Intrepid Updates

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by USS Intrepid, Aug 21, 2011.

1. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Thanks to webmaster Michael Hudson, The Stone Unturned is now live on our website, and available to download in both Windows Media and mp4 versions. The mp4 is iPad and Android compatible, so now you can take Intrepid with you wherever you go. ;)

The bloopers and commentary will follow soon.

http://www.starshipintrepid.net/

2. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Excellent as always! A nice mix of character and action, with an interesting guest star to boot. I also listened to the commentary, and it was (ahem) fascinating to hear what went on behind the camera.

Intrepid remains in the top tier of Trek fan filmdom. Keep up the good work!

3. USS Intrepid

Thank you, Randy, and thanks for watching. :)

4. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i liked it :)

at the end my first thought was 'i wish there was more because i dont want to stop watching'. love the character interaction. nice work despite a few issues.

that sector of space must have the highest concentration of balding scots men outside earth :p

5. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I rather rolled my eyes at the teaser because it's so rote
    (space battle opening, unnecessary Starfleet secrecy resulting in friendly fire)
    and technobabbly. Things improved after that, though. I was much more interested in the archaeological part of the story than all the shooting, which just feels obligatory. The real fireworks are between the characters, not the pew pew zap stuff.

6. USS Intrepid

Thanks Junxon, glad you enjoyed it. No comment on the hairlines. :)

Yeah that's fair. Funnily enough, the next one I'm writing has rather less of that, since I really want to go all out and do a proper TNG style story, and try to get it right on all fronts. Or at least closer to right. I suspect you'll approve. :)

And thanks for watching, Maurice. :)

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  7. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. USS Intrepid

FWIW, if I knew then what I knew now, Intrepid would be so very, very different today. Hindsight and all that. :)

Suffice to say, our next episode will wrap up the previous plot lines, so we can move on to more interesting (to me) types of stories. Frankly, if it wasn't for the fact that I hate leaving stories unfinished, I'd just start over.

9. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Only natural, Nick. One thought occurs to me: you had to take the road you traveled to get where you are. Giving the current plot line a lean wrap-up and proper send off seems to me a proper way of acknowledging the hard won lessons that you and all involved have learned! Keep going!

10. USS Intrepid

Oh don't worry, we'll wrap it up. We've already shot about half of that story, so can't stop now. :)

11. MikeH92467

Whatever mixed emotions you may have now, I hope you're biggest feeling is one of pride..so many people think they want to do a fan production, so few ever do more than talk, fewer still ever do any real groundwork, fewer of those ever make any effort and only a very few have the combination of determination, luck, skill...whatever to turn out a finished product. There is so much to be proud of in your work, even if you never release another episode! I'm really looking forward to the next generation *ahem* of Intrepid!

12. CaptainSerek

CaptainSerek Commander Red Shirt

I have it downloaded, I am now just waiting for time to thoroughly enjoy it from beginning to end. It should be soon.

13. USS Intrepid

Thanks, Mike. Oh we're certainly proud of our achievements, but we're not so blind as to ignore our shortcomings either. I think that's healthy. :)

Serek, I hope you enjoy it!

14. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

FINALLY got a chance to sit down and compose my thoughts about "The Stone Unturned."

For starters, a hearty and sincere "Well done!" to all of you. I'd been aware of this episode for a while and had been looking forward to it for some time. Certainly because of the involvement of Picard, and even more so when I learned some actual friends here in L.A. know Giles as well.

It'd be easy to nitpick everything good and bad -something I fear I have become too adept at- so I'll simply say that I quite enjoyed the show. I was a bit weary of a fan playing Picard but Giles did a great job, bringing his own interpretation to the character and still preserving that historian/archaeologist passion that Patrick Stewart so ably demonstrated for years. Visual effects were great as usual, and the script was -as usual- more than pleasantly witty, a quality I find lacking in most other fan films. From Hunter's growing consternation, Picard flirting with Caed, all the way to some real gems from S'Ceris ("If ignorance is bliss, I'd think you'd be smiling more often!" and the later callback to that line were great!) ... it just pops. In a good way. You guys are leaps and bounds ahead of everyone in the writing department and it shows.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode!

15. MikeH92467

I have written a brief article about "The Stone Unturned" which can be seen here.

16. USS Intrepid

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  17. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finally watched the episode last night, and the first thing I did was watch it again. It was great fun! I've always liked the use of a practical set whenever you can fit one in, as difficult as it can be at times. The Hunter-Picard relationship was central to the whole thing and was very well played. And yes, it was great to see Picard in a plot that didn't involve him going ape-poop crazy on some bad guy's ass at the end.

Well done to you and the team!

Mark

18. USS Intrepid

Thanks for chipping in, Mark. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

I too liked seeing Picard written as an explorer again, rather than an action hero. I think the is more the sort of tone of thing you'll be seeing from us in the future.

19. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

:beer::techman:
    Great job Mr. Cook!!! You and your crew continue to improve! I really like what you have done. I will be recommending this to other ST fans. Thank you!

Will you play the TOS charter Cyano Jones it you were asked for Phase 2??

20. USS Intrepid

Thank you, always happy to hear you enjoyed our efforts. :)

I actually did some voice work for Grissom as Jones, so it's funny you should mention him. Would I be interested in playing him for Phase 2? Sure, I'd love to, but I don't think I could afford it these days. Fatherhood is expensive and time-consuming.

Last edited: May 17, 2013