Entourage

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PKerr, Aug 10, 2012.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I think the show suffered from its 22-27 minute format. It would have been better as a 44-50 minute format. A lot of episodes resolved way too quickly, while other storylines took too long to resolve.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

2x10… Sloan shows up. I didn't expect Emmanuelle Chriqui to show up so soon. I thought she was a later-season character.

So far, the half-hour format seems to be working. It doesn't feel like anything is being rushed, especially since the show follows an arc.

3. tighr

That's because you're watching it back-to-back-to-back... It was brutal watching it live.

4. Agent Richard07

^ I see what you mean. Individual episodes can zip by pretty fast if you're really into the show. I'd hate to have to wait a week or several months to see what happens next.

I finished 3x14 last night and I'm enjoying the show more than ever. The drama is pure gold. Pun intended. I'm surprised to see that Kevin Connolly is supposed to be the lead and head of the pack. All these years, I thought that Adrian Grenier's character Vincent Chase was the lead. Vince can be likeable most of the time, but he can be annoying too. He's shortsighted and makes a lot of impulsive decisions that affect his career and finances. Of course, the Warner Bros studio head we saw isn't any better and doesn't help. It's interesting to get a look into the ugly side of the business even if it's dramatized for tension and/or entertainment value. One minor issue I have with the show though, is that we hear that Vince is a big star doing big movies, but we don't actually see much of that. I'm willing to let that slide a bit though because it's supposed to be about his personal life and friends, his entourage, which the show really excels at. There's a lot of heart along with the sharp and witty writing. And the inclusion of so many celebrities playing themselves is a pretty impressive bonus.

5. Agent Richard07

A James Cameron Aquaman does sound cool, but not the one from the show. What little we saw didn't impress me. Vince was all wrong for the part, the costume style they were going for looked too silly, like Tim Burton's Superman costume, and it looked like they took more than a few liberties with the characters.

6. tighr

I dunno... I TOTALLY would have watched this movie:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDaNZN7ZZDY[/yt]

7. Agent Richard07

^ At first, I thought that was Seth Rogen who got up.

And it would have been nice to at least get a glimpse of him in the costume. I was miffed too when the film got cut off. :rommie:

8. Agent Richard07

I'm finished up to the end of season 7. SPOILERS AHEAD…

- I read that the later seasons aren't as good as the earlier ones but I loved everything I saw. The dynamic changed with everyone becoming a little more "adult" and sort of going their separate ways, but the show is just good as it's always been.

- Ari is an absolute riot. Jeremy Piven really delivers. :techman: I especially liked it when he bought out Tarrence's company and fired everyone he didn't like by pegging them off with a paintball gun. :guffaw:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMdmWjtDRPE[/yt]

One thing that makes me a little uneasy though, is that Ari can be too abusive at times. I found it hard to believe that anyone would put up with his crap. Anyone doing what he was doing would be buring a lot of bridges and alienating everyone around them. Then sure enough, his behavior caught up with him and it was painful to watch. The show really took a dark turn for the first time.

- Vince hasn't been doing so well either. His life is spiraling out of control, but unlike with Ari, there doesn't seem to be any real cause other than that's just the way he's being written.

- I loved seeing Sasha Grey play herself as Vince's girlfriend throughout the season. I like Sasha Grey and I love seeing her do more mainstream stuff like this. Her arc was really good. She really put herself into the drama and wasn't just your typical celebrity cameo.

- Most of the celebrities playing themselves did well in fact, with the way they were willing to ham things up a bit and play mock versions of themselves. I'm also impressed at how many more big names showed up as the series progressed.

- I got a kick out of this…

[​IMG]

- And Perrey Reeves in lingerie:eek:

I have 8 episodes left. That's all of season 8. I can't wait to watch it tonight. I hope all ends well.

[Edit] Victory!!! After 12 days, I'm finally done. I've seen Entourage and I've enjoyed the ride. I'm going to miss watching these guys for 4 hours every night, but at least it's not the end. We've got a movie coming up and I can't wait.

- Despite everyone moving on with their lives in season 7, they managed to get back to the "entourage" dynamic of the first few seasons and I liked that. Resets are rarely good or welcome, but this one was. I also liked the addition of Scott and Billy to the gang.

- I wondered upthread if Vince would ever settle down and it looks like he will, and he did it in typical Vince fashion… Impulsively. They didn't handle the courtship very well, it was too rushed and the 24-hour wasn't even shown, but I'm impressed that he got someone who looks like Alice Eve.

- They really dialed Ari's antics back, and after everything that happened in season 7, it was good to see him back on his feet. And that ending… I wonder what he'll do.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZGP3nXKvNQ[/yt]

Will he take it? What will the wife think? Can he pull something and do better like he did with his own agency? Can't wait to find out.

Time to read all the press along with what others thought of the show. So far, it looks like a lot of people weren't happy with the last two seasons. Too serious, less humor, the guys weren't as fun or behaved out of character, etc.

9. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral