Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 1 is Online!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remember that short film I posted a few months back that starred Michael Jai White as Jax? Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade? Well the web series has debuted! I think it's awesome. Can't wait to see the rest of this.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=76352

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

That was pretty good. Jeri was great. :D I will be looking forward to the rest of these. :)

3. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I liked it for a cheesy web series and Jeri was great as usual, I hope she'll more action roles similar to this in other TV shows (like Chuck and Torchwood).

4. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are these weekly? Bi weekly? Or monthly?

5. Admiral_Young

They're weekly. Nine episodes designed to show the characters motivations for eventually entering the Mortal Kombat tournament. In the first short film trailer, Jax mentions an underground tournament that everyone's been talking about.

6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Sonya is a tough fighter so I found it odd and disconcerting that they didn't show how she got beat up beat up so badly and kidnapped.

7. Admiral_Young

^ I suspect there's a reason for that and that reason was Kano. He seems to be a bad mofo in this. Both the short and this episode implies a history between the three of them, especially between Jax and Kano (fans of course know this already lol). I wouldn't worry. We'll see Sonya kick some ass before this is over. I really hope Kevin gets a chance to do a movie. He seems to really understand the essence of the franchise and characters so far.

8. Obiwanshinobi

I wonder how they'll explain Sub-Zero's or Scorpion's powers. Oh cool the guy from BSG and Dollhouse is in this. I wonder if he's just a police chief or if he's supposed to be Stryker.

9. Admiral_Young

He's Stryker and is called by name by Kano when he's taunting Sonya. I really wish Johnny hadn't already been killed, sigh.

10. Obiwanshinobi

I hadn't gotten to that part yet. oh yeah, I forgot johnny cage got killed off already.

Anybody picking up the game next week? I've been playing a lot of Marvel vs Capcom 3 for the past 2 months so its going to be weird having to press and hold a button to block. Using the back button feels way more natural.

Back to the series, do we know who the main protagonist is in this? Judging from Rebirth, it looked like they shifted the focus to Scorpion, which is freakin' bad ass in my opinion. Was starting to get over saturated with Liu Kang, but he'll probably still show up at some point.

TOASTY!

11. Admiral_Young

I don't know if Scorpy will be the main antagonist but he's a vital part of this series. I believed he was teased in the teaser short and photos of him have been online for a couple of weeks. Same with Sub-Zero. They both look like you'd expect. It's not known who the primary villain is yet or who is running the tournament. I believe that is what Jax and Sonja have been investigating.

12. Obiwanshinobi

Most likely Shang Tsung again. But instead of him being an actual shapeshifter. They'll probably make him The Master of Disguises! :lol:

Goro will be his goon. Some body builder born with extra appendages that look like arms.

13. Admiral_Young

^ Actually I'm thinking that Kevin will make the prime antagonistic some kind of underground Japanese mafioso or something like that. I believe it's mentioned in the first short that there has been a recent massive illegal weapons and drugs activity. We saw the weapons cache that Kano was having built. Even Kano's little eye piece. Yeah the little touches and nods to the series have been great if you can spot them.

14. Obiwanshinobi

If they cast Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa to play the leader of this Black Dragon society, that would be a great nod.

15. Admiral_Young

16. Obiwanshinobi

Yeah, pardon me, I've forgotten alot of the little details from Rebirth especially the photograh of Tsung. So James Lew as Tsung eh? Damn it all to hell! Oh well, still stoked for the series. I wonder if anything more can come of this after it wraps. I guess that depends on how finite the ending will be when they wrap.

17. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

Sweeeet!

Last I heard, the whole Jeri Ryan Mortal Kombat concept was dead in the water!

18. Admiral_Young

Nope. It was green lit back in Jan I believe. The director and writer for those that don't know, Kevin Tancharoen, is the brother of Maurissa Tancharoen (who co-wrote Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog and is married to Jed Whedon I believe.

19. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Oh that was fun! I can't wait for the rest of this series. :)

20. Admiral_Young

Went back and watched the short film trailer and then this again. Just absolutely awesome stuff. Now this is the definition of rebooting.