Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Six

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mr Light, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well, we had to wait an entire year, but Clone Wars is finally back, with THIRTEEN episodes! That's so much more than I was hoping for! I woke up nice and early this morning and got to see the first two episodes on Netflix!

6X1 The Unknown
    6X2 Conspiracy

This is a very intriguing story so far! I normally don't care for clone-centric stories, but it's fascinating to see them uncovering Order 66 without realizing it and the attempts to keep it a secret. The best part is the Kaminoans are IN ON IT and reporting to Dooku about it!!! Though apparently they think "Tyranus" is a Jedi and have no clue he's with the bad guys.

The opening episode had some really gorgeous battle scenes. I had forgotten how amazing this show looked. I was particularly blown away by the long open corridor with hundreds of droids and clones blasting away at each other. And the debris and shrapnel from the EVA attack looked great.

This might have also been the most graphically violent episode yet. Tup walks up and shoots a Jedi right in the face and they barely cut away from it. For the EVA attack, we see droids shooting clones point blank in the face and ripping out their cockpits so they asphyxiate in space! Yowza!

Is this the first appearance of those flying Super Battle Droids? They were cool!

I really liked the visual design of the Jedi twins. Their head tentacles swayed around like they were floating in water. I think they were based on beta fish? I do have one complaint though. The one twin gets killed, and we get almost zero emotional reaction from the surviving sister, and we never follow her story to see her grieving at all. I know the story wasn't about her but we really needed Anakin comforting her or something. Everybody seems to immediately forget about the dead Jedi and they just care about why Tup did it.

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "The Lost Missions" Review Thread SPOILERS

[​IMG]

Since the other Clone Wars thread is for Season 5 and discussion leading up to this season, I figured Season 6 should have its own thread. Plus, we'll be discussing spoilers here, so we can leave the other thread for non-spoilery discussion.

Anyway, this is where you should post your reviews of Season 6, or "The Lost Missions" as it's called on Netflix. While some people prefer to watch everything in a bundle, and others prefer to watch one or a few episodes at a time, it would get too tedious putting everything in spoiler code. So be warned, if you haven't seen all 13 new episodes, you may be spoiled in here.

Here's the trailer for the new season:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6gZdTUKQo[/yt]

And the Wookiepedia page on Season 6:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars:_Season_Six

3. Locutus of Bored

Dammit! You ninja'd me while I was typing up my thread. :lol: Maybe we can get them merged.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

mine can be deleted, I don't care :)

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So looking forward to this. Amazing to not have them trickle out one by one over the course of three months. Does anyone plan on going crazy and watching them all today?

6. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The only one I want to watch is the Yoda arc.

7. Locutus of Bored

I'm watching them one arc at a time for now. I just finished the first four-episode clone trooper "illness" arc. It was awesome and sad at the same time. I'll post more later when I get home.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm looking forward to binge watching it this weekend. If mods want they can lock the season five thread, it has long since served it's purpose :)

9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    So far, I'm seven episodes in (gonna take a break for now and finish up sometime later tonight or tomorrow) and the Order 66 arc is my clear favorite of the two I've completed thus far. I've always liked Trooper Fives. I've heard stories about the Jar Jar arc but I'll keep an open mind. I've slugged through far, far worse episodes (and parts of the live action films) than any Season 6 content I've watched so far.

Not bad.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ugh, there's a Jar Jar arc?! :barf:

11. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

The Order 66 arc was impressive. The production values were amazing. The story was compelling (even if it's ending was a tad predictable, given what we know has to happen in RotS). Even though I knew what was likely to happen, that didn't diminish its impact on me. Very emotional. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for the rest (even the Jar Jar eppies)!

12. cooleddie74

I was surprised by how good the Order 66 arc really was, because depicting elements of the Clone programming earlier in the timeline than ROTS could have laid a wide field of land mines and really backfired, but the writing was sharp and effective and I really got a big kick out of watching it all unfold.

Plus, I didn't mind seeing Kamino again.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They went all out on that first arc. The production was through the roof. Little things like camera angles up in the pipes, radio music in the cab, etc. were as nice as the big stuff. Katie Lucas is credited with the story so maybe they went the extra mile for daddy's little girl. No matter how the rest of the episodes go I'd be happy for this arc alone.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

6X3 Fugitive and 6X4 Orders

Good ending. Definitely the best clone-centric serial of the series as it actually contained important and relevant material. Was this the first time Shaak Ti was on the series prominently?

The only part I thought was dumb was when Fives was on the run on Coruscant. In a bar full of clones. How in the world is any security sweep EVER going to find one man in a sea of identical men??? He should have had no problem disappearing and moving around.

Also, when he's escaping from the genetic room on Kamino, Shaak Ti just stands there like a lump while he runs up a ladder and closes the hatch. She let a clone slowly climb and try the handle. Why doesn't she Force leap up the ladder and slice it open with a lightsaber? Were we supposed to interpret this as Shaak Ti allowing him to escape by throwing the fight? Or was it just poor writing? Because she certainty seemed intent to capture him right after that.

Oh man. Next up is a three parter about Padme? And then a two parter about Jar Jar? I feel less excited now :lol: The ending serial sounds awesome though!

15. Greylock Crescent

The Padme arc is notable for how it depicts Anakin and their relationship. It helps underscore Anakin's almost paranoid insecurity with respect to Padme which, in turn, makes his decisions in RotS a little more plausible. It's definitely a solid arc. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

16. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

From what I've heard it further explains/gives some closure on a certain other character, so there's that. :shrug:

17. Greylock Crescent

The Jar-Jar double episode arc is surprisingly strong (if you can get past a few of his antics/hijinks). I loved the score to it and the spiritual angle of the story. And, honestly, at this point, I really enjoy Jar Jar's character, too. Pairing him with Mace Windu was a great idea. And he does more than slapstick humor, too. A lot more.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed watching Jar Jar
    sucker punch that chump with the animals
    . I thought those were fun episodes and it was nice spending extended time with Mace.

I've nearly finished these and just realized the 2.35 widescreen aspect ratio. The Jedi wouldn't be proud of my awareness of my surroundings.

19. cooleddie74

At least Mace is along for those episodes so it's not entirely a Jar Jar Hijinks and Bloopers storyline. And let's be frank here, Jar Jar is written much better and given more interesting things to do in Clone Wars episodes than he ever was on the big screen.

20. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished watching all of them, with the Yoda arc last. I was not disappointed. The season was fantastic and I'm only sorry that there aren't anymore. I hope this is successful enough to convince Disney to do some 90-minute story arcs or something. I have a feeling they want to put the era behind them but Dave Filoni didn't seem to rule it out in a recent EW interview.

I won't get completely spoilery on the episodes, especially the Yoda one. There's a surprise or two in there including at the VERY end. I'll just post some thoughts...

-Order 66 was a fantastic arc and did some great things for the Fives character. His interaction with AZ was great and we get to learn a lot more about the Kaminoans. I'm glad this arc gave us an opportunity to travel around Coruscant. I love the clone bar and the drunk clone who tells the air taxi driver "Hey, you're paying for all this!"

A quick note...Tim Curry does a much better job here as the voice of Palpatine. But I was pleased to realize that the late Ian Abcrombie is once again heard as the voice of Palpatine in the Clovis arc. This is confirmed in the credits. It makes sense since story arc was completed and originally intended for the 5th Season.

-The Clovis arc continues the goodness and gives us a look at the Anakin/Padme relationship and we get a pretty good scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan as well. The end of the first episode has a terrific action sequence.

-The Jar Jar and Mace storyline is actually pretty good. It has an Indiana Jones/80s fantasy vibe to it. It's a good adventure for the Mace character.

-The Yoda arc is pretty epic and answers a few things. They might have waited a long time to do another Yoda story but it was well worth the effort.