1/1000 scale Sovereign starship scratchbuild

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by REL, Nov 15, 2012.

1. REL

REL Commander Red Shirt

This one is in scale with all the R2 kits, (original Enterprise, Refit etc.)

Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

REL:

Your scratch build skills continue to amaze, outstanding! How does this build compare to the "Studio Scale" Sovereign Class build you did a year or so ago? More managable scale? Looking forward to more pictures as you progress.

Awesome, as always....

[Wayne & Garth] We're not worthy, we're not worthy..... [/Wayne & Garth]

Q2UnME

3. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

As a modeler and occasional kitbasher and less occasional scratch builder, I would appreciate more information on your build. Methods, materials, techniques- stuff of that nature.

I also hope that the lack of responses here do not deter you from more frequent posts!

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would also love to know the process you go through to make these models, even just up to this point. There's no way I could do it myself, but it would be fun learning!

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Will you have both First Contact and Nemesis nacelle supports, or is there really much of a difference?

6. REL

REL Commander Red Shirt

A little more progress. It's made so a shuttlebay can go in the rear, but I don't think we've ever seen what the rear shuttlebay looks like on the Ent E.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. REL

REL Commander Red Shirt

There's a big difference. The FC Enterprise and Nemesis are nearly two different ships. This one will be made to resemble the Nemesis ship as I like its lines more. The nacelles are up higher over the saucer.

8. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

Truly remarkable work. You scratch-build artist amaze me. I wouldn't know where to begin. I really look forward to following this post. :-)

9. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

By now, anybody here who knows me well enough knows that I adore the Sovereign class. I have even since I first saw her on the big screen all those years ago.

Any chance we'll finally see a physical model that can hull separate like what was conceptualized by John Eaves?

10. REL

REL Commander Red Shirt

Thank you.

Finished the nacelle.

[​IMG]

11. REL

REL Commander Red Shirt

I'm finished with the ship itself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I'm working on the decals, they're full decals that will cover the entire ship, so minimal painting will be required.
    [​IMG]

12. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Slick stuff!

--Alex

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome :)