazing. This is a pathological level of creativity - I both envy you and fear for your sanity :).

I really love the bridge with the service corridor - would love to see a walkthrough of this. Of all of it, really!

Nice work! Truly!

9. havoc92

Thanks guys ;) Been taking some 'necessary' downtime while playing Skyrim ;D Should be back at it soon; but, some things just must be relished a bit.

10. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Skyrim, the life sucker. I just recently had to put it down to continue work on my Trek projects.

Great work, btw!

11. spockrocks

spockrocks Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

12. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, looks like I'm back to work anyway. Gangways aft have been seated; but, need modifying
    and some examination with regard to safety issues. The gangway forward has been modified
    to extend it for actual deck height so that it now comes down closer to the floor.

The High energy lab is still being worked on. One of my machine designs is in; but, two others are
    in progress after scrapping my initial designs. Moved quite a way in one day so fairly pleased.
    The work tables in the HEL have been trimmed to the hull and dressed a little.

Been absent for a while. Got a second job among other things and been hosed for time or interest -
    mostly just from being tired; but, you'll have that. Trying to get goin again. ;)

13. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Nice to see you back at it. Love the new renders. :bolian:

14. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Second that - welcome back and great additions!

15. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Captain Captain

May I say, darned sexy sir. Very good.

16. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very sweet it all belongs in a book. :techman::techman::techman::techman::techman: Nice to see you back and working on this again. :)

17. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

I look at these images and want to run through the halls from room to room looking at everything...

18. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll be right with you :)

19. trekriffic

trekriffic Commander Red Shirt

I finally took the plunge and read though every page of this thread. This project epitomizes what is meant by the phrase "a magnificent obsession". You should definitely look into getting this published once the work is completed.

20. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

Wow!
    Have you thought about converting to FBX then bringing some decks into Unity 3D? Then you could walk around very easily.